1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Eli does not suck!!! Part 2

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by WonderSlug, Nov 26, 2007.

1. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I'm starting this because the original thread was closed.

Eli is a great QB and is much, much, better than Rivers ever will be.

Elisha had another 3+ INT game. That's his 4th game in about 50 with 3 or more INT since starting in the NFL. Yeah, he's a winner alright. Great home record too. 14-13 mark since 2004 for a 52% home winning percentage. Nice. That deserves a brand new $80 million contract from the Giants at the end of the season.

Aren't great QBs supposed to win at home, especially not have a losing home record each season, and not have 3 INT games?

I'm trying to remember the last time Rivers had 3 INT in an NFL game. It will probably take a very long time too, because he's NEVER done that. Not once in 28 games starting has he done that. Also, 13-2 at home in just over 1.5 seasons of starting for a home winning percentage of over 86%. Throw in a Pro Bowl appearance.

Oh, and guess what, with today's performance, Elisha has surpassed Rivers in the turnover department. Elisha has 15 INT and 3 lost fumbles, for 18 turnovers.

But, hey, let's forget all that and boo Rivers and talk about benching him, because he's obviously not a winning QB.

Elisha seems to suffer mentally somewhat from being the little brother. If you look at some of his worst performances, they are often in front of his big brother, who was watching up in the luxury boxes. It's like he tries extra hard to impress Peyton, showing that he can be just as good as him, and ends up flopping on his face. Elisha trying to live up to the Manning name. Happened yesterday with 4 INT and 0 TD. Happened two years ago in the first round of the playoffs when Eli threw 3 INT (several of them to some safety named Marlon McCree) and 0 TD to get shutout.

Rivers doesn't have a big brother to impress so he doesn't suffer from that. However, Jim Trotter said it best last night on the "Football Night in San Diego" TV show right after the Pats-Eagles SNF game. The program is pretty much local to San Diego so people outside San Diego County don't get it.

Anyway, Trotter said that Rivers still needs time to get "exposed" to all the defensive wrinkles that various DCs in the NFL have up their sleeves in terms of coverages, blitzes, and stunts, and to learn how to handle them properly.

It's one thing to sit on the sidelines and in the game film room for two seasons studying defenses, and another to actually play against them, applying what you studied in the real world.

Notice how Rivers handled the Ravens coverages, pressure, blitzes, and stunts much more effectively this time than last year's game? 3rd game starting versus 28th game starting. Dramatic improvement.

2006 vs Ravens: 13 of 22 (59%), 145 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 sack.

2007 vs Ravens: 25 of 35 (71%), 249 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 0 sack.

But yeah, Eli's better, always will be, and Rivers is just some scrub for the fans to boo and wish that Volek or Whitehurst was in there instead.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I vote we move on and let Eli go.

3. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    How about the fans move on and stop booing Rivers and calling for him to be benched?

He's the starting QB. Period. Will be for at least the next 5 games, and will be for all 16 games next season.

4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    nah, I will always be happy when Eli fails :tdown:

5. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Me too. :yes:

"DUH! Are you single? DUH!"

[​IMG]

6. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    ...and ELI GETS MUCH HOTTER CHICKS THAN PHILIP!!!

[​IMG]

BOO RIVERS!!!! :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  7. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Man LMFAO. That is hilarious!!! :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

8. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    Me too!

That whiny little punk insulted our entire franchise, and he deserves every bit of this cosmic karma that he is currently receiving, and we are justified to revel in the schadenfreude that his very public come uppances provide. :icon_rofl:

9. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    giants are 7-4 GL2A

10. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nickelbolt again.

11. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    They are in the midst of their typical second half of the season swoon.

12. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    Agreed...

And our record would be a little better if we got to play the Jets, Falcons, Niners, & Dolphins in consecutive weeks like the Gnats did, but after beating up on a bunch of cream puffs, now they're getting exposed for the frauds that they truly are.

13. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    F**K Eli !! Why is there threads about Eli??? That draft day occured 4 years ago!!! Who gives a Flying F**k about the Giants, or Eli:icon_shrug:

The Giants would be better off trading for Derek Anderson in the offseason, and saving some money against the cap anyway.

Let me say this again, why is there threads about Eli, after 4 years???:icon_huh:

14. KNSD

KNSD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Because we Charger fans have long memories...

15. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    I am in the "WANTS ELI TO FAIL" camp.

Little punk *** daddy's boy. He deserves every karmic kick in the balls he can get.

I can only speak to myself, but I talk about him because I'm enjoying watching the train wreck and have to share my joy with someone.

16. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    A career backup if ever I saw one.

17. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

he never apologized to the fans of SD

put him in the same boat as cryin Ryan and torpedo that bastard!!!

:tdown::tdown::tdown:

18. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Eli sucks now
    Eli will suck in the future
    Eli will suck for all time

and I'll never like him or say a nice thing about him.

19. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Damn Straight wrbanwal!!!!

20. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    I can never forgive him for the figurative finger he gave this team and us as fans.

21. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Eli still sucks!

22. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    When do we play the gaints again? Next year? Or do we have to wait another two seasons?

I can't wait for Merrimen to rip his head off. Last time the two met Merrimen hadn't come into his own yet.

23. David110

David110 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    I'm over the Eli thing. After the Bolts pounded him a couple years ago, I think the messege was served. It's time to move on.

24. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    :D :D :D :D :D :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

25. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    F*** that!! Archie & Eli can both rot in hell, IMO! They both showed the ultimate disrespect for the Chargers' organization & any time I get the opportunity to talk smack about them, I'll jump at the chance. I mean, I still consider Elway to be a biotch for the way that he treated the Colts, so I sure ain't gonna let Eli slide. :icon_finger:

They're BOTH punk-a$$ biotches in my book. The difference is that Elway could play football.

LMAO at last Sunday's Minn-NYG game. Tiki knew what was up. :yes:

26. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Living well is the best revenge. We have Rivers and they have Sheli. PR still has plenty of upside and the younger Manning will forever be no better than a back up once the Giants get tired of carrying with worthless ***.

27. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    Agreed, and when that happens, I would bet that Archie will arrange for his youngest offspring to go to New Orleans, where he will be loved no matter what how bad he plays.

28. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Eli who:icon_shrug::icon_huh:

29. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yeah - just had to have a little Sheli rant there. Feels good every so often to smack him around a little. :icon_twisted: