1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Dynasty developing

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Peter King;
    My early Super Bowl pick and more NFL nuggets

Article Link

In the AFC, there were only three choices. Unless you want to go out on a limb and say Jay Cutler's 2007 will be like Dan Marino's 1984, which I'm not ready to do. I would have picked San Diego if Marty Schottenheimer hadn't been hostile-takeovered by A.J. Smith, and if guruish Wade Phillips hadn't been replaced by defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell, who might have been a good hire five years ago, but not now.

I love San Diego's depth, except in the secondary; versatile rookie Eric Weddle has to be able to play somewhere in September, and play to the level he did when playing Calvin Johnson stride for stride when they met last December in the Emerald Bowl. (Weddle held Johnson to two catches for 19 yards.)

I think Norv Turner will do more than fine with quarterback Philip Rivers, but I don't like the overall coaching brain drain in San Diego.
    Now we come to New England.

2. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    In the NFC, I don't love anyone. I like the Saints quite a bit. In the end, they have the fewest weaknesses in the conference, and they're the only good team with a quarterback and running game that can stand toe-to-toe with the Colts and have a chance in a shootout. Drew Brees will be healthier this year, should have better weapons at wideout if rookie Robert Meachem keeps his weight down, and should have the type of running game quarterbacks dream of having. The addition of Jason David gives them a much-needed competent corner.

3. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
  4. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    For full disclosure, I'd love to see all these pundits and talking heads be required to re-print their preseason prognostications after the year is complete. With an annual "grade" on how each did. If they can grade teams, shouldn't grades be assigned to their crystal ball skills?

5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    :tup:

6. rapscallion

rapscallion BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8

Gregg Easterbrook in his Tuesday Morning Quarterback column reviews all the pundits' prognostications at the end of each season. Of course he can't go into too much depth, but does show how wrong all the early Super Bowl picks were and how often the idiots change their minds during the season and still get it wrong.

• Like Like x 1