1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Drew Brees sucks again!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Come on L .... you ain't stoopid.

Those same "professionals" cut third round picks and draft the Ryan Leaf's of this world. They hire the Saban's and Spurrier's ....

Take heart Fan Club of the Moled One ..... next season is an even year.

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Being paid Top 5 money and being WORTH top 5 money are two different things.

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,248
    It wasn't when you understand what Drew and his agent asked for. It was in effect another one year contract with the option for the Chargers to continue year by year.

Now in larger that is what most contracts are, which is why players try and get the guaranteed cash. Look at the Bills TE who will never play again and I can understand the desire to get guaranteed monies....

Faiders beating the Donkies IN DENVER!

4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    It was Drew that lied his azz off, and blurted it out as such in an interview AFTER he signed with the Saints.

5. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    This just in....

Drew Brees still sucks.

6. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Oh ..... ex-Charger man love alert ....

Y'all get moist now ...... the Ankle Biter just got an INT. Bad Rex showed up again .....

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,248
    Do you write every team off after but two losses?:icon_shrug:

8. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    And Drew would have gotten another $6 or $7 million if he took 75% of the snaps.

If he was confident in his ability to be the starter for at least 12 of the 16 games in 2006, why wouldn't he sign it?

Fact is, he wasn't sure he could do well in the 2006 season because he hid the full extent of his injury from everyone.

9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,248
    Notice how each side thinks the other lied.

It is because the fans don't know everything. So we have to accept that or start forging new lies as Trumpie does.

10. BestInTheWest

BestInTheWest New Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Cutler does too, haha.

Oak 20, Den 17 :icon_rofl:

11. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I knew your panties would flood ....

Bad Rex threw it right to him, the KC returned the favor . Chicago made a great play on a deflected ball for an INT.

12. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    :abq2: :abq1: :abq2:

leisure likes stirring it up cause he's a contrarian

Shammy loves to phuc with leisure

T-struck caught his woman pleasuring herself to a Drew Brees poster and has never forgiven him for that.

Conc's wife caught him rubbing one off to a Drew Brees poster

Sluggo is the only one honestly trying to prove a point, just don't bring up Sproles or he'll go Apeshit on you.

Drew Brees still sucks

I'm just trying to soothe the massive egos in here.

:abq2: :abq1: :abq2:

13. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    Hay, I thought I was your little buddy? :icon_twisted:

14. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    His lying is well documented.

1.) He had shoulder surgery in January 2006 to repair his torn labrum injury suffered in the final game of the 2005 season.

2.) Several weeks after the surgery, he was asked in a published interview, if there was anything that the Chargers should have worried about other than the torn labrum. He replied, "Ummm.... No."

3.) AJ was interviewed and asked why the Chargers were allowing him to walk, without compensation. He replied "Ask Drew and his agent".

4.) The Dolphins got a medical evaluation report regarding Drew's shoulder, and because of it's concerns, asked Drew to take less guaranteed money. He refused.

5.) After Drew signed with the Saints, he granted a July radio interview in the New Orleans area. In that interview, he blatantly admits to having suffered a torn rotator cuff IN ADDITION to the torn labrum.

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,248
    I am not having anything because you are disagreeing. You wanted to an *** and attack the public at large because of your personal dislike for Brees.

Go back and look, it is a matter of record now. You can attempt to lie and throw red herrings out there but it just makes you look even more foolish than before.

You and Shammy both have yet to provide an evidence in support of the words you have tried to put into my mouth. I know it is the standard way you like to argue, lie about someone and hope they don't notice. But I did, so put up or shut up.

16. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Two cases of Summer's Eve won't mask that smell.

17. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    The Turtle is the good cop and I'm the bad one. :yes:

18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,248
    No, your lack of inside information is the only thing documented. Are you seriously insinuating that the Chargers did not have all the medical information available. If they did, then there was no lying, just you not having the need to know.
    Yes, and?
    He did great last year, and was ready ahead of any predictions. So he is correct. Sorry, no way to flip that sluggy.
    AJ did allow that. I still question the move, we could have got some picks.
    Hey, the fins did great with the guy they chose... I see your point completely!
    Again... AND?:icon_shrug:

19. BestInTheWest

BestInTheWest New Member

Ratings:
    +16
    No one is claiming Drew lied to the chargers. When Tman and everyone else says he's a liar, it's because he lied to the MEDIA AND FANS - which is well documented like Wonderslug said.

20. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,248
    players 'lie' to the fans all the time.

Where is the angst that Merriman didn't tell you he tested positive?

Hell there are billions of such examples where players 'lied' to fans because the information is not any of your business.

21. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    You don't get it Conc. You aren't following the logic.

1.) Drew's doctor released the full extent of his injury to the Chargers (and AJ) as required by law. That's how they knew he had a torn rotator cuff AND torn labrum.

2.) Drew and/or his agent lied about the full extent of his injury to the world. Drew lied in his interview several weeks after the surgery. Asking if there were anything the Chargers should be worried about besides the torn labrum, the TRUTHFUL answer would be "well, I found out that I also suffered a torn rotator cuff."

3.) AJ knew the full extent of Drew's injury, because he had Drew's doctor's medical disclosure on his desk when he himself was asked why the Chargers let him go. That's why he said "Ask Drew and his agent." He was daring them (Drew and his agent) to tell the FULL TRUTH to the world. They didn't. Their nutsacks shriveled up until Drew signed his contact.

4.) The Dolphins found out about the full extent of Drew's injury from their medical evaluation. The fact that they decided to go after Daunte is irrelevant. It's just trying to deflect away from Drew. The Dolphins had major concerns about Drew's shoulder.

5.) Drew finally admitted to the full extent of his injury in July, after he suckered the Saints into $20 million upfront over two years as part of the 6 year, $60 million contract.

So, from January to July, Drew and/or his agent kept the full extent of his injury hidden to all that didn't have access to the full medical report. Those that had that access, namely AJ Smith and the Dolphins, seriously questioned his ability and thus the backing away from a long-term contract with large guaranteed monies.

The Saints didn't care, because they just jettisoned Aaron Brooks and were faced with the prospect of having Jamie Martin as their QB. In that situation, Drew Brees looked like Peyton Manning to them. And they paid accordingly, ignoring the medical report.

Paying him Peyton Manning money doesn't make him Peyton Manning.

That still doesn't hide the fact that Drew and/or his agent lied to the public and reporters from January to July.

22. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    Best post I've seen in a long time. :icon_toast:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.