1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Eli Manning fires back at Tiki Barber's SNF comments

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by WonderSlug, Aug 21, 2007.

1. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d801a3260&template=without-video&confirm=true

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I saw a clip of ELi and his comments and he looked about as fired up as a turtle on valium.

Eli is a ****ing **** leader and finally someone called him out. Tiki probably retired because he knew Eli wasn't taking the Giants anywhere and he probably didn't want to go to another team just to have a chance to win.

Oh, and what are Eli's teammates gonna say? "Fuk yeah, Tiki is right, Eli sucks!" ??? Please, they're gonna back their man, just like tha Falcons are sitting there telling the work how much they love VIck. What do we expect? The truth? :lol:

3. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I'd rather have one Tiki on my team than 3 Eli Mannings.

4. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Yep.

Eli = ****

5. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    I don't know if you can say that Eli Manning "fires back" at anything.

Perhaps a better title would be, "Eli Manning throws a wobbly duck back at Tiki Barber's SNF comments".

6. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I am so sick of people going on about how Eli is under a "microscope" because of the Manning name, or playing in New York.

This is the NFL; there’s pressure on ANY starting QB in this league. How about Philip Rivers replacing a very productive and popular Drew Brees, with zero starts under his belt?

Give me a break.

7. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Other examples:

Leinart starting last year, especially versus the Bears on MNF.

Matt Schaub as "the Guy" in Houston.

Brady Quinn be will starting in Cleveland by October.

Daunte Culpepper trying to show he's still got it in Oakland.

Donovan McNabb showing he's rebounded from that knee injury.

8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I know that Eli is universally hated in Chargerville warranted or not, but he is the one living through this situation and I'll tell you this. I sure as hell wouldn't mind cashing his checks into my bank account. :bolt: :icon_toast:

9. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    That's flipping hilarious!:icon_rofl:

Eli is going to lead the Giants alright, right off the cliff. The over/under is at 8, take the under.

10. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I wouldn't mind David Carr's life though. :yes:

Yes, he got shellshocked for years in Houston, but still, he's got tens of millions in the bank and a superhot wife. Now he can just be the #2 QB behind Delhomme in Carolina and sit back for a little while as his bankroll accrues interest. :flag:

11. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Eli is going to be even worse without Tiki. NYGiants signature plays are HB screens and the playaction pass.

12. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887

That's what I'm talking about, making the show and going home with a boatload of dough.:bolt: :icon_banana:

13. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    The bottom line is that Eli is a turd. Everyone can see it but most cannot admit it. We dodged a massive bullet when this asshat decided he didn't want to play here, because if he had said yes, we'd be the ones suffering from his lack of leadership/fire/drive to win.

And I agree, w/out Tiki, he's REALLY gonna suffer now.

14. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
  15. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Any brother than get himself married to a fine woman like this gets my respect. :yes: :tup:

[​IMG]
    Tiki Barber with brother Ronde ......... Tiki Barber and wife Ginny Barber

16. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Eli, unlike his older brother, has no clue about how to fire back at someone. Remember how Peyton blasted back at his "idiot kicker" who got "liquored up" and said some stupid shiit about him??? Yeah, Eli... that's called having a backbone. Apparently, there was no backbone content in the load that created you.

17. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    "I don't have any problems with Eli's leadership and the way he does it," O'Hara said. "He's doing it his way. I think players appreciate that. It's a shame everybody wants Eli to be somebody they think he should be instead of just letting him be himself."

O'Hara noted that Manning might be under the microscope more than most young quarterbacks because he is the brother of Peyton Manning.

"For me, you can be Johnny Rah-Rah, but if you're not doing your job, if you're not pulling your weight, it doesn't matter what you say," O'Hara said. "Being loud, that doesn't make you a great leader."

Does O'Hara even buy this? My god in heaven, Tiki was a proper leader and he was definitely no 'johnny rah-rah'. All Tiki did was go out, play really well (no LT but he was a damn fine RB) and lead by (until that last year) not screaming at his teammates in the media.

Eli has four major disadvantages -
    1. He has not UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES carried his weight or played with any consistency or fire.
    2. He is under the microscope IN PART because of his brother but more then anything else because the Giants gave up Kaeding, Rivers, Merriman and Oben to get this jackass.
    3. He is milktoast and incapable of firing up teams. Hell look at his brother, I'm not a huge fan but he's the perfect example of a fiery competitor. Down 6 pts with 2 minutes in the fourth, I can't see Eli providing any spark or drive.
    4. He's in the biggest media market in the world where he WANTED to go and whined his way to it.

Eli dug himself a big big hole from the start and he just keeps burying himself comment by interception

18. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Not entertainment - if they are going to have their little girly fights in the media they should do it in the mud and charge admission. (Nobody would go but they should....)

• Like Like x 1
  19. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Sorry, but I'm not paying to see these two in bikinis and mud wrestling. :lol:

20. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Sluggo, that's your type of girl, eh?

21. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851

You mean, a pretty one? Yeah.

22. IgorUnchained

IgorUnchained BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10

I dont like Peyton...but I have alot of respect for his game. In that situation, with Vanderjagt-off, I thought he handled himself VERY WELL. Not only was it funny, but it was true. Time has proven it even more true....classic NFL moment.

Tiki is a bad teammate for saying what he said....I really feel that way. Calling out ex teammates and your old coach isnt the coolest thing to do. That said, Tiki is right in all of those arguments. Eli does suck and he isnt a leader. Coughlin did more to piss off his veterans than just about any coach in my NFL lifetime. Not a smart move. Pissing off the veterans not only diminishes morale, it takes that many more coaches out of the lockerroom.
    As much of a bad move as it was for Tiki to run his mouth, it came as result of actual questions posed to him.
    If Eli wants to prove Tiki wrong, he is going to have to do it on the field. He obviously doesnt have it upstairs to beat Tiki in the media.
    [​IMG]

23. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Mtl, is this your type of girl?

[​IMG]

Dennis has a trophy wife but apparently it wasn't first place.

:icon_tease:

Back to the topic, it's going to be fun watching Eli getting fried in the press this year.

24. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    She has a tongue stud :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: She can be my first lady anyday :icon_twisted:

25. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Cutler in Denver

Romo in Dallas

Brees taking over in N'orleans

Volek taking over the game against Arizona

26. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    Amazing AJ liked Eli better than Rivers...what was he thinking?

27. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Yes let's bring back MORTY

28. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    :icon_rofl:

29. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Wait - did Marty want Gallery over Rivers at first? I'd've sworn I heard that somewhere.

If that's not the case and Marty wanted Rivers first and foremost then I withdraw my previous statement

30. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Do we honestly know for sure that Rivers wasn't the qb AJ desired all along?

And Marty had a hardon for PR afte he coached him in the senior bowl.

• Like Like x 1