1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Eff The Chargers!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    http://boltbeat.com/2015/10/25/65983/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

This team is poorly managed, poorly coached, has no fan support, is injured, has made awful decisions in the draft, questionable free agency moves, let good players walk out the door & not replaced them, refuses to admit that their game plan isn’t working & don’t adjust, and the culmination is that really bad teams are now beating the pants off of us, along with the good teams.

There will be no playoffs. In fact, they will probably keep winning, and end up 7-9, and not get a good draft pick because of it. Not that it matters, because I have absolutely no confidence that Tom telesco could hit the blind side of a barn with his draft picks. Even if he is being handcuffed by ownership, the fact that he can’t get his coaching staff under control is embarrassing.

I’ve been watching other teams get better. I’ve been watching other teams make basic & smart decisions. I’ve been watching other teams hold their coaching staff accountable. Shoot, even Chicago got rid of Tressman. McCoy is just as bad. He needs to go. He needs to spend time with his family. He looks overmatched, and exhausted. Pagano continues to look like some uncle who the team appointed to give him something to do. Reich looks COMPLETELY out of his league. I would take whoever is calling plays for the Titans right now over him…. Oh, wait… we already let that guy go.

You made too many conservative decisions. You made this team even softer than when Norv & AJ were here. You let Norv beat you up, and traded away a decent lineman to them in a game you ended up needing lineman to win, but lost to them. You keep Donald Brown on the roster, but let Mike Ola get scooped up off the practice squad! You let Lissemore be your starter, and make no move to draft a defensive lineman until the latter rounds, and he is on IR.

All of this in light of the fact that you have ZERO run defense. You draft small corners & safeties who get burnt, or are constantly on the bench. You draft first round right tackles & running backs, and 3rd round guards, but make them centers. You give away TONS of pics to draft guys that are basically underperforming, or just OK.

Nobody understands your madness. Nobody gets why you can’t see what we see. You just keep on wasting everyone’s time, and making god awful decisions, while taking home huge paychecks. Meanwhile, we get to watch teams like the Raiders & Vikings making fools of you, with less talent.

Fix it! Or, just resign already. This should make you feel horrible. It makes us feel horrible. In fact, I’m not going to feel horrible anymore. I’m just going to keep running the open threads, and writing these deflated reviews to document how disgracefully this team is, and has been managed. Thanks guys! Kudos to the players…. Except for Flowers… again!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Hmmm.... There might, just might.... be some angst in San Diego...

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    Gotta admit, I did kinda laugh at the Uncle Pagano part.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Conc do you think the Chargers would have an easy or a hard time moving the team up to LA if it was winning games? In the last 20 home games, how many times has there been more Charger fans that the visiting team's fan's up in the stands?

This just plays into the "look the city of San Diego does not support this team".

5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I guess it depends. We could guess that if they were successful the City might be willing to build a stadium. Maybe not. The city really cant afford a stadium.

The Chargers have not had a home field advantage often in recent memories.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Go st louis chargers!

7. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    ^^^
    Just the tip of the iceberg.

8. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Spanos doesn't give a **** if opposing fans fill the stadium, he sells a huge number of season tickets to brokers. Who do brokers sell to? Opposing fans for the most part.

I sell half of my tickets because I got tired of driving down for every game. I am usually looking at 5+ hours in the truck, more time fighting traffic in and out, and $50 in gas money. Most of the time I sell to my friends, some are Chargers fans, some are fans of the opponents. Every now and then I put mine on eBay when I know I can make bank. If that makes me an assh*le, so be it. Dean Spanos doesn't give the tickets to me for free, and he doesn't reimburse me for driving time and gas. NOTE: I am hoping to buy a condo down there after the beginning of the year, and if the team stays I'll probably be there for most games if I know I can make a weekend of it.

BUT, I believe that if the team REALLY wanted to, they could seriously decrease the number of opposing fans. Winning of course helps everything, but what if your season ticket looked like a credit card that contained your entry for all 10 games? You couldn't sell them to people you don't know because you might not get it back. Obviously there would have to be some provisions for the occasional "I can't make it" games, but if they sold season tickets at a reduced rate to people who wanted to go to all off the games, more people would probably jump on at that lower price, and non-tranferrable tickets means the ticket holder attends the games. I know there would be way more to it, but just throwing out a concept.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,158
    If you do, Savage...I'd like to be the first guy to buy you a beer.
    I'm not the friendliest guy, and don't care for humans all that much...
    but I've liked about 85% of your posts over the years...
    which is probably about 50 points higher than anyone else. :roflmao:

Screen Shot 2015-10-26 at 4.31.17 PM.png

• Like Like x 1
  10. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Thanks!

It's pretty certain, just a matter of when. Still live in Big Bear, but spend a fair amount of time in San Diego too.

11. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    I just heard from some friends in the business that a lot of people from Chi Town are buying plane tickets and planning on a great weekend getaway trip that includes an out-of -town home game in sunny San Diego!

12. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    But will the NFL let a sub par team move to LA to fail there also.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Heck Nooooozzzz! These slick mofos are going to work this to the umpteenth degree till they get a publicly funded stadium in DT 'Diego and also get the NFL (Stan Kronke specifically) pay them a ransom for their ghostly 25% LA fanbase and their contaminated piece of landfill in Carson!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Only a few more months before I can root for the Seahawks. Gonna be strange, but I'll get over it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    The NFL wants the Rams or the Raiders alone in LA, there is absolutely no benefit to moving this dog **** franchise to dog **** Carson so they can play dog **** football in front of dog **** attendance.

16. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    I see that you are coming along really well in the mental preparation phase of your switching over :D

17. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Not even the Raidaaars! Let's face it, their diehard supporters in LA are either the East LA cholos or the Mongol bikies, etc. Even the clean cut supporters have to show up in Sundays Halloween costumes to blend in!

Only the Rams for LA where they can attract all those really wealthy upper echelon types from UCLA & USC alums!

18. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    ^^^ Don't forget those snobs that attended Pepperdine and Cal State Fullerton...

19. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Since when has CSF become a place of higher education?! :eek:

20. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I'm just trying to sound tough. I'm sure I'll weep harder than Chaincrusher on draft day when this team leaves.

21. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Well when was the last time a winning team moved?

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +306
    No weeping, just anger that our GM is an idiot that couldn't, as the article's author said, hit the side of a barn with his draft picks.

What's worse than drafting ineffective players? Trading up and giving away more picks to do it.

23. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,158
    Are you saying that Telesco has done a sub-par job so far?

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    *scratches head...*
    Ok... You need to complete a check list for this one...

Have you been, or are you currently:
    ___ Hiding in the back country of Yellow Stone recently
    ___ Trolling ChainCrusher
    ___ Encouraging a 20 page rebuttal
    ___ Keeping CC on your super secret mental ignore list
    ___ Just not paying attention
    ___ Unable to read posts due to tears from being called "Lancey Boo" or "Lancy"
    ___ Uninterested in filling out checklists

Inquiring Minds Want to Know....

25. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +306
    Yes.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    I never thought that you had it in you. I'm floored by your concise and succinct response. Tip of the hat Sir.

27. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    He had the position right, #2...

28. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I won't just say Pfuck the Bolts, until after most the old timers are gone the I still enjoy watching then they just become another team. I would support any new team that decides to move into the Dego area even if it was the Raiders. Otherwise, I just try to find a team closer to home like maybe the Panthers, 'cept I hate the NFC as the are still the original NFL to me.

29. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Colts

30. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,158
    Colts --> Six straight losing seasons 1978-1983 Moved in '84

• Like Like x 1