1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Eagles vs. Giants officiating (off topic)

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Helljumper, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Helljumper

Helljumper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +54
    I just tuned in to watch the last couple of minutes of the half and I have no idea what the refs are doing.

The Eagles have it at their own 42 yard line. McNabb drops back and throws but he's hit. It looks like an incompletion, the players on both teams think it's an incompletion, and the refs act like it's an incompletion. The refs blow the play dead. They than say it was actually a forward fumble and since nobody picked it up, they marked it at the Eagle's 32 yard line where the ball was when the refs blew the whistle.

Next play, they go to the booth to review a fairly obvious catch from Desean Jackson.

After the Eagles score a TD, they force a fumble on the ensuing kick off. They recover the ball in field goal range and are down by contact with about 3 seconds left on the clock. The refs let the clock expire without giving the Eagles a chance to kick.

I don't know how the rest of the game was being called but those last couple of minutes were pretty absurd.

2. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    They've been talking about the "incompletion" ever since it happened.

3. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    What about the Chargers / Dallas game? How many times were our WR's abused after 5 yds. and the ref's didn't throw a flag? And when they did, the play with Floyd, they called it "uncatchable". ? :icon_shrug:

4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,552
    Yeah but at least they seemed to call both teams equally. They could have hurt us a lot worse by not calling that PI on the goalline that led to the LT touchdown, and really that was damn near uncatchable.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Helljumper

Helljumper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +54
    Yeah, the refs were pretty bad in our game too.

They missed one PI on Cromartie and the crowd got pretty fired up about it and from that point on, they swallowed their whistles on a bunch of PI's on Dallas.

6. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    The Floyd PI call at the goal line was nowhere near uncatchable. Floyd got hit in the back just as he was about to leap up for the ball. The issue I have with the flag they picked up on the other PI call is that it should have been called illegal contact. The CB was riding him the whole way down the field. There was another non-call when they said the players feet got tangled, but the CB for the Cowboys tackled Floyd. When not blowing calls, one of the officials got in Gates way and prevented him from making a catch.

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,552
    Hmmmmm....:glare: I just realized I don't really care....10-3 baby!:icon_toast:

8. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Anyone else think Manning was down by contact in the end zone? I think Safety and game over there.

9. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Game over anyway after he fumbled.

Trent Cole was disqualified for throwing punches