1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Eric Weddle named AP first-team All-Pro

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Eric Weddle named AP first-team All-Pro
    By Michael Gehlken

10:10 A.M.JAN. 2, 2015

Eric Weddle is receiving his due.

For another year, he is an All-Pro.

The Chargers safety was selected to the Associated Press All-Pro first team, it was announced Friday. It's the fifth straight year he was an All-Pro pick and the second time he was chosen to the first team (2011). Weddle, the only Charger to be voted last month to the Pro Bowl, was the only Charger to receive an All-Pro vote.

Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski was a unanimous selection, so no other tight end, such as Antonio Gates, recorded a vote.

At quarterback, Aaron Rodgers was the first-team selection. Tony Romo, Tom Brady and Andrew Luck were the only others to receive votes. The Chargers' Philip Rivers and Broncos' Peyton Manning were among those to garner none.

Weddle, overlooked early in his career for such end-of-year awards, is considered an elite player at his position.

He is an obvious candidate this offseason to be compensated as such. Like Rivers and Gates, Weddle's contract expires after the 2015 season. He had a team-high 114 tackles in 2014 with an interception and two forced fumbles. Weddle figures to have plenty of quality football ahead of him. He'll turn 30 Sunday.

2. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Good for Weds, I'm sure he'll like the vacay and check for the game.

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    They must be blind. Because to hear the Chargers fans talk, Weddle is SOOO over rated...

4. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    I think Jammer still wants him cut. That's what you get for not being a golden domer. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    My first thought was, "didn't Jammer go to Texas?" Then I realized you were talking about the other Jammer.

6. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    That 1 pick sure paid off!

7. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,024
    To avoid confusion, the nickname of the "other" Jammer is "Stiffy" ;)

8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Weddle may not be the best but he's right more than he is wrong. I'd say he was the least of the defensive problems, look hard at the ILB position and work in.

9. MetalZelda32

MetalZelda32 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    I think the only reason we were seeing some holes in his game was because his defense was crumbling around him. Weddle is still the best defender we have and, if we let him go after 2015, I'll be getting my torch ready for Telesco.