1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Showmeyourbolt, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Time for answers.

1) Get rid of Norv. The experiment is over. Promote Rivera, and bring in a guy with fire to run the D with Rivera as HC. Either let Shelmon run the offense, or bring in an outsider to freshen up that side of the ball. I want Norv out completely at this point. Too many close losses. When the team lost close games under Marty, he got fired. There should be no double standard for Norv. Call me reactionary, but I don't want to stand by for three, two, or even one more season and suffer through any more of this uninspired bull crap!!!

2) Resign Merriman, and Rivers. Enough said. These are our cornerstones on their respective sides of the ball for years to come, and we must lock them up. Outside of them, nobody else's job is safe.

3) Get rid of the trash. Igor and Goff should not be resigned, and guys like Wilhelm should be cut. No point in keeping any extra baggage on this team. FRESH BLOOD!!!

4) Take a serious look at the free agent market. We need to bring some fresh blood in. Look at some guys for the defensive line that will bring some piss and vinegar to the team. Guys that chew nails and piss glass. Enough with the pansies on that side of the ball. Corners, linebackers, safeties, and linemen should all be evaluated. Remember no job is safe! If there is someone better out there, bring them in!

5) Draft BEEF!!!!!!!!! AJ has ignored this problem for far too long, content with letting low rounders and undrafted guys start on the line. Mac and Dielman have been average this year, but the rest of the line is playing poorly. In reality, every position on the line should be evaluated, and a new starter at RG is a must!!!

We need new blood on the defensive line. Look in the free agent market, but look in the draft as well. Igor is gone, and we can't except having guys like Bingham and Cesaire start on this team. The Wall is getting older.....

FRESH BLOOD!!! We need to bring some fire back to this team, fire that has been missing for a long time. NO JOB IS SAFE!!! Guys have gotten too content with the way things are. Enough. Last year the guys made it to the AFC Championship game playing as underdogs. But, last year we weren't challenged in the division. I still haven't lost faith in this team. We can win out, and we can make the playoffs riding a huge winning streak. But, anything less than a Superbowl win is not acceptable, and if that doesn't happen, than I want to see the above changes enacted. We can't go year in and year out relying on a crappy division to get to the playoffs, not acceptable!

Don't just settle for the status quo Charger fans, or else this team will fall back down to the bottom of the division faster than we can blink an eye!
    • Like Like x 1

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Oct 13, 2006
    Fire AJ too.
    We got some good draft picks and free agency signings out of him but now he's hurting the franchise!!