1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Eagles-Pats Game/Ex-Bolts

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...I watched the Pats @ Eagles game last night and found it extremely entertaining for a pre-season game. Wilhelm played some and did pretty much what he's done lately...nada. Eldra Buckley, whom the Eagles snagged off our practice squad looked sharp. Quick north and south decisions, caught 6 passes and scored twice. He's another one of those tweeners in size...not sure how or why the Eagles can keep him with Westbrook, McCoy and Booker, all similar in size and skill sets.

Looks like the stinkin Pats nabbed a real steal with their 7th round pick, Kent State QB Julian Edelman. Looks like a Welker clone but faster and bigger with actual QB experience. Caught a boat load of passes, returned a punt for a TD, very impressive :unsure:

2. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

The NE's & Pitt's of the world will always be re-stocking

and you can the Bolts to that list since 2001

:tup:

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    It's a good thing that our cast offs make and play for another team. Intentionally let go or stolen, it shows we are growing in the right direction.:tup:

4. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    I'm glad Matt is gone, we have better ones now.
    Eldra looked good, hope he can make the roster.

I saw Caldwell, too I think with the Bengals, but no good.

5. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Huh? I don't get this at all. I would think the concept of a "stolen" player would never be a good thing, either?

6. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Edelman was very exciting to watch. In a system that relies on smart, versatile players, the amount to which they worked him into the first string offense was very telling. The coaching staff must see something they really like about this kid. Hopefully he'll contribute a lot to the team this year.