1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Eagles fans.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Nov 16, 2009.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Seeing A LOT of Eagles fans yesterday didn't bother me. I expected that. They are a well traveled team. Besides, if I lived in Philadelphia and decided to make a road trip... hands down, it would be San Diego (especially considering they won't play here again till another 8 years).

Though I lived in Philadelphia for three years and went to a few Eagles games (including on Chargers game) and I seriously think their fans are slightly worse than Raiders fans. Except they're not into gimmicks, fake gang culture, and thug image.

The parking lot wasn't too bad. When they tried to start sh*t, they shut right up when I reminded them "YOU LOST TO THE RAIDERS!" :lol:

Then I get to my row and saw that half of the season ticket holders sold their tickets to Eagles fans. But they were good fans.

There were about 20 Eagles fans ahead that were yelling "Our House", "We're Taking Over", etc.
    Most of them were ejected not even a minute into the first quarter. :lol:

On the plus side, there weren't many fights due to lots of security.

2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    That explains why I saw security moving over to your section.

But DAMN...lots of GREEN in the parking lot. As usual, I took the trolley in and as it was passing over the parking lot, I looked at the old practice field and there had to be THOUSANDS of Eagle fans in that area. Looked like it was some sort of party as they had tents and other stuff going on.

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    There are a lot of Eagles fans living in So Cal. I work with 5.

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    An Eagles fan spit in a girl's face that was wearing Chargers colors. I didn't witness it but I saw the spit on her shirt.

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    My best friend is an Eagles fan.

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    If I had the choice between living in Philly or SoCal ..... west coast, here I come!! :yes:

Last week even the Giants' fans were saying they were glad it wasn't Eagles Week. :lol:

7. SDKCFAN

SDKCFAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    One of the security people said that there were two Eagle's parties going on. One was for 2,000 fans and the other party was for 500 fans. Said that the stadium was opening a little later because the stadium needed the extra time to put the extra beer they bought away.

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    There are Eagle fans everywhere but many did travel from Pennsylvania or ather East Coast areas.

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Thank you Captain Obvious for repeating what has already been posted.

10. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I don't know if it was the area I was in (parking lot and section of stadium), but there weren't really any incidents. I did notice an increase in security but since I haven't been to a game this year, I thought it might have been something new. Overall, I thought the Eagle fans were OK .. nothing like most Raider fans.

11. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,417
    I've been to three Raiders games and have yet to witness any real incidents with them.

I heard about a fight that happened at one of them, but I didn't see it.

Of course, I've been told they have tamed a lot as of late and I didn't go to my first one until 2002.

12. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Eagles fans have always shown up in big numbers in San Diego. I remember the Northeast sections being almost solid green the last time I went to an Eagles game. Seemed to be the most of any visiting team from what I can recall. And there were quite a few fights that day, even more than at Raider games it seemed.

13. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Eagles fans are like certain parts of the anatomy. EVERYBODY has one.

14. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Eagles fans like Steelers, Packers and Vikings fans travel well. The Eagles fans are very loud, but the couple times they have been here since I started going to the games they didn't appear to cause much trouble. There is always going to be some amount of alcohol-fueled idiocy but not a noticeable uptick when the Eagles fans were in town.

The worst bunch of "fans" I have encountered would be the Raider "fans" in the late '90s...which were in large part L. A. Raiders "fans" (Translation: thugs who like to wear black jerseys, drink heavily and pick fights with anything not wearing similar colors) Because the Chargers were not very good during that time the stadium was overrun with these halloween costume wearing freaks.

Because the Chargers are now a winning franchise, Chargers fans are buying tickets and forcing out a lot of the opposing fans. (...and in the case of the Raider fans, beating them 13 straight times has lessened their desire to see their team and soil our stadium...it is fun to watch them slink out of the stadium around the 3rd quarter!!!)

15. vegasboy

vegasboy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    I was at the raider game Nov. 1st and I saw 2 fights where the participants were hooked up by SD PD and taken away.

However, it is nothing like the late 80's and 90's. Back then there were fights everywhere. Now security is noticeably beefed up and SD police is much more present then it used to be.

16. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Heh .. You should have gone to a Raider/Charger game back in the 90s. There were fights on a regular basis. It got so bad near the end of the 90s, they were organizing Raider marches through the tailgate area. And to top off the incidents, there was the infamous stabbing in the stands. An organized riot (as oxymoronic as that sounds) most of the time.

17. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

18. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,417
    It was actually the 2004 game that was my first.

The only game I went to in 2002 was the 49ers game they won in OT.

I've been to Raiders games in 2004, 2006, and 2008.

I guess my next one will be 2010.

19. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    OK. That one wasn't so bad since Raiders were starting to collapse.

20. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    It is obvious you work in a hostile environment. You deserve better. I recommend you get a lawyer...Ant? and make some money off this situation....I mean get some compensation for the torment you have been going through. Philly fans in SD? Not acceptable…this needs to be squashed! (I have relatives from Philly so I know that Philly fans never die!)

21. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    :lol: :tup: :lol: