1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Enough down talk, whats up with St. louis

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by When Lightning Strikes, Oct 23, 2006.

1. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    Can we hold their maturing offense now that we are in a bind. Im sure we wont have any problems scoring on them in this game..but can we keep thier run and pass under control...

any thoughts??

• Like Like x 1
  2. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Final score = 34-31 san diego

3. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    St Louis' recent record on grass has been less than stellar. I think our 'D can slow them down, even with our injuries. And we'll be able to run on the Rams defense, I predict a comfortable win.

Turns out I was right to be one of the few pessimists before KC. I hope I'm right again and we kick some St Louis ***. :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  4. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    yah there will be no problem scoring thats for sure, and i think we have enough talent on D to take care of them, we have enough talent to take care of any NFC team IMO

5. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Should be a fun one to watch!

I feel like it's months since there has been a home game...

6. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    I know, this is the perfect time to have two home games against two mediocure teams. i wish we had a buy week after these two games though...we sure could use one now instead of so early in the season.

7. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    They have to defend their home turf. 2-2 on the road right now. Must protect the Q. We must slaughter the Lambs. Convincingly.

8. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    I also think that Merriman is going to continue to appeal, and will be on the field next Sunday.

9. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    If you would have asked me three weeks ago, I would have told you we would beat the lambs by a pretty large margin.... but the losses on defense have been unreal.... and I just dont know how they will perform. The Lamb defense causes a lot of turnovers, so it will be important that we take care of the ball (cliche!). I see this and the brownie games as "must wins" for our team.... with road trips to the bungles and donkeys looming......

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    I'm worried. I curious to see the affect the Merriman suspension, Olshansky and Phillips injuries have on the team.

Gotta win this game, funny how what was once looked upon as a fairly easy game for us has become so MASSIVE. We cannot afford a loss without 3 of our front 7, just can't. NOW is when we see what this team is REALLY made of.

Rams + Grass isn't always a good equation for St. Louis, but who know right now with the chaos surrounding the team right now.

It's up to Marty (gulp) to get these guys heads right for Sunday, MUST WIN!

11. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,545
    They won two games because of fumbles: Arizona when Warner fumbled and in Green Bay when Favre was stripped. Both Green Bay and AZ were inside the St. Louis 20 when the turnovers happened. They blew a big lead against Seattle.

That said, Jammer & Florence will have their hands full with Holt & Bruce. I still like our D against them. But we'll have to play their WR's tight.

12. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    At the same time they were all mashed together... new system new coach new teammates. They needed time and still need time to build chemistry and as the season goes on they have gotten and will get better game to game.

13. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Whenever we have gone against top wr's, our corners always play 10 yards off. Our pass rush is hugely depleated. Jammer and co are going to have to play their asses off this week. St. Louis is going to come out firing at us with everything they've got. This game is going to be tough. They have to disrupt them at the line, otherwise they'll just burn us all day long. I don't know what to do:unsure:

Good thing I'm not on the staff:lol:

14. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    cro needs to step up...

I am calling for a wild west shootout - 2 brilliant offenses...

Vajina better step up and play :icon_evil: I like Floyd :yes:

Lt in the slot :tup: and tuner in the backfield.

15. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,880
    There defense does have some playmakers
    La'Roi Glover is quick and hard to catch in the middle
    Leonard Little is still all pro and will give McNeil a run for his money
    Tinanimosa is a faster Seau with less intensity
    Will Witherspoon has really done well as an iLB
    and Corey Chaveous is a good SS

16. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    They are quite creative with their blitzes too

17. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    The other players on the Rams 'D must really suck then, since they are 24th in the league in total defense.

:lol:

18. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I share this sentiment. I'm expecting this to be a high scoring, offensive showdown. Our D is going to have a very difficult time keeping big Steven Jackson in check, not to mention trying to catch up with Tory Holt. The Rams are going to hang some points on us for sure and we have to score early and often if we're going to keep up.

19. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    Steven Jackson? please, there is only one RB in this league that has been able to run on us and his name is LJ, no other 100 yard rushers in a while

20. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    The Rams game will be the biggest test of that argument. If Jackson can't run on us, then our defense is still sound. If he rips off 120+ yards and 2 TDs, then we are in trouble until Igor, Phillips, and Merriman return.

• Like Like x 1
  21. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    I think we will come out emotional. I think we come out to play. Our defense will have to hold it down. Our offense needs to put up big numbers. This game certainly is winnable. We, the 12th man in the stand, need to give our team through this tough time all the support we can. Scream our heads off. We have great backups that can plug up holes. We still have the other half of our defense coming out to shut the rams down. Offense will succeed. I dont see a mediocure defense the rams have shutting down the chargers high powered offense.

22. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    It's not so much that I think Steven Jackson is a great back. But there's no denying that he is a large MFer and (if Merriman doesn't play) we're talking about 3rd and 4th string linebackers trying to bring him down. Plus I believe their O-Line is still pretty nasty. I'm just a little concerned, that's all.

23. montanabolthead

montanabolthead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +30
    The Rams have some players, but I think we can hang with them. I'm lobbying hard for Tim Dobbins to play. I think he can take Cooper and a put some pressure on Bulger. Their receivers are top notch, no denying that. The emotion in this game better be high.

24. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Sounds good but I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

25. SDC-IL

SDC-IL BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Chargers have to go back to running the football and be balanced offensively. Which means running it 30 times minimum and throwing it 30 times minimum.

26. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    JUST WIN THIS GAME!!!!:bolt: :bolt:

27. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680

:tup:

28. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Very nice. It will be the only game I attend this season, so I am looking forward to a big win.

I am only happy because having him on the field gives us the best chance to win.

29. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    Lets hope so.... Id rather Merriman miss four games when Igor and Philips are back in the lineup.

30. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Or the games that include the Raiders and Bills, where at least we should be able to handle them without his presence. :yes: