1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Eric Allen on Rivers and his "talking"

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by OverVolt, Jan 17, 2008.

1. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Today I was listening to one of the sport talk shows (man we're getting trashed) and Eric Allen had heard that this host had been trashing Rivers, so he called to specifically talk about Rivers!
    He was on Philip's side all the way.
    He started by saying he gets the nfl tapes to review, and while watching the Denver tape, he saw Cutler start that whole thing with Rivers by grabbing his crotch and making some dumb remark...the whole conversation lasted several minutes, and they went on to talk about this Colts game, and how the Colts fans were yelling about their happiness in Rivers injury.
    Allen had nothing but high praise for Rivers, he really put the host in his place. (I'm thinking it was Cowherd)

2. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    That would be a nice clip to see on ESPN, Cutler doing the "SMD" move. Never happen. ESPN is getting to much play out of trashing Rivers.

HEY ESPN! :icon_finger:

3. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +40
    The truth rarely sells as well as an entertaining lie.

4. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    The media will get to see what kind of guy Rivers is during the week leading up to the Super Bowl. He's going to put this to rest once and for all and make the guys ripping him look ridiculous.

5. BajaBolt

BajaBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    You just knew there was more to the story with Cutler. No way all 3 chargers, including Rivers, would have acted that way unless Cutler was also dishing out garbage. Of course, ESPN and its love for the Broncos and their young "gunslinger" would never show it.

6. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    As EC had said in another post ESPN is on it's way down and I really only watch NFL Network for my info.

Fuc ESPN. :bolt:

7. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
  8. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Actually my processor is Palestinien and my best LO is Jewish.

We can be a lot of things it just depends on how many zeros there are on the check.

You guessed wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  9. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    so funny cause cutler is grabn his jock at the chargers and all rivers is saying is "that a baby" and rivers is the bad one LOL freakn media

10. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
  11. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    hey zatoichi I see you retracted your post and made some noise.

well hear this: we're here and were cocked, locked and ready to rock and we can hide behind free speech and freedom of religion as well. I've been playing the PC game for years. :yes:

Go Chargers!!

:abq2::bolt::abq1:

12. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I am the one who moved it. You can blame me for that. So that venom needs to be directed at me.

I apologize everyone for taking this thread off topic.

Now we can get this back on topic please.

13. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    My bad TT. No more from me and you have my word dude.

What is this thread about anyways? :icon_shrug: :icon_huh: :D

FU New England. We're comin and we WILL hit you you (awesome english) paste-white pretty-boy motherluuuuuvers. :yes:

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Just re-caught inside the nfl and had to hear Dan Marino say that Eli Manning had a big time arm (WTF???) and Cris Carter say how immature the Chargers were and that means they can't play the Patriots. Marino had to say the chargers don't have the playmakers to score.

15. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Some folks are waking up that the chargers do have the better team. That the only chance the pats have is buying off the refs in patsville.

16. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
  17. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Foob's, I'm not sure I agree...and I wouldn't buy in to what Belichek is selling. To listen to him, your swear the Bolts are better, and the Pat's are the underdog.
    Make no mistake, at 17-0 this IS the best team in football...right up until the Kickoff, by the end we are either the best, or the Pat's are STILL the best.

18. WeStrikeSunday

WeStrikeSunday BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    This week, the lower media has been respecting Rivers and yelling up at the higher media. So this willy wonka looking guy on Rome comment on Smith and Brady fight and he said well tom brady gets in the players face as well.. and Rome said you can talk to the players but not the fans ( he said that can mess with you mind and the game WTH?:icon_shrug:) ok , every one started commenting on Rivers when the Cutler thing happen.. Media can't hind it for long that their golden boy is a *** ! haha....

19. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    HBO right? That show is pathetic.

20. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    EMBRACING THE HATE!!!!

:abq1::abq2::abq1::abq2:

21. JBerrier

JBerrier BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    I'm so tired of hearing that PR needs to stop talking and whining. Sean "bench-warmer" Salisbury was saying Philip needs to start playing and stop whining, then Trey Wingo said "doesn't Brady complain to the refs?" Sean replied, "he's earned it!" Screw that, Philip does talk alot, but if it doesn't bother his teammates, who cares. ESPN and their butt-buddies need to stop trying to make PR into this years Terrell Owens.

22. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    Ron Jaworksi was on Sportscenter last night and BLASTED the Rivers haters. Damn I wish I had a clip. Basically he said that EVERYBODY jaws on the field, that he sure as hell did it when he played, and that jawing with the fans is nothing new, and that he did that as well. Common sense pretty much. Also said that Rivers has been playing lights out. Funny how the complete D-bags on ESPN - Bayless, Golic, Pastabelli, Jackson, Salisbury, etc all try and heap **** on Phil, but the few guys on the network who routinely know their asses from holes in the ground (Clayton, Jaws) don't see what the big deal is.

23. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Agreed.

What is worse is watching the fans follow the media trumpeting the idiocy.

24. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    we call them Patriot fans