1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

ENOUGH! MNF will tell us all we need to know!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Boltergeist, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    Most of us were deeply disturbed by our total defensive collapse on SNF. We have beaten that horse to multiple deaths. The way I see it, our next game will tell us all we need to know about this team and the rest of the season.

Bottom line, if any of our team (players and coaches) can't reach deep and show some Mother F'ing heart and PRIDE against the division's first place team.....a team BTW that is now the clear AFCW Favorite and regarded as more talented than us......with the season potentially already on the line...on MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL...........then those players/coaches lacking the balls to do whatever needs to be done are NOT and never will have what it takes to be winners in this league.

If we lose next Monday night, THE SEASON IS OVER. PERIOD. Yes, we have problems with personnel and injuries....But there are NO excuses for this one. The Broncos are playing well and have a much better team (defense in particular) than expected.....But that team is not as good as the Pittsburgh or Baltimore playoff hardened teams we lost to. If we lose this one, it's because we didn't put in the effort....and that is unacceptable and heads will need to roll.

Just to call a few people out (not an exhaustive list of people who need to step up)-

Norv- you had better realize that your job is on the line. No more blaming lack of talent or failure to execute. You have failed to prepare this team repeatedly and you need to start preaching accountability and benching some players who don't put in max effort (ahem...Cromartie).

Chico- I keep hearing how creative you are. So far you are overrated. You have 2 weeks to find a way to create some pressure.

LT, you've gotten a pass from many including me for legitimate injuries, a shoddy offensive line, and your past greatness....But it is time to turn it up a notch and produce in this game in spite of whatever obstacles are in your way. This is the game you MUST show up. You are healthy and you have something to prove to many. This is the playoffs in week 5. Run the ball hard and make something happen in the ground game.

Shawne Merriman. I don't want to hear about your injuries. I don't want to hear about how you "scare yourself" because you are so good. You are no longer a star. You are barely a blip on the NFL radar. Show up and prove you are worthy of your hype. It's been two years since you've been relevant.

Shaun Phillips...I thought not having the other Shawne around was the problem? You're not getting it done. You always wanted to be a star.....make a difference even if the other Shawne can't.

Luis Castillo....You got a big contract that, to this point, you don't deserve. You are a marginal DE on a weak line that needs you to step up. Do it.

Antonio Cromartie....If you are not the nickel corner by week 5, consider yourself lucky. If you try to defend your crappy play on twitter again, the entire offensive line should get to tea bag you after practice before taking showers.

Clinton Hart- You are also lucky if you're still starting. Want to stay lucky? Make a big play dude. You are so overdue it's not even funny.

Eric Weddle. You make a living off of opportunistic plays....but you are still 2 steps late to most plays and pad your tackling stats with a lot of weak, girly arm tackles. Bring some ferocity. You'r a safety for god's sake. I want to see more laying the wood like you did in week 1 against the Raiders. I'll take a penalty over soft tackling any day.

The entire OLine. Get nasty. 2006 wasn't that long ago Dielman and McNeil. I know you can do better.

PR, Sproles, VJ, Gates, Floyd, Jammer...carry on.

Monday Night Football on Oct. 19 is the ONLY thing that matters right now. Lay it on the line or leave this team.

• Like Like x 5
  2. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    :clap: :clap:

• Like Like x 1
  3. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    Monday night is going to be the Chargers fifth game. I think they have shown us exactly what they are made of. The bad play isn't a trend, it's a pattern now. I kind of gave up on them after the Pittsburgh game. That was embarrassing to watch. I actually felt ashamed of being a Charger fan.

And before someone says, "It's only 4 games into the season", let's be honest. This type of play has been going on since last year. so that's about 20 games of inconsistent play. That's bad especially for the "most talented team in the leauge"

I wont follow them until they show me that they have their act together and want to win.

4. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    You obviously haven't been a fan nearly as long as I have if these are such "tough times" that you actually will stop following the team after a 2-2 start, having won the last 3 division titles and 4 of the last 5...and 3 playoff games the last too years.....No one is happy about the way they are playing, but jeez man....We had some seriously chitty teams for stretches of a decade at a time....Be pissed off....blame the coaches, players, whatever...but only watching the team when they win is pretty much the definition of a bandwaggoner......man up and help steer these soft *****es of ours in the right direction with our combined will power if nothing else. We're all in this together and most of us are going to ride this train into the ground before we jump off.

5. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    I have just seen the Pitts' game on NFL replay.
    It's a detroying loss. like in NE '07 and Minn '08

But the team can show reciliency. A win vs. Donkeys will
    change it all. Staff and team have to work for it.
    I'm disappointed, because the exspectations were high,
    but I never stop bleeding for my team CHARGERS.

CRUSH THE ORANGE

• Like Like x 2
  6. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31
    Never in my lifetime.

7. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    This is going to sound really bad and I don't mean it as bad as it's going to come out but here it goes.

I really don't care how long you've been a fan of the Chargers. That is irrelevant to what has and is going on with the team. To somehow think that you or I are somehow going to magically will or cheer this team to a victory is just plain wrong.

I've followed this team for quite some time. I'm not going to get into a p i s s i n g match here with you about who's been a fan the longest. But I have followed the team long enough to see this team finally go to a superbowl, and then lie dormant VERY DORMANT for about 6 years after that. I've witnessed the resurection of the team and the promise of once again getting to the superbowl only to piss it away because the players believed their own hype.

I've bought tickets, stickers, helmets, jerseys. I've gotten into verbal altercations (when I was younger) with not only Raider fans but opposing fans who laughed at our horrible teams. I can't tell you how many Sundays have been ruined by bad playcalling and horrible execution/effort. And for what?

I'm tired of spending money, losing sleep and getting upset over an organization that is happy with mediocraty. Do you think Steeler, Patriot or Colt fans would stick around if their teams weren't constantly in the hunt? You might have a few that don't have anything else to do with their time. But most people DO have other things to do.

I'll check box scores, and I'll always pull for the Chargers to win but I'm not going all out the way I used to. Call me a bandwagoner all you want, but I just don't think that the current team is worth my time.

• Like Like x 2
  8. jerry62

jerry62 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +15
    I feel the same way. I'm tired of losing, and of the excuses. During the bad years, i'll keep up with the Bolts, but I am not as into it as usual.

9. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    I reiterate...it's time to put up or shut up on Monday Night. Even more so now that Denver is 5-0. We simply have to show up in all phases in this game, or our ambitions for making the playoffs will be squarely behind the 8 ball.

The attitude adjustment is either going to come on Monday Night....or we wait until next year.

10. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    Here is where I'm at. If we lose on MNF our chances of winning the west is gone. I doubt we would even make a wild card spot. So I would let Norv go and get a coach in there to get some sort of continuity going before the end of the season.

I do think we are goin to win on MNF, so it's time to bet all the bolt cash.

11. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    I sat through the (1-15 ) 40th anniversary season, and paid for it to boot! Things could be a lot worse.

Lately, our team has been getting into the playoffs and winning at least one post season game each time. Our expectations have been raised, the hype is rediculous...and frankly, we are getting a little "spoiled" about making the playoffs...and a little angry about leaving them early.

This year's team really needs to show me something...preferably a complete game. They haven't done that yet this season. We have the firepower in the passing game to mount amazing comebacks...I'll take a comeback win, but me, personally I would prefer to get on top of the opponent early, taking our foot off of their throat only long enough to change feet when one gets tired. Barring some emergency trade in the next week the team will have to get it done with the players they have. Hopefully, the defense will figure out how to compensate for the loss of our first and second string nose tackles and how to get 11 individuals to play like one unit. The offense needs to remember how to run block if we are going to have success against our opponents.

All I can really do Monday night is be there yelling my damn fool head off, trying to get the donkeys to have a false start. My hope is that every single one of the Chargers comes to play...hard until the final whistle and the coaches call the game of their lives.

Let's do this thing!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Its all or nothing now.

If we don’t win, its time to blow the roster up. Let people start to play to protect their jobs. Then at the end of the season its time to start trimming the fat off of this team.

Then again they win because they started to get their **** together.

13. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    I'm callin out Castillo again. Show up you overpaid slow weakling. This is it.

14. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I think a lot of us are on the same page.

I sure as hell want a win Monday Night, and I will be there yelling my *** of, just as I do every single game.

And with it being October I do not want to start thinking about next year all ready, as I have gotten spoiled with this team!

But if it comes down to it, then I will support them just as I do every single year. And hopefully, financially I can keep my season tickets.

15. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    We are 2-2, with a win we go to 3-2, a loss makes us 2-3. Yeah, that would be one mother of all mountains to climb but not impossible.

I will Never say Never, it's a long season and anything can still happen. The Donk's have been more lucky than great so far this year. Let's see what happens if injuries start mounting up for them.
    :icon_toast: :tup: :bolt:

16. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +410
    If you flip open the standings at look at the loss column in the AFC... there are only three teams ahead of us. Donks, Indy and the Bungles.

The SNF at Pitt. game was a debacle and I understand that. But I still think the panic on this board is vastly overblown.

17. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    they have won a few games by pure luck this year. You cant count on that every single game because sooner or later everything goes full circle. The last time they beat us was when Hockali blew the call. Wouldn’t it be nice if they lost because of a blown call in our favor.

18. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    :clap: :clap: :clap:

19. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    You are correct, and I am tempering my freak out at this point... but... the Raider game didn't look good either. The Baltimore game was our best and our Defense just wasn't good enough. The Miami game didn't look much better than the Raider game and an early fumble by Brown was a gift. And Pitt was worse than any defense should look, period.

You are correct, and a little sanity or reality check is a very good thing for us all right now. But I am still concerned. I am trying to be positive this week and hope this team shows us something on Monday. The next two weeks could cure alot of what ails us.

20. LinksterAC

LinksterAC BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Listen, I know you're frustrated, we all are. But that's BS. The Chargers won their last four regular seasons games in a row last season, and only in one of them did they look shaky (@KC--which is always a challenge). They also went into the playoffs and outplayed a 12-4 team helmed by the best QB in the league before losing to the eventual Superbowl champs.

Since Norv took over, they've been inconsistent early, and VERY consistent (nearly invincible) late. They've been up and down lately, but don't make them out to be worse than they are.

21. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +410
    I got really bored last night and thought maybe I should go over and troll a Donk board. Thing is I couldn't find much to take issue with. THEY seem to have more confidence that we are going to play well than WE do!

Figure that.