1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Drew Brees' book

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by msmith, Jul 3, 2010.

1. msmith

msmith BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    He is going to do book signing in Sam's Club in San Diego on the 11th. Anyone planning to get one?

2. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I wouldn't mind reading the book, but I never understood the fascination with standing in line to have the author sign a book

3. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205

I fail to see how that's any different than waiting for an atheletes autograph, except that this author is an athlete.

4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I could use the pages to start some fires this winter, I don't see much use for it otherwise.

5. msmith

msmith BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    The book contains 16 pages of color photos. It is quite readable. The chapters he talked about the Chargers are interesting to say the least. For example, in the second game of 2004 season against the Packers, he had a concussion. The following game against the Broncos, he hurt his left shoulder but he still played on.
    He really didn't badmouth against any particular individual in the organization. He remained friends with Flutie and Rivers even though he is competitive.

6. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I don't get waiting for anyone's autograph. I just don't get what the appeal is

7. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I agree, it's just part of the past time I suppose. Had you been around at the turn of the century and happened to get Honus Wagners autograph or someone like that I'm sure the value of that ink would change your mind. It's not like that anymore as mas production has ruined the novelty but still.

8. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    **** Drew Brees.

9. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350

:abq2:

10. Ron Burgundy

Ron Burgundy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    **** both of you, then.. Oh by the by, did Fouts ever win y'all a Superbowl? Nah.. Didn't think so.. Neither will Rivers because Norv Turner is a joke and Smith has his head so far up his rectum that he's chewing on his polyps.. and sit on one of these:abq1:

11. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    How many did Archie Manning win? How about even Playoff games? :yes:

12. Ron Burgundy

Ron Burgundy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Same reason Rivers won't win one.. because Smith ain't gonna surround him with good players.. That is what happened with Archie.. Those teams were mismanaged.. Have fun watching this team flounder in mediocrity and sit on one of these-->:abq1:

13. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    Oh, I will.
    It won't bother me ONE bit, if the Chargers don't win a SB. It will absolutly NO effect on my life.

So, what drives a A$$hole like you to come here and act like the POS that you are? :icon_shrug:

14. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    If The Gods ever see fit to bestow a Lombardi upon us, I hope my fellow Charger fans will remember all the years it didn't get done and refrain from becoming jackass fans who suddenly experience some good fortune and don't know how to behave.

• Like Like x 1
  15. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    I might have to visit my new "friend", Ron Burgundy. :icon_rofl:

16. SaintsLombardi

SaintsLombardi BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Drew Brees and LT deserved better... and they are getting it. There is nothing wrong with the fans (minus a few jerks that have no dignity or self worth). There is nothing wrong with the owner. The problem is the GM and his constant treading on players. The Saints organization did it for years.. get rid of good players that want more money. It's a buisness.. and their buisness booms. Yet, they aren't willing to compromise.

17. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Newsflash: LT is done, Brees wasn't. And if LT was so "coveted", why didn't the Saints grab him?

I've got 5 LT jersies hanging in my closet. But he's a Jet now.

Another newsflash: LT is playing for LESS money with the Jets. Something he said he WOULDN'T do if he stayed with the Chargers.

18. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    Making me a Mod. would stop a lot of these drive by flamers. :yes:

19. SDBoltzFan

SDBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    Threads like this are exactly the reason I was rooting against Brees and the Saints. All the Charger fans that thought it was great that Brees got a ring must not have thought about the a$$holes in the Saints fanbase that would come onto various Charger forums and try and rub it in. If not for the NFL wanting a title for N.O. because of Katrina, the Vikings would have been the ones playing the Colts. Is Favre still alive after the beating he took from the Saints defense? Late hits, illegal hits etc... it's all good though because it was a feel good story for the NFL...