1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Eric Weddle is All Pro

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Lancer 1, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    Our much maligned & often criticized free safety has capped off a career year, rewarding the team that traded up in the draft to select him, then re-signed him to a big money contract extention, paying much more to so than many thought he was actually worth. He responded with a league tying 7 interceptions, (and a timely 1st down on a fake punt & a critical onsides kick recovery) a Pro Bowl nod and now has been voted a 1st team All Pro.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/01/the-ap-all-pro-team-roster/1

2. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Congrats, the accolades seem to keep coming in.

3. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,410
    Now that's a nice honor........ good that we have on player at least. ;)

4. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    Weddle was a 2nd Team All Pro last season, but this year had to be pretty satisfying for him (with the exception of missing the playoffs again) and I look forward to seeing how he follows this season up.

5. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,410
    Get him a stud SS to partner with, and he may do great things.

6. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    I like it. Weddle has proven his worth years ago. But it is nice to see other NFL facets are taking notice.

Congrats Edub!

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    It is because he does the into for the Podcast!

• Like Like x 1
  8. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Well done and well deserved!

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Nice, congrats to Weddle!

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    There really wasn't anyone better then him in the NFL @ FS?

11. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Don't hate, appreciate. One spot on the D we don't need to upgrade immediately.

IIRC he led the league in INTs.

12. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Congrats Weddle is one my favorite players. Continue proving the haters wrong man!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,410
    Hating on your own players?......... nice, Podcast Boy. :rolleyes:

14. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    There are plenty of players on the team worthy of the hate. Weddle is NOT one of them. :tup:

15. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Perhaps you could enlighten us as to how exactly you scout and evaluate players? I question your apparent lack of respect for the season Eric Weddle had. I question why that is, as you should be proud that he accomplished the following:

Tied for the most interceptions (7) on the season. No one in the NFL had more, and only Kyle Arrigton had as many. This was on a Defense where the schemes were not very good. Is this not worthy of the honor of all pro in your estimation?

How about he was second in combined tackles behind Butler on the team (62nd in the league)? No? That is not worthy of praise?

How about the fact that from the safety position he was tied for the most passes defensed (19) with Cason, which also ranks him at 13th in the league? No? How about if I threw in Troy Polamalu a player you seem to respect with good reason only had 16, to rank 25th in the league. Still no good?

You just might need some perspective my friend. It seems a lot of the forum goers pride themselves on calling out players for not performing to the levels that they want, but several fail to take account of the players who have played well. Weddle played at a very high level this season, stepped up as a defensive leader and had some of the years highlight reel plays, including the diving pass defense against the Ravens that shut down a sure TD.

Be willing to see to good as well as the bad Ant, be willing to give praise as well as condemnation...

My suggestion at least.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    He did have a great season as the leader of what other than him is quite an average secondary. I can only imagine how much better he'd have been with a reallg good safety next to him, imagine if Sanders had stayed healthy...

17. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Congrats to Wed's, he plays a solid game and free safety is an action spot.