1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ed Hochuli is very frowny after the disaster in Denver

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TheBeast, Sep 17, 2008.

1. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Please close if already posted: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...-frowny-after-the-disaster-in-?urn=nfl,108018
    I don't have any remorse. :icon_evil:

Btw the comments gave me a good chuckle

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Ed manned up and said my bad. Most refs would not. He blew the call, yes. But Refs are human, and the Chargers should not have been in a position to allow that to affect the game IMO.

It is history now to me. Time to get a win!

3. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Ed Hochuli owes me 5,000 bolt bucks and I won't forgive him until he pays it back?

• Like Like x 1
  4. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
  5. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    BFD, he owes me $153,756 bolt bucks.

From KSK,

God Explains Week 2

[​IMG]

Many people scoff at the idea that God can control the outcome of sporting events, or that He even cares. But those people are wrong. God does control the games, AND He cares a great deal. Today, He explains why He let the outcomes of Week 2 in the NFL happen as they did.

I, God, allowed the Raiders of Oakland to conquer the Chiefs of Kansas City because Al Davis really wanted to fire that coach and I will do anything to get that guy upset. Why do you think I’ve allowed him to live this long? Do you know how much it hurts that guy to take a piss? My vengeance is all-powerful!

The noble Redskins of Washington were able to best the self-proclaimed “Saints” of New Sodom Orleans because thousands of Redskins fans killed themselves after last week. Sure it may not be such a loss to some of you down there, but it was like afterlife version of Art Monk and Darrell Green’s Hall of Fame induction up here.

Man, unlike Me, is fallible. This fact was exemplified on Sunday when referee Ed Hochuli’s subverted My will with an inadvertent blow of the whistle. This is not the first time I have had issues with this mortal. I made you in my image, Mr. Hochuli, do you now think you are better than me with your muscles of the damned? I banish thee to Hell! Not literally of course. I’ll just see to it that you are assigned to games in Baltimore for the rest of eternity!

The Seahawks of Seattle lost to the wicked gays of San Francisco, but this was My will. In fact, I will continue to cause loss after loss for the Seahawks in an effort to finally teach Mike Holmgren a lesson before he retires. Thou shalt not worship at the altar of another god, even if he is Bill Walsh.

I contemplated allowing the Falcons of Atlanta win another game, if for no other reason than to confuse the crap out of you mortals. But then I went to one of those Home Depot places, and suddenly I’m not feeling so generous towards Arthur Blank. Good Me that place is frustrating. I’m all-seeing and all-knowing and I couldn’t find ****! All I wanted was one ****ing shelf and I was there for eight hours! Mr. Blank, you know not the evil you have wrought on humanity.

Finally, the Colts of Indianapolis were able to get past the Vikings of Minnesota because that lumpy bag of cocks Drew Magary thinks he’s some kind of big deal. It was in everyone’s best interest to bring him down another notch. If he keeps acting this way I might have to make his family walk out on him. Hell, maybe I’ll make him my new Job.

That is all, be sure to tip your Angels and remember, let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

/chucks rock at Brady Quinn

6. montanabolthead

montanabolthead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +30
    As we used to say: Gut it up and go. Time to stop crying, time to kick some Jets' butts off the turf at the Murph and out of San Diego!

7. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    He owes me 10k

:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

8. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    maybe he made that much in a real bet!

9. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    SOB owes me 10K too, but i'll settle for him being stripped naked and drug through cactus.:icon_evil:

10. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Everyone who gives a flying crap how HACKuli feels raise your hand right now......

11. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    I know this is :deadhorse: and/or :deadhorse2:, but I found this on ESPN Page 2 last night and I couldnt resist:

[​IMG]
    Funny, he doesnt look frowny.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    He should resign. :icon_evil:

13. twilight15

twilight15 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    you guys... Maybe it's just my feelings but, the guy blew the call. He lost the game for us. I KNOW!! I was steaming and ranting all over the place, but now it's kind of getting old. I know it's what cost us the game, but that's not all. Our defense shouldn't have allowed them 31 points, and then a touchdown after the **** call, and then the two point conversion.
    So yes, they wouldn't have won if he made the right ****ing call, BUT WE SHOULDN"T HAVE ALLOWED OURSELVES TO BE IN THAT SITUATION IN THE FIRST PLACE!!

So people, stop, please. We're facing the Jets, and that's what is ahead of us. hopefully we can patch up what is wrong with our team and kill every other team we play.
    The jets is who we should focus on...not the past..

14. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Wow.

I sent an email to Eddie-Muscles after I heard he was getting hate mail. It wasn't a nasty email, because I just think that's lame. But a supportive one, as we all make mistakes and really it's the NFL rules that kept him from correcting his mistake. Anyway... Owning up to an error is uncommon for a ref and no one deserves to have their personal contact info announced over the radio for the masses like that IMO.

I know people were saying he was using a stock message, but he wrote a completely different email response to me that was obviously personally done. Eventhough in my email, I said no response was needed. I can't even begin to imagine how many emails he has had to send off, even if he's using a "template" for most of them that's still a lot of work. He's not even using an auto-response. That says it all for me - it's water under the bridge - time to go get the Jets and move on :abq1:

15. dmercado70

dmercado70 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    lock all threads in this regard !!! :tup:

i am so fired up for this seasone now more than ever ...

============================================================
    the earth will quake as the heavens reign above the charger blue skies !!!

16. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Honestly, the stupid NFL rules pissed me off more than Hochuli's blown call. Tony Kornheiser stated that someone from the NFL office should have phoned down to the field and just made them reverse the call. He went on to say that the NFL owed the Chargers this game. I'd be curious about what Ed Hochuli wrote you? Did he concur about the rules being too black and white, which prevented him from correcting his mistake?

17. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I wrote him a quick note, and let him know while I appreciated his remorse for the mistake, that I hoped he wouldn't hang on to it for too long. That we're all human, we all make mistakes and the best we can do is learn from it and move on. This was his response:

Thank you so much for writing. I really appreciate the kind words of support. It was very nice of you to have taken the time to write me. I will learn from this mistake and move on, but this one will live with me for a long, long time.

Thank you,

Ed Hochuli

18. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...From Don Banks, SI.com writer, below. You can see how crippling the NFL's inability to correct this horrific error was. The NFL and League official's vice president Mike Pereira basically threw Hochuli under the bus because their stupid rules never allowed Hochuli to do the RIGHT thing. For any Donko fans reading...think this was still just a casual boo boo made by a human being? The league KNOWS IT PHUCKED UP!

<<<"As obviously wrong as Hochuli got the call, and as damaging as it was to San Diego, which would have won the game without his mistake, I wasn't the only one surprised by the NFL's decision to let one of its best referees to very publicly twist in the wind this week.
    First, there was NFL spokesman Greg Aiello on Monday saying: "Officials are held accountable for their calls. They are graded on every play of the game. Ed has been an outstanding official for many years, but he will be marked down for this call. Under our evaluation system, an official's grades impact his status for potentially working the playoffs and ultimately whether or not he is retained.''

Wow. A not-so-backhanded mention of termination dropped into that rebuke. That was followed by NFL vice president of officiating Mike Pereira on Wednesday, who didn't quite come across as sympathetic when he said: "I've tried to be as supportive as I can be (to Hochuli), but he's devastated, as he should be....We've talked probably seven or eight times since that game and my whole goal is to try to get him back on the horse and work again this weekend. He's too good of a guy, too good of an official to keep off the field over this critical mistake he made. I think he'll be all right, but he's really been affected over this mistake he made.''

And did we mention Hochuli made the mistake? The league didn't add that last zinger, but it might as well have. People within the NFL that I talked to were surprised at just how far the league went to publicly flog Hochuli, one of its most respected referees. The reasoning? Probably making sure that the Chargers and their fans got a little salve for their wounds, given how blatantly wrong the call was, and how bad it looked for the league to not be able to rightfully award the ball to San Diego in that situation.">>>

19. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    The fact of the matter is that he chose the outcome of the game. In my mind, that is not forgivable .. especially in a division match up that might have consequences down the line.. Besides, this is supposed to be best REF in the game. These things aren't supposed to happen.

And let's not forget the phantom holding call on Chambers that caused a large run back .. and the phantom interception that shouldn't have been called as well. This was a bad call that rounded out a bad day of officiating.

Personally, I think the guy should take a few weeks off and get his mind right. If he indeed this devastated as is indicated in this article, then I have some serious questions if should even be officiating next week.

20. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Maybe the league is feeling the wrath of AJ.. :icon_shrug:

21. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    the nfl and officiating at the donk game screwed up big time twice in the donks game to hand the game to the donks. If the nfl were an honest business the nfl should call the game unfair and call it a draw. But the nfl seems to think us fans are idiots that don't care about rules so they think they'll get away with it.

22. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    they WILL get away with it, we'll still watch the games, and this will be forgotten soon

23. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    The problem is us fans have no say in the matter. This is so much like the money problem in the usa going on now. The ashwipe big boys make the rules and change the rules when need be to get what they want. In both cases the rich people that run the game are walking away with all the money and what they want out of it.

My guess is spanos must be on the outside of the nfl. The donks and pats and titans seem to be on the inside of the hierarchy of the nfl for a while now.

Something ain't right going on with the nfl for a while now. Could be the betting people have corrupted it.

24. o-line protagonist

o-line protagonist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    I don't by that. It has **** to do with that. Hercules made a bad call...that is all. Hercules may be a roid freak which makes it aptly appropriate that he blew the "call (s)" to begin with.

In the end game...we lost.

25. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    He's a lawyer remember that......they go to the highest bidder...I hate lawyers and he probably owns an insurance company also along with a nursing home. :tdown:

PS He should be frowny.....If he is so good how could he make such a FUBAR call. I still think the replay being down is suspect also!!!!!!!!!

26. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Oh...that's not right....might I suggest broken glass or concertina wire instead?

Never mind the Bolt Cash...that slug owes me a win!!!!!!!