1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Enough of LT Bashing SD

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Apr 3, 2010.

1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Everyday or two it seems like LT does at least one interview crying about how _____ ruined his productivity and how the Chargers organization has made some mistake. He won't stop blaming anyone but himself for his dropoff. I know we didn't have the best blocking and are now a passing team but can't he have a little respect. With all this talk he better put up big numbers next year with one of the best lines around and most run happy team or he is gonna look really bad and sound even less believable.

I love LT for what he has done in san diego but when is he gonna stop it. He's acting like a bitter evil ex-girlfriend after you had to part ways because she was going coo coo on you. Man up LT and stop running your mouth and stop attacking the chargers or you are gonna have fewer and fewer fans in SD and that is saying something after all you've done for us.

I hope he quiets down and stops acting Like TO!!

2. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    shut the FCUK up and play LT!!! oh thats right he cant.

3. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Guys, LT is in NY...everything he says will make news.

LT has earned the right to say what ever he wants. He has been very tame in his comments...just over sensitive folks amp-out thinking he is attacking. NY media will be digging and digging to get a sound bit out of LT that creates news. Don't buy into it. LT will be back with us as a hall of famer!:tup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. NN07

NN07 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    in the end, we cut him, even if he asked for it... i mean sure its lame watching these interviews in al but ..ugh idk

5. Shumway

Shumway BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    If everything he says is gonna make news, surely he recognises that and has to be very careful about what he says.

I don't think that LT being a great player for a lot of years means that he can say whatever he wants. That sounds kind of like the people who proudly proclaim that they 'tell it like it is'as an excuse for just being a flat out *****.

I think one of the things that was perceived as a quality of LTs was his humility. I know that things can get taken out of context and things can get blown out of proportion, but I don't perceive LT as having been a particularly humble kinda guy for a while.

6. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    This is only the tip of the iceberg. Just wait for training camp, preseason games & regular season games. LT better hope that was he is saying now is the truth because if he comes in here and struggles behind the Jets Oline....Oh man it is gonna get real ugly real quick for LT.

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Here is a few little know facts for some of yall who are getting butt hurt over LT saying what he is saying.

1) He is no longer a Charger and owes the organization nothing.
    2) He has expressed his opinion. So what, he has the freedom to do that.
    3) Did I mention he owes the Chargers nothing?

AJ tried to get rid of him last year, it was a not a honeymoon through the '09 season. LT is not going to say the Chargers are the greatest team evah, that would put him in hot water with his new teams fans.

If you are so sensitive about what LT says, dont read it. Or better yet, dont expect him to give praise to the team that cut him. There will be bad feelings there, just as there was with Dan Fouts (ahhhhhhh) for years after he left the bolts.

Its life, thats the facts. Get used to it and over it.

8. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Don't forget Kellen Winslow, either.

The guy held a MAJOR grudge (and likely still does) over being cleared to play by the team doctors, when he felt he WASN'T healthy enough to play.

Winslow is an example of a GREAT player who tarnished his own image with petulant behavior.

9. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Isn't kellen winslow also a dbag and a racist though...?

10. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I've said this in pretty much every LT topic:

No more excuses LT. You either put up or shut up this year.

He's been sensitive about people saying that he's lost a step and has blamed everyone but himself, well now prove it otherwise shut up about it. He has a great Oline, a team dedicated to running, really everything an RB would ask for. Talking is easy, proving it not so much. Best of luck to him unless we play against him or a Jets win affects the Chargers negatively.

11. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    Add Fred Dean, Natrone Means, Junior Seau and Rodney Harrison to that list too. None of the above were happy with the Chargers treatment at the end of their tenures here. They all made negative comments about the Chargers management....LT is just more high profile...and is in NY where everything gets blown up to a maximum level of exposure.

I too am interested to see how he handles it if he can produce at least at the level of Thomas Jones (with less carries of course) in that offense.

12. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Yeah, he has the right to say whatever he likes. But he easily could have taken the high road, and instead has chosen to make excuses and point fingers. I guess some of us just expected a little better from LT.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    He is defending himself. How would you have answered the question? LT talked about not feeling comfortable in Norvs system while he was here, so that isn't going to change while he is not here.

By high road are you suggesting that LT just not answer the questions, or state the way he sees things?

14. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Weeee earth quake!

16. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    WUT??

:icon_eek:

17. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    He could very easily have said something to the effect of "I'm looking forward, not back at what happened. People think I am done, I look forward to showing those people that they are wrong." Would have accomplished pretty much the same thing without having to make excuses and point fingers.

18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I guess he could have. I think it is his frustration speaking more than anything else. That said, he has to produce now. He has drawn the line in the sand.

19. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    This ^^^^^

I don't ever remember the organization saying that he was done, he wasn't any good or anything like that. They let him go in such a way that was beneficial to him (being able to find a team to his liking) instead of trading him to benefit the team. He threw the players (Oline) under the bus basically saying they were a passing blocking group and weren't capable of run blocking.

20. SDBoltzFan

SDBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    I wish LT would just get over the past and worry about his future with his new team. I have a limited edition (one for every TD pass thrown) Marino signed football that the signature is fading on. The ball cost 500 bucks and I told Upper Deck (the place I bought it from) that I would take an LT signed ball to replace it. I am starting to wonder now if that was a good choice. Shut up and play LT, and think about your legacy after football. Don't be remembered as a whiner.

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    It is a good choice.

I would suggest everyone chill. This crap will pas just as it did when Fouts did the same stuff. History has a way of shining over the bad and accentuating the good. You will all (or most of you) love LT again when his number is retired and he goes into the HOF.

22. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I'm thinking in light of LT's comments and AJ's firing back about getting rid of "me" first players,,,,,,,well,,,,,,,LT's number just might be up for grabs whne we draft a RB. As much as LT would say that it wouldn't bother him, I bet it would and AJ would get the last laugh. :yes:

23. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I dont think they would do that. Be interesting if they did though...

Personally I wish LT had just retired. Seeing him next season in Green is going to make me blow chunks.

24. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Right now I don't like the things coming out of his mouth (whether it deserves to be said or not). But I will say this.....if he stinks it up in NY, and NY fans & media will be relentless, I probably will feel bad for his. I agree, he should have retired. Although, if he puts up big numbers......:icon_shrug:

25. LTisCool

LTisCool BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +17
    I love LT... look at my username (btw, is there any way to change it) - but I think he's been a huge ******* talking about us in the media.

I'm sure there's a lot of different reasons for his numbers dropping off the way they did. But he tries to make himself look like he's not to blame at all. I think that's dumb.

26. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Funny how LT talks like he's the starting RB and how he's going to back into his old form. Your a BACKUP now LT! 300 to 500 yards is what most backups gain in a season.

27. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    He can't play because there are no games to play right now. :lol:

28. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Funny how fans say whatever they feel about a player, but let that player throw it back at them & he's all sorts of a bi.tch, pu$$y, or whatever.

You gonna dish it out, learned to grow some hide.

29. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Zactly!

If people think what LT is saying now is "bad", just what until Hard Knocks starts airing on HBO. You just know they're going to focus a whole segment on him.

30. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Like I've said, this is just a lead-in to that series. The writers will be pushing LT & Cro both to run their mouths.

Isn't that the whole premise for these type of shows - drama for the unwashed masses? :lol: