1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Embrace the Hate ...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by reddenedbeard, Apr 30, 2008.

1. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
  2. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    They Pick The Patriots Every Damn Year....:tdown:...But As Long As They Keep Losing:tup:

:cool:

3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    It also looks like according to that 2009 mock, that the Bolts will have one of the best records in the NFL (maybe 13 or 14 wins) and possibly lose to the Pats again in the AFC Championship game, since we supposedly have the 30th pick.

4. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    What's next, what high school players will be drafted five years from now?

5. B5Erik

B5Erik BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Well, there is this linebacker at Vista High named Larry East who reminds me of a combination of Russell Allen and Travis Goethel... ;)

6. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    losing stallworth to the browns is gonna expose a lot of bad things for them. jammer, cro, the new guy and the kid from georgia should dominate their wr corps. heres a couple nice stats for jammer-

espn insider-
    As was the case with the receivers, this metric review measures medium (11-19 yards), deep (20-29 yards) and bomb (30-plus yards) pass attempts on a yards-per-attempt basis. Because cornerbacks tend to see fewer passes than wide receivers, I lowered the qualifying-attempt mark to 24. The yardage totals once again include "pass in the air" penalty attempts and yards (i.e., pass interference, defensive holding, illegal contact, etc.).

Now that we have the rules out of the way, here are the top 10 vertical cornerbacks from 2007:

Player Team Vert Att Vert Yds Vert YPA
    Fred Bennett Houston 24 67 2.8
    Quentin Jammer San Diego 35 159 4.5
    Deshea Townsend Pittsburgh 35 178 5.1
    Charles Tillman Chicago 34 199 5.9
    Fred Smoot Washington 32 197 6.2
    Terrence McGee Buffalo 44 271 6.2
    Eric Wright Cleveland 46 300 6.5
    Antonio Cromartie San Diego 29 202 7.0
    Sheldon Brown Philadelphia 40 279 7.0
    Will Allen Miami 30 211 7.0

"Antonio Cromartie's appearance on this list proves he is more than just a ball hawk, but the most surprising Charger on this list has to be Quentin Jammer. After a so-so first few years in the league coverage-wise, Jammer has stepped up his game big-time the past couple of years. " -kc joyner

florence's stats were at the bottom 10. just something nice for QJ

7. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I think NFL teams have players earmarked at the high school level nowadays.. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I think they are doing it.

8. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    It seems like the No Fun League has been to predictable the last few years. It seems to me the parity plan just doesn't fit the model anymore. The haves just continue to re-tool while the have-snots just keep staying the same.

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Don't really think that it's the league's fault. A large piece of the puzzle is the philosophy of the FO & the coaches. We have the good fortune to have a staff that believes in building via the draft, retaining good players, managing the cap, & utilizing free agency just to fill key needs. Not all teams run their organizations very well. They try to build for the moment w/little vision of the future (Denver? :icon_shrug: ) Plus, you've got to sell players on the advantages your organization can provide. San Diego definitely has some pluses in that column.

Is there corruption & probably some conspiracy in the NFL? Most likely. Some events certainly point in that direction. But parity also relies on the organization being intelligent. Oakland will never achieve parity because they lack that quality. :lol:

10. HughC

HughC BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    Goes with the (lack of) intelligence and superficial insight that espn offers. "Who won the most regular season games last year? Okay, let's predict them as next year's champions!"

I'll go with the group of sportswriters (Sporting News) that may not be the highest rated magazine or website, but are more interested in being real than in ratings - and tend to get it right far more often than their more well known counterparts.