1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

ESPN 5 burning questions

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Mid-west Chargers fan, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Mid-west Chargers fan

Mid-west Chargers fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Found this over on ESPN:

3. Who will meet in the AFC title game?

Eric Allen: It would be easy to say San Diego and Baltimore, but I'm going with San Diego and New England. The Patriots aren't getting enough credit. This isn't a great team, but it isn't a bad one either. New England has flaws like any other team in the NFL but finds ways to win each week. San Diego will win the AFC title matchup because its offense will be too much for the Patriots to handle. This is a special Chargers offense, and it will be able to spread the field and exploit the Patriots with LaDainian Tomlinson.

Mark Schlereth: The Chargers and Ravens will meet for the right to represent the AFC. The Chargers are playing amazing football right now, and everything seems to be clicking for them. They have an aggressive, smart defense that is the perfect complement to their explosive offense. This is going to be a great game. It is going to be a hard-fought battle that will come down to the way Brian Billick is calling the offense. This has been a great offense ever since he took over the play-calling responsibilities. He has Jamal Lewis effectively running the ball, giving McNair time to make things happen.

5. Who's going to win it all?

Eric Allen: I may sound like a homer on this, but I'm going with the Chargers. Their positives outweigh any negatives on this team. Tomlinson's amazing abilities can overcome Philip Rivers' stumbles. We're almost guaranteed not to see the typical Marty Schottenheimer offense because of Tomlinson's explosiveness. Coach Schottenheimer realizes spreading the field and allowing Tomlinson to operate is the most effective way for this team to win. It will be poetic justice because the commish doesn't want another Super Bowl in San Diego, and it will keep the team in the county.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs06/news/story?id=2721168

2. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +610
    for the patriots to play the Chargers in the AFC championship KC would have to beat Indy in the WC then the Chargers would beat the chiefs in the divisional (not sure KC beats the colts)

On the other side the patriots would beat the jets (probable) and the ravens in the divisional (not that easy)

I'll go with Chargers beating the ravens (ain't I a homer :yes: )

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,882
    you sound pretty honest to me :lol:

4. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +674
    :icon_huh: :icon_wtf:

I hope he means at the Murph and not SD in general. After the last SD hosted bowl, peeps were saying it should be there every year!

5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Yeah - He meant the Murph......