1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Drew who?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by DrewWho, Sep 18, 2006.

1. DrewWho

DrewWho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3
    You peeps who doubted Philip is the Chosen One will be saying this in your sleep before the season is over. Only in the wee hours of Febrary 5, 2007, in the fuzzy haze of the post game celebration, will your thoughts allow you to think of what might have been with the Breeser. That melancholy morosity will quickly pass as you admire the Lombardi trophy, in the possession of the San Diego Chargers. You’ll realize at that moment , that Philip Rivers was the 2004 MVP of this team. It was his addition to this team by AJ that motivated Drew to elevate his game and produce up to his potential. That is what great leaders do. And while Drew deserves credit for his leg in this race, it will be Philip Rivers who runs the anchor leg, and brings home the prize.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Rivers was an upgrade at QB, IMO, but the "Drew who" talk sounds a bit like a slam. Drew was always a quality person and gave 110% to the Chargers. Even after leaving, when he could have held a bit of a grudge, he never said anything but positive things about the Chargers organization (at least that I have ever heard). I remain a big Drew Brees fan.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Why? Perhaps if you took Brees' nuts out of your mouth you'd recognize that Philip is the better QB.

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    C'mon guys, no need to go tp this level... We are all Charger fans here...:tup:

6. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    have they tasted a bit like gumbo since the move? :icon_mrgreen:

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    [​IMG]

:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

8. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Yeah, guys... As in everyone. As in this is something everyone could bear remembering.

Got a problem with that?

9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    You gotta problem with that?!:icon_evil:

:icon_rofl:

10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Damn you! Damn you to heck! I cant Salmon Salute you ifin yer agreein with me!

11. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Of course! :lol:

12. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Word. I meant it with all respect. Just a joke. :icon_wink:

13. DrewWho

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks junkyard. I needed to be reminded I forgot my meds this morning. :icon_mrgreen:
    All kidding aside, after reading my post it is over the top and rather pretentious for a first post to the main board.
    I do mean what I said, though, in a non-hostile way. The concern that so many had about Philip isn't warranted. That's all. After just being a reader of the various Charger forums for the past 2+ years, I think the disrespect some people leveled at Philip kind of got to me and I spewed out the drivel that started this dead end thread.

14. DrewWho

Ratings:
    +3
    Your impression of what I said kind of comes w/ the territory ...meaning reading one dimensional text on a screen doesn't necessarily convey the inflection of the speaker's voice. I mean no disrespect to Drew. I agree w/ your opinion of him. Read my first post in the introduction thread to see what I think of him. He's a stand up guy.
    I just think the agonizing of so many over whether Philip Rivers could step into the qb position was absurd, and that it would be pretty seamless.
    Hey, we are all on the same team here.
    Cheers.:icon_toast:

15. LightningStrikes

LightningStrikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +34
    You think Rivers won these games all by himself? :no:

If Brees was starting here, we would still be 2-0. Actually Brees has less talent on his Saints team and he's 2-0 as well. Don't give me any BS about QB ratings or stats. The stat that matters is wins, period. Rivers is a stud QB for sure. He'll be even better as he gains experience, but there is no need to bash Drew after he's gone. He was a solid guy and a solid QB for us. So DrewWho, you can K.M.A. & S.M.D.! :tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  16. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    It's all good, mate. Almost missed your post while wading through all the spam... [​IMG]

17. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    :yes:

18. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Boo hoo!

Some of you guys get way too caught up in the Drew soap opera, especially since that little drama was not renewed.

I for one am glad that Philip is our QB. I'd like to thank Drew for keeping the seat warm for Philip. And I'd like to wish him luck in New Orleans, though I have to admit I have mixed feelings about this. Every time I hear the quotes Drew made immediately after the 2004 draft--you know, the ones where he throws his O-line under the bus and pines for Robert Gallery--I wish INTs upon him.

On the bright side, I'll be happy no matter what. If Drew fails, the part of me that's pizzed at him will be ecstatic. If he succeeds, the part of me that rooted like hell for the guy will be pleased.

Really, it's a win-win. :icon_banana:

19. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    yawn...................................

20. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I am happy as hell we're finally settled on Rivers as our man, and I am also happy for the city and fans of the Saints getting Drew.

I think Drew is a hell of a nice guy and he deserved to be embraced by a city and team he could call his own. Sure, it was a huge cluster**** how it all went down at the end, but I think in the long run, all parties will be satisfied with the results.

21. Kitsune-udon

Kitsune-udon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    It was a win-win for all but the Turds. That makes me smile.