1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Easy 2010 early season schedule, HA !!! BS !!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Chargers-Superhero, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,190
    Most likely so... Good luck until then, but not so much as the Chargers have! :lol:

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,897
    I don't see how you can be objective and not aknowledge winning 12 of the last 14 as a realistic possibility. (Note that I'm not necessarily saying it's going to happen here. I'm just countering your assertion that there's absolutely no chance)

The Chargers have yet to lose a game in December with Philip Rivers behind center.

As I've stated before I don't like to make a habit of making prognastic predictions, but you have to acknowledge that they are at least capable of finishing strong after a slow start. It's what they've been doing for a half a decade now.

3. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,897
    How is it unrealistic? They won 11 of 12 last year with no running game.

4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I would very much like 11-5, first round bye, and looking down on the rest of the AFC West

thanks

5. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304
    If the Chiefs tank, there's a snowball's chance in H-E-double hockey sticks that this guy will be around in January.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    It is very unrealistic. This team has too many weaknesses. Not the least of which is the fact that it cannot do anything in anything but perfect weather. Most teams don't play in 72 degree and sunny weather every game.

7. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,897
    For starters, the team doesn't have too many weaknesses. They have two glaring weaknesses, both of which should be able to be fixed. (Whether or not they are remains to be seen)

Secondly, they had multiple weaknesses at this point of the season last year as well. If they didn't they wouldn't have been trounced by the Steelers on their way to a 2-3 start before running the table to finish 13-3. Again, they've played this story for three years straight. To pretend it's inconceivable that they can do it this year is being naive.

thirdly, they had one bad game in bad whether. I don't see how you can draw precedent from that where it suddenly means they can never play well in bad whether.

Besides, even if you can, their remaining schedule is as such

Arizona in San Diego
    @ Oakland
    @ St Louis (Dome)
    New England in San Diego
    Tennessee in San Diego
    @Houston
    Denver in San Diego
    @Indy (Dome)
    Oakland in San Diego
    KC in San Diego
    San Fran in San Diego
    @Cincy
    @Denver

With the exception of those last two, mother nature is on their side anyways.

8. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    You're right. San Diego is clearly unstoppable.

I look forward to new excuses when you drop 5 more.

9. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,897
    Where in that post did I say San Diego is unstoppable?

I'll make it perfectly clear right now before any more games are played I am not making any predictions.

I simply think you're a bit off base to suggest that one has to be delusional to think it can (re: different from will) happen, like as though someone's predicting the Bills to win the Super Bowl or something.

The Chargers have had glaring weaknesses at this point in the season for the past three years and the past three years they managed to fix those weaknesses midseason for a strong finish. I'm forced to ask you what makes this year different from the last three. Because your favorite team is the one that stands to be hurt the most should history repeat itself?

But who knows? You might be right. As I said, I'm not making predictions and this might very well be the year they don't fix the weaknesses and suffer through mediocrity all season long. I just fail to see why someone has to be delusional to think something that's happened three years in a row now can happen again.

10. BoltWalt

BoltWalt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    All that you needed to say was Scoreboard, winning is everything.

11. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,897
    While it's true that winning is everything there's still a lot of season left be played. This leads to analyzing a team's capabilities which requires more than just blindly looking at the scoreboard.

If the first three games of the season were all that mattered we'd be in the playoffs right now and the Chiefs would have a bye.

12. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +292
    Keep it commin. Not sure if/why this thread is still going, but its going and lookin kinda must read. Not sure why Leo has to be the target, there are others that are on here actualy saying 13-3 again or 11-5 and still 2+ games up on KCs final record. Why not get on them? I can agree winning 10+ games in a row is very trick. But it hasnt seemed to be that much lately for SD. I still havent figured out how ANY team manages to rattle off up to 13 wins in a row. There are alot of factors that go into one single football game.

Bluntly and biased I will say: I see it as KC has a chance to improve on their last record. Where SD has a good chance to have another 10+ win streek.

STs as far as I have seen is the 3rd phase of football. THIRD. As in last. Since there isnt anything beyond third. It is nice to have a ST that can bring you back into a game or finish off a game score. BUT if I had to take a great O, D, OR ST and only one as most important ST would be third on the list in any case.

Again I hate to sound like a exscuse giver or straw grasper, but I have to restate again there are alot of factors that go into one particular game on any random day. Like the KC monsoon bowl/washout... It did make for a hell of a authentic NFL football experience. And tho we didnt win I had a great time at my first ever stadium experience. We didnt check out the Hall, but heard it was nice.

13. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    I agree.

14. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    I think I speak for everyone when I say, we all look forward to hearing YOUR excuses when the Chiefs miss the playoffs and finish 7-9, or 8-8. You can't win in this league without a passing game, It's a QB driven league, and the Chiefs have yet to establish that position.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    If Trent Dilfer can get a ring so can Matt Cassel.

Plus, I like the look of our team a lot better than that little band of SoCal pansies who can't compete anywhere where there is a nasty drizzle. lol.

16. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +292
    Cmon now. That wasnt this teams first ever Weather game. We as a team have done very well imo in cold/crappy even late games. And anytime that Rain is as heavy as it was that night *kickoff at 915 central* it made the game less managable. I did notice all game SD players slipping more than KC. Tells me thx to KCs first Offseason in home state weather, they were more prepared for a rainy game.

Bottom Line as soon as a game gets to the point of rain throughout you have to hold onto the Rock and limit mistakes.

Week 1 is and always will be a crapshoot for all 32 teams as far as performing like they will in week 18, granted they make the post season. This year we had FG fest and FUMBLE fest on the same opening weekend. BUSY NFL day week 1 turned out to be. The first glance at it was the MIN NO season opener score.

17. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    So according to you they play in 72 degrees weather in ALL 16 games, every year, and because of that have multiple SB rings. Chargers do win on the road in other weather conditions in past few years under Norv and Marty. Also in response to your earlier rants...who cares if the Chargers win 13 games again. It won't take 13 wins to win the AFC West, and having a first round bye (2006, 2009) always bites us in the *** anyway. I have no problem being 10-6, or 11-5 playing in the first round of the playoffs, since that is all we would need to win the west. Most likely 10 wins. That would mean 9-4 or 10-3 the rest of the season, and I could see that, ONLY if the special teams play improves. Offense and Defense is playing well enough this year (check the stats) to where the ENTIRE world (outside of Seattle and KC) clearly acknowledge we should be 3-0 and have NOT been outplayed by inferior teams in those 2 "upset" loses. As I said, who cares if the Bolts are 13-3, or 14-2, or hell....even 12-4, we don't have to do that to make it to the playoffs.

18. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    1. Trent Dilfer is WAY better than Matt F-N Cassel.

2. The Chiefs are NOT in ANY way comparable to the 2000 Ravens DEFENSE.

Get F-N real dude.

3. So I guess by your comparisons, the Seahawks, and Chiefs are the 2 best teams in the league because they beat the Chargers (one of the top teams in the league for this past half decade) in the rainy weather.

Dude, win some playoff games this decade, and some division titles, then come back and talk all the trash you want, you will have earned that right. But for now...your 3-0 in F-N September. Denver was 8-4 in 2008 then tanked the final month, and 6-0 in 2009 then went 2-8 after that. The season isn't over after September.

4. Also, Denver plays in colder weather than your team, and they have at least posted a better won-loss record than your team, so you can't cry about the weather. We have the same "home field advantage" that most every other home team has. Chiefs play better at home even when they suck year to year. It's not about the weather, every team endures it, some more than others, but that could be fixed with YOUR owner putting a F-N dome on the stadium, instead of renovating an old one. So Quit crying about warmer weather in San Diego. It doesn't help the Raiders, and 49ers, it's about who is a better team. Come back later in the season in December when things have played out more, if you have the stones.

19. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    Trent Dilfer was a game manager at best.

The KC Defense doesn't have to be like the Ravens D that year as we have more playmakers on offense.

Also, you can talk all the smack you like, but you're the only team in the division without a Lombardi trophy, so you're still the kid brother who talks a lot but has never backed it up.

20. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    LOL more excuses.

You have been outplayed. Special Teams are part of the game.

You may be the best non special teams-playing, good weather team ever. I'll give you that, but that means about as much as claiming you're the best flag football team in the league.

Maybe you should look into that? After all, you may be able to win a championship in that kind of league :)

21. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,897
    The Chiefs defense is good but it's not 2000 Baltimore Ravens good. :lol:

Furthermore, as mediocre as Dilfer was he's still 100x better than Matt Cassel.

22. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,897
    This is very true and is why Trent Dilfer is my prime example whenever someone wants to count rings when comparing quarterbacks.

That being said, Matt Cassel can only dream of the day he can become a "game manager at best".

You think Jamaal Charles is going to rush for 2000 yards like Jamal Lewis did?

I guess they do share the same first name.

The Chiefs won their Super Bowl in the 1960s.

You're like Al Bundy desperately clinging onto his high school football glory days as he sells women's shoes at the mall outlet.

23. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    The point is our issues are fixable. Its not like our run defense is getting steamrolled, or like we're one dimentional on offense.......like last year, plus we still have one of the weakest schedules going forward, including a home game vs KC in December.

Its 3 games into the season, nobody on earth believes the Chiefs are a playoff bound team, so get over yourself and get puckered for Peyton Manning to run a train on your *** tomorrow.

24. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    You're either a child or an idiot (or both). The Chiefs did not win their superbowl in the 60's. Close, but, as usual, wrong :)

25. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    They won it in 69 assshole

26. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    They are not "fixable" until they are fixed. I was told they were "fixable" after game one. Chargers fan said, "You won because of rain and special teams. Our special teams will be fixed." Then they played Seattle lol.

To be honest, the Chiefs have shown far more evidence that they have made strides to fix their offense than the Chargers have shown an ability to fix their special teams. We went out and put 31 on a niners defense that had, just the week before, looked very good against the world champions.

Also, I can say with 100% surety that Peyton Manning will not do a thing to us...tomorrow ;)

27. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    1970 champ.

Oh wait, I can't call you that :)

28. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,897
    It was the 1969 season played in January of 1970. Sue me.

My analogy still fits. Go hug your Super Bowl IV program for a game that you may or may not even be old enough to remember as the Chiefs continue on with their decades of mediocrity.

29. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    It was the 1969 season

30. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,897
    He couldn't get over the Al Bundy burn so he had to desperately cling to a technicality. :lol: