1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Eagles Game, Hotel Recommendations?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DenverBolt, Oct 5, 2009.

1. DenverBolt

DenverBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +52
    Guys, I am coming to SD for the Philadelphia game in November. This will be my first time attending a Chargers game and my first ever triip to San Diego.

Any recommendations for where to stay, hotel recommendations, etc. Since I'll be coming in on a Thursday, I'll have time check out the city, especially the brewpubs/breweries.

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Hotel Circle (Mission Valley), Old Town, or stay anywhere downtown. Stadium is accessible by trolley from DT, OT, and MV.

3. DenverBolt

DenverBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +52
    What about the Gaslight district? I've heard a lot about that area.

4. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Expensive.

5. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    its a nice place to party, but it is downtown. Try and get something in the Mission Valley area, you can always take the trolley. Depending on how much you can spend, the Town and Country Hotel is nice, and it is very close to a trolley station.

6. DenverBolt

DenverBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +52
    Thanks for all the input. I decided to make a reservation at the downtown Marriott on Broadway. I'm looking forward to the game.

7. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    okay, I hope you enjoy your stay. Are you going to drop by the Tailgate party?

8. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    The tip in the 80's was to stay out of Logan Heights at night, don't know if it still applies.

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Good suggestion but if you want to get closer to the beach and still have access to public transportation to the stadium... Pacific Beach, Mission Beach, or Ocean Beach are great. All kinds of great pubs and breweries in those areas. Also close to Sea World and the Zoo. Plenty of public transportation to get Downtown.

10. DenverBolt

DenverBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +52
    Where is it and what do I bring?