1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Eli Young Band Butchers the National Anthem

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by 65TossPowerTrap, Dec 7, 2010.

1. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37

This happened at the Chiefs Denver game last week. We were just getting to our seats when we heard this. It was pretty brutal tbh, but I felt bad for him. I believe he skipped a couple verses on the second attempt to try to get done for the F-18 flyover...but it just didn't work out.

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    :yawn:

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    This is common with Chiefs fans. They have no class.

Their owner whathisname Hunt could not even watch the game on his death bed because no fan stepped up with a Directv dish so the old man could watch his team as he died.

4. Lightning

Lightning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    HAHAHA really!? coming from the fanbase the disrespects the national anthem every single time it's sung? It should be mandatory that this is the ways it's sung in arrowhead every single time.

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    How exactly do thwe Chiefs fans disrespect the national anthem everytime it is sung?

6. Lightning

Ratings:
    +37
    By finishing it with yelling out "land of the chiefs" Petty on my part ...maybe but it bugs me ALOT

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    That is common in NFL stadiums, I have heard it witht he Jets and Bills also.

8. Lightning

Ratings:
    +37
    Just because it's common doesn't make it cool in my book. I already admitted though that it's just my personal stance. I really enjoy when the anthem is done well and yes I think it's disrespectful to the singer as well as the song and what it stands for. In their staduim if they like ending it that way that's their deal but in the Murph I don't think it's cool.

9. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    No one does it like the Chiefs. And it's not at all disrespectful. Look at the huge military contingent that comes from the Midwest, many of whom are Chiefs fans. They BELT out CHIEFS at the end of the anthem at GAMES. It's no different than yelling "Play ball!" at the end.

What's funny is that the Chiefs fans travel so well, you hear it at other stadiums. I bet it resonates at the Q this Sunday. In a couple weeks when we play the Rams at Arrowhead East in St Louis, it will fill the dome.

10. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    You are really an idiot. You actually think that Mr. Lamar Hunt (yes THAT's the name of the man who CREATED the AFL and thus, the *cough* L.A. Chargers), needed anyone to "give" him anything? Even on his death bed. The man was one of the Richest men in America, and one of the classiest.

I know it's your M.O. to make fun of people on their deathbeds and the family who stick with them, but doing so while calling others classless is the ultimate in hypocrisy.

11. Lightning

Ratings:
    +37
    Of course they travel well.....it's freakin' Missouri. Who wouldn't want to get out of there

12. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    Last I checked, St Louis is still in Missouri lol (Most of it anyway).

Plus, KC is a great town. Many of our players make their homes here. Even Dick Vermeil splits his time between his vineyards and here. I'm not going to go the same classless rout and blast SoCal for all its problems. I love San Diego and spend quite a bit of time there for quick vacations . In general, the people are much more laid back there than most coastal towns and the City has just enough sports/other entertainment/decent food/character to be fun without being overly pretentious (other than some Charger fans of course lol). In some ways it's more like home than any other California city.

13. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    YOUR media called out the sad fact the hospital where Lamar Hunt DIED had no TV for the old man to watch (and the Chiefs were on TV while he was slipping away) and NO FAN even offered to set up a dish for the guy the watch his team before he croaked.

That is on YOU CHIEFS fan.

Deal with it.

The truth hurts.

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Dont listen to that guy. He has changed into a classless git. A couple of years ago a Charger fan from VA came out to see a game. Trampy welcomed him and his Chiefs fan wife with open arms. A few months later he started ripping her online for no reason.

So to peoples faces he is nice and meek. he only turns into a wana-be bad azz when he gets behind his key board. Just ignore him, he isnt worth the effort.

15. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    It is easy to alter someones posts to say anything just like you do articles which you cut and paste as authentic. :yes:

16. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Chiefs fan had no excuse and YOUR OWN MEDIA called out the fan base.

Not a peep.

Why ?

Because your team was losing.

Stay Classy Chiefs fan !!!!

17. Lightning

Ratings:
    +37
    so...I am "classless" because I ribbed you about fans traveling out of their town ....A little sensitive there pal lol

18. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    Yeah, I have seen his type before. He's a really tough cyber warrior on line, but a meek, spineless, brainless, hopeless, dickless douchewaffle in person.

19. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    We travel because we love and support our team. I understand that there aren't many Charger fans who can comprehend that - which is a big reason why you won't have a team for long.

20. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37

For Trumpet:

Bud Light presents...Real Men of Genius.
    (Reaaal meeeen of geeeenius)

Today we salute you Mr. Disgruntled Internet Toughguy.
    (Mister Disgruntled Internet Toooo oough Guy!)

With a roid rage exploding faster than your acne, you burst onto the forums like a warrior - a really tough cyberwarrior,
    (I'm the Shawn Merriman of com-puuu-ters!)

Thanks to you, these forums are littered with examples of your self-proclaimed greatness. A testament to what you've always known - deep down inside...
    (Chuck Norris is insiiiiide me!)

Your internet prowess makes you a hit with all your ladies, who love that you are so full of hot air...which you use to inflate them.
    (puff... puff... puff)

Letter bombings? School shootings? No sir. Your anger is global, because YOUR shack in the woods has an internet connection, and your manifesto is PWNage.
    (Cry Moar NOOOOOOOB!)

So crack open a ice cold Bud Light oh Pwnzor of the Pixels *beer can opening*
    because we all know, that when the going gets tough, the tough...get on their computers.

(Mister Disgruntled Internet Toooo oough Guy!)

Bud Light Beer, Anheuser-Busch, St. Louis Missouri.

21. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Which family member is about to die so that the forum knows.

Your implosion - your nightmare has arrived.

I hope you enjoy the show.

Now you will know what Bronco fan felt during their monumental tank.

Bon apetite.

22. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    You are grasping at straws. Keep attacking my recently dead Grandmother though, it paints all Chargers fans in such a negative light I won't feel badly at all when you're sitting at home watching all your betters in the playoffs - crying about how entitled you should be for having the #1 Defense and Offense in the league lol. San Diego was a superbowl favorite...KC was picked to go 7-9. Everything that happens beyond this point is simply gravy for the Chiefs. "Monumental tank" is how I would describe the Chargers season, not ours. At least it would seam that you aren't going to tease everyone again by choking in the playoffs though.

23. Lightning

Ratings:
    +37
    I could really care less WHY you travel....but I do have a problem with being called classless just for making slight comment against missouri which was obviously meant completely as a joke. Unfortunatly I guess I forgot the "haha" s at the end or to actually have spelled it out for you so you wouldn't have your feelings hurt. You should probably put a little self check into your own class level since you're so quick to question other's

24. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    lol Lightning, it would seem that you can dish it but you can't take it. I don't know why you would get so bent out of shape that I replied to your zing with one of my own, but in the future, I will certainly endeavor to take into account your fragile constitution before I do so again.

K?

25. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Sounds like the Cheefs fans could use a change for someone singing the National Anthem at their stadium. Just hire Roseanne Barr or William Hung...

26. Lightning

Ratings:
    +37
    hahaha, whatever qwells your little egotistical brain. a zing being one thing but calling an indivdual classless then acting superior because they have a problem with it...you've got issues my friend. By the way who said I was getting bent out of shape? other than you, hoping I am so you could brush your little ego hahaha it really is funny to think of you sitting there with a little toolish smirk on your face as you come up with this stuff, man it's almost pathetic if it wasn't truly laughable.

27. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    this board was a lot more fun when this powercrap poster was gone

28. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I guess it is. You have been doing it enough when talking like you are some grand business mind in the thread where you are babbling on about death taxes. You and 13x world chimp have a lot in common. You both think your the best at everything and have never doen anything.

Props to you and chimp.

29. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Still having a hard time answering the bell.

Go write something authentic instead of stealing from the posters.

30. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Go look at the front page. You keep droning on about this, and cant back up your crap. It shows the levels you will try to sink to. Pathetic. You cant come proper and just keep droning on. You are a fake, have been shown as one and everyo9ne is seeing it.

Do yourself a favor and get off the interwebs before everyone knows what a farce of a human being you really are.