1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Drayton Florence

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RipTheJacker, Dec 17, 2007.

1. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    I know many are down on him, but this was the best hit ive seen from a charger DB since the rodney days

I was pretty surprised that Jones got up

http://youtube.com/watch?v=n1B1qweqvSU
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n1B1qweqvSU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n1B1qweqvSU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Im more convinced now than ever that Florence should move to SS and be our starter for with Weddle for a long time!

2. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    This is the first mention I have seen of moving DFlo to Safety. Jammer yes, some even mentioned that Cro should play safety, but Flo, nope never heard it before.

He is DONE as a CB in San Diego though, why, cos he cannot play CB for ****. In yesterdays game it was clear as hell that Kitna threw at his man all day long and Flo was there 2 steps behind ready to push his man after the catch.

Yes, the above was a nice hit but jeeeeeeeeeeez he is such a massive liability. I would much rather see Gordon or even Gregory in there instead. Oh and while I'm at it, get friggin Moron McCree out of there too. Any combination of Cro, Jammer, Weddle, Gregory, Gordon and even Hart should be a v strong secondary.

• Like Like x 1
  3. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Shortly before this hit I had been *****ing about D-Flo's play. Great stick, but Flo was getting beat and dragged around all game. Don't let the door...

4. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    Great hit! Smell ya later Flo... He is too unpredicatble... :unsure:

5. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    very unpredicatble, and their is plenty of other people we can get to play safety, not turn players we have into positions we need

6. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    What happened to him this year? Last year he was breaking up passes like there was no tomorrow, always an inch away from intercepting. Now, it's like he's always two arms lengths away from the man he's covering. He's not even playing the role of covering the two best receivers. I was in the boat that predicted a huge year from Dflo, but it's Cro that's having one.

7. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    D-Flo got beat like a drum yesterday. :lol:

8. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    True, but from THIS ball-watcher's perspective, he really did Jack that dude up!! :yes: :icon_tease: :bolt: :flag:

9. Chargeroo

Chargeroo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    Great hit, yes indeed! But, he has to go. He gets beat a lot in every single game and every now and then he'll commit some stupid penalty that's costly. Let Gordon and Oliver fight it out to replace him.

10. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Flo had a toaster hanging off his *** most of the day. He can make some good hits, but he is a liability in coverage.

11. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Flo came close to leading the team in tackles, but he certainly led the team in the "shoving the receiver out of bounds 15 yards downfield" category.

12. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Nice hit Flo...and no penalties... :abq2:

13. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

14. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Do we have a new ankle biter? :icon_shrug:

15. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    We certainly have a new Charbroiled Extra Crispy DB. Sammy Davis eat your heart out.

16. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    My favorite chargers toaster boy was T. Shaw. That dude was not NFL caliber.

17. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Ha ha ha......... brilliant...................

I know I sound like a broken record here but..............

When I read Canepa's report card today and saw him write that Florence was 'excellent' I had to read it a few times to (1) make sure that is what it said and (2) find some hidden sarcasm.

It is what he wrote and it does appear to be written sarcastically. I like Canepa, some of his articles I enjoy but he obviously has no clue what makes an 'excellent' DB.

18. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    yep remember him another 2nd round bust if I recall correctly......

who went on to get a ring.......... amazing.

19. Chargeroo

Chargeroo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    Did you forget about the original Toast? ............ Elvis Patterson - he could be beat by your Grandma. You're right though, Shaw was bad too.

20. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    And this hit, while legal, was just inches away from being another 15 yard penalty for a helmet to helmet hit. He misses these tackles all too often or is caught trying to drag someone down from behind after a catch.

21. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Fixed it for ya. Shaw could not have covered He Hate Me. :lol:

22. JBerrier

JBerrier BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    The Chargers have the 2nd most cap room in '08 (Over $33 million and 44 signed players). Let Drayton go and go after Asante Samuel. Move Jammer to the 3rd CB. Samuel, Cro and Jammer would be a scary collection of DB's and sure up a real weakness on the defensive side of the ball. Those three could hold NE's and Indy's 3 wide sets in check.

23. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    Ummm, NO!

That $33 mil is going to go to re-signing guys like Merriman, Castillo, Igor, Rivers ( :unsure: ) etc...

Plus, Jammer>Samuel, no way AJ would bring that guy to be a #3 CB at the price he wants

24. JBerrier

JBerrier BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    I understand some of that money is going to re-signing those players, but the cap will have increased by 09' & 10' when their contracts come up for renewal. You have to spend some money on improving your team. I also wasn't talking about making Samuel the #3 CB, I was talking about making Jammer the #3 CB.

25. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    I know, but like i said Jammer>Samuel

26. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Bye-bye, D-Flo. It's off to Miami for you ..... :wave:

27. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I think our secondary is really, really good right now. Oliver will develop, and we have Gordon and Gregory as well. If we are going to spend some real money on FA's, we need some FAT BOYS. Oben and Goff are getting long in the tooth. We don't know how well Olivea will slot into Guard yet. Jamal is getting more vulnerable to injury. Castillo's injuries are not chronically problematic at this point, but they will get that way if it keeps up. We're in a position of taking best player available with our #1. I might change my mind, but I'm not real fond of trading down for extra choices. At the moment I'm looking for beef.

28. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    B-E-E-F