1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

E-Bay ad is controlling my Inbox

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rexy2006, Nov 27, 2006.

1. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Does any of you IT folks out there know how I can get rid of this ridiculous Adobe Flash Player E-Bay "It" ad? It pops open and starts playing automatically in the upper portion of both my e-mail providers(Yahoo and Hotmail) once I try to open my Inbox.

I have to sit there and wait until the entire ad plays in its entirety. Then, when it is finally done, my Inbox appears. This is happening EVERY TIME on both. (I have IE 6.)

Thanks for any info.

2. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Props to Kim for responding to my plea. I'm gonna try adding a more powerful adblocker to my IE. If I have to watch the same ad again in its entirety, I'm gonna snap!

Thanks, Kim.:icon_mrgreen: :tup:

3. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Have you considered Firefox?

4. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
  5. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    That is Kim's suggestion. I guess I am adverse to changing my browser since I've been using IE forever. If FF by itself would block the ads, that would be great. She mentioned also possibly having to add-on an ad-blocker as well.

6. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    You like it better than IE?

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    I only use Firefox and I'm very close to just deleting IE from my laptop entirely

8. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Yup!!:yes:

9. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

You're welcome Rexy...Tacoda adware was hanging up my computer (and many others at the UT) for weeks until I switched to FireFox and used their adblock extension...I have been happy ever since...except once when my cache got full and Chispa's avatar looked like the little rep boxes...:icon_eek:

When I cleared the cache it fixed it...I do hope you get your problem solved because I'm pretty sure if an e-bay ad was blocking my forum access, something drastic would happen! :icon_wink:

FireFox is easy to install and you DON'T have to uninstall IE...you can have both if you want. I like FF better than IE. Firefox kills alot of the ads even without adding the adblock extension. I dont even see that e-bay ad and I didn't have to add it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    ps...I just read your cute ad-blocker rep Rexy...thanks!!! :) Yup, that's me as a baby lol.

Maybe click on the link and try installing FF...you might like it and you can keep IE too...don't worry

You're computer shouldn't blow up....:icon_eek:

j/k!

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1865/ (this is the ad-block extension but you may not even need it...just try installing FF first.)

11. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I keep IE cuz acuppola Karaoke sites won't open on FF for some reason, but I rarely use IE for anything else.

12. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

I keep it for the same reason. I have trouble with some sites, rarely. But I like FF better and use it almost 100 percent of the time. For me it is also faster. :icon_wink: