1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Emmitt Joins ESPN!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MtlBoltsFan, Mar 12, 2007.

1. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Smith to join ESPN as an analyst
    March 12, 2007

BRISTOL, Conn. (AP) -- Former Dallas Cowboys running back Emmitt Smith has been hired by ESPN as a studio analyst for its NFL pregame coverage.

Smith, the National Football League's all-time leading rusher, will appear on the network's NFL Countdown and Monday Night Countdown shows. He will also appear as an analyst on ESPN Radio and ESPN.com, the network announced Monday.

"I am looking forward to sharing my knowledge and insight of football with the fans of the NFL," Smith said in a statement released by the network. "I am excited to be joining the ESPN family, particularly the highly respected Countdown crews."

Smith will join Chris Berman, analysts Mike Ditka, Tom Jackson and Ron Jaworski, and reporter Chris Mortensen on NFL countdown. He, Berman, Jackson, Mortensen and analysts Bill Parcells and Steve Young will do the Monday Night Countdown show each week.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-espn-smith&prov=ap&type=lgns

2. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    When one Dallas retread doesn't make it .. try, try again.

3. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +685
    The difference is that Emmitt is an actual human being.

Not sure what Irvin is...

4. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I'm not sure why I should care about this.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    because damnit that's a job I should have

I just don't dance as well as emmitt, its discrimination :lol: