1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ed Hochuli

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MasterOfPuppets, May 9, 2009.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +667
    link

Can't really stay mad at the guy, he f'd up but admited it like a man

2. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    The one aspect of the call was that even if it slipped out of his hand when his arm was going forward, the ball landed behind him, which should have made it a backwards pass and a live ball.

The silver lining from that call was it allowed us to make the Broncos look horrible on a national stage with great importance at the end of the season.

3. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Every time I see the replay, I still get pissed. :yes:

4. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +1,019
    I'm with you, I'm over it. We ALL screw up on occasion, we're just lucky that our mistakes aren't magnified by being on national TV.

He blew it, he owned it, he apologized. Last season is over, time to move on.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SecretAsianMan

SecretAsianMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45
    The man has been pretty forward about how he screwed up pretty much since a day after that game. He's admitted his mistake and it cost him referee spots in the playoffs and the Superbowl. Also taking into account of how much grief he's gotten I think he's gotten punishment enough.

I'm personally think the man's suffered enough and Chargers fans should all move on. I pretty much moved on after the Chargers spanked the Donks on the 16th week of last season and made it into the playoffs in spite of the bad call.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    that pretty much sums it up for me as well

7. Golfboy

Golfboy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Me too, but I'm still gong to boo him. :tounge:

• Like Like x 1
  8. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    there was a series of "mistakes". if it was just the last call or just the chambers pick or just any one of the other dumb calls i would be with you guys.

he also messed up a falcons game pretty bad too (against carolina i think)

the guy should be applying for arena football with vick.

9. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud, former San Diego Charger fan.

Ratings:
    +441
    I can just about guarantee that if Hochuli gets a Charger home game this season the boos from the crowd will be the loudest since Eli Manning came to town!

Go Chargers!!!
    :abq2::flag::abq2:

• Like Like x 1
  10. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    We have Ed Hochuli to THANK (in part) for the recent shenanigans up in Denver. :icon_party:

I love the man.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BlazingBolt

BlazingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +36
    Actually it caused him a bad grade for that game. He was still in the playoffs. I was it reported that him and his crew ended up as the highest rated crew for the season (although that is not confirmed). No he didn't do the Superbowl but so what.

I am not out on him either. He epically fudged up though and deserves to be booed forever by the Chargers faithful but I still think he is a pretty good official with integrity. But if I am at a game and he is the head official I will give it to him when they put his mug up on the jumbotron for sure- that's our duty as fans. Just because I don't hate the guy doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be booed for that call.

12. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,817
    Yeah they will :lol:

I love how we boo louder than any other fans when there's a bad call made now too hehehe I think it was a primetime game when Al and Madden were trying to talk over the booing and it seemed to go on forever :tup:

They wanna throw a bunch of yellow hankies for bs reasons in our house? Let's make 'em pay :icon_twisted:

Who was the ref who tossed Dielman last year? I'd much rather give him some tough love than Eddie Muscles - at least Eddie is man enough to admit he made a mistake. That I can forgive.

13. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264
    Garth DeFelice was the Ump to eject Dielman last year. Same guy who did:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    If you lived through the Holy Roller, this too shall pass.

Oh and you do not get over it until you freaking die or win the Super Bowl. :bolt:

The gorilla is getting old.

• Like Like x 1
  15. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    You are getting old Trumpey!!! :lol:

Just kidding man. I'm an oldie myself and yes, I agree with you. As Charger fans we've survived SO many heartbreaking games and calls in the past. We will survive and did survive this one too. Hell, we made the playoffs and beat the Colts! So yeah, we shall overcome, we always do.....

16. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    As far as I am concerned; Hochuli screwed up bad really bad that game but even still he didn't give the broncos the points they needed to win that game. We had the chance to not only stop the Broncos from getting in but running the same play for the two point conversion; he caused that too? Yeah right we got punked all game by stupid royal and marshall.

We played like little fags and lost; he made a mistake and didn't *****foot about it; the man took accountability for his terrible call and is one of the most fair and intelligent refs the NFL has.

I won't be booing him I will be booing our pass defense if it sucks as much as it did last year.

:bolt: