1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Edwards Sounds Off

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,827
    Written by Marty Caswell

With all the speculation surrounding Donnie Edwards and his status with the Chargers, it didn't take much time for the 11-year NFL veteran and San Diego native to cut straight to the chase on his injury and future with the team.

Asked why he chose to break his self-imposed silence to the media, Edwards responded that he's had it with the mistruths and rumors as to whether his injury is just another ploy in th alleged struggle between his agent, Tom Condon, and Chargers general mananager, A.J. Smith.

"This is not about A.J., it's not about anything like that. There's been a lot said about me that's flat-out untrue and I've just got to respond to some of that."

"A lot of people have been questioning my back injury and I'm not one to always talk about injuries but the Chargers' doctors and the training staff know exactly what my injury is. I'm not one to pretend at all. Like I've said before, I whole- heartedly am going to go out there and do my job when I'm able to do that."

Edwards was criticized by Smith in an interview given to Kevin Acee of the Union Tribune, where the Chargers GM accused Edwards of using the media to play games and suggesting that he just keep his mouth shut.
    "I didn't come out in the paper or the radio talking about, 'hey guess what, I got my knee drained, got my knee shot up today so I can play this game.' It was 10 games last season that I was getting my knee drained or injected just so I could go out there and play but I didn't tell everybody about it. I just went out there and did my job which is what I normally always do."

Edwards bristled at the suggestion that the back injury and his return to the playing field is part of the alleged power struggle between AJ Smith and his agent Tom Condon.

http://www.xxsportsradio.com/content/view/250/4/
    Click the link for the full article.

2. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Marty still owes Trumpie some sandwiches.

:icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  3. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    He does seem to whine a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  4. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,508
    I love it when people start out with, "I didn't tell everybody how I did..." Well guess what Frau Edwards, you just did. You want credit for not whining about something 8 months ago that you are whining about shut the puck up and go create some turnovers because that's the onnly thing your scrawny azz is good for. Don't make Trumpy get out his pimp hand. :trout:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Donna is a fuggin idiot. How conveniently she forgets the biitching to the Marines ..... the rest is history.

I hope she goes to the ProBowl and then we do not offer her **** which makes two losers in two years we have gotten rid of (Brees and Edwards). Fuc him. :tdown:

6. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    He bad mouthed the organization. :tdown:

Donnie Edwards = Jason Ball :icon_eek:

7. vachargerfan

vachargerfan New Member

Ratings:
    +134
    STFU already Debbie

8. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    For trade bait. Just like Drew Brees.

The only reason both stayed is because nobody else thought they were worth a fuc. :yes:

9. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    'Scuse me ....... after reading that article, I need to put my tall boots on ....

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    F*CK Donna already

I wish AJ would just take anything for him. I am so sick of him. I haven't HATED a Charger and wanted to see him shipped out like yesterday's garbage this much since Boston.

WOrst thing, I used to love Donnie. I thought his story was so cool, hometown boy living out his childhood dream of playing for the team he loved growning up. Now I see HE DOESN'T DESERVE THE HONOR anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126

Where's my shovel?

12. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I'm in the same boat you are.

I was a staunch Donnie supporter in 2004 and part of 2005. I went to the same high school he did (although about 4 years earlier), and met him a few times after he played in Chula Vista.

Now, I just want him to either shut up and play or be traded. Mostly, be traded.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    AJ was heard saying "you're fah-king killing me" when he walked into the deli closest Chargers Park.

The reason ?

There was a signed Drew Brees "Saints" jersey and a "Donnie Edwards" jersey as the only jerseys hanging on the wall. :yes:

14. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I knew you were the enemy. :lol:

I went to Hilltop.

15. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
  16. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Wasn't that from 2004?

Leber is faster than Donnie even then. Donnie can say it was his injury, but he lost a step sometime in 2004 and we didn't notice, but it was apparent from the beginning of 2005.

17. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I think I know which deli that is. I used to eat there all the time when I worked at Murphy Canyon Road just down the road from Charger Park.

There are actually two, but one of them, I also saw Marty himself go into, back in 2002, when he was first hired by Spanos.

18. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    :D

Most of my family went to CVHS at one time or the other. My father, an uncle, and several cousins as well as me.

19. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    God, why the hell havent we traded his sorry *** already??????????

20. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +674
    AJ wants a 3rd and no one is willing to give it to him.

The bolts will most likely get a 3rd/4th comp pick if he leaves via FA, so there is no incentive for him to give up Edwards for anything less.

I just wish Edwards would STFU.

21. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,827
    Hey L, stop abusing my salmon salute!:icon_evil:

22. The Admiral

The Admiral BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    With Foley getting cap'd i dont see Edwards leaving now....which is a bummer !

AJ should have taken the 4th rounder from the sAints, But i fear that ship has sailed..

Ive lost all confidence in Donald and would much preffer to see Wilhelm or Dobbins starting in his place

23. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    We had some stats dude from the NFL stop by the tailgater and tell us that story....too funny....says A.J. curses like a drunken sailor....

24. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Say Donnie plays lights out and someone offers a 3rd round pick by the WEEK 6 trading deadline....I could root for that !!! :yes:

25. The Admiral

The Admiral BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    Before he was your boy blue
    [​IMG]

Donald was down for the red.....
    [​IMG]

and now he wants to play w/Huey Duey and Luey
    [​IMG]

:bolt: Dude needs to go !

26. The Admiral