1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

ESPN "Experts" Pick Pats

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by maestro876, Sep 13, 2007.

1. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
  2. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
  3. Kev

Kev BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    :)

Oh really.

And how many of those "experts" are playing Sunday evening?

Guess the sack-washers are in a hurry to crown their asses. :tdown:

4. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I can't believe Jaws picked the Patriots... :icon_twisted:

5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    The "experts" on Sirius NFL Channel are all picking the Pats too.

Good

6. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    The Pats are going to get socked in the fuggin mouth. :yes: :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  7. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I can't remember the last time I saw almost all clean sweeps across the board. Looks like this weekend is primed for upsets.

Let's go Bolts!!!

8. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I think this is a very tough week.... Picking winners last week was a sinch compared to this week...

I most definitely need to include SD in my teaser as +3.5 is very very very tempting....

9. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I'll always look closely at a "dogs" at home... This week this looks to be Miami, Tennessee, Cleveland, Arizona and the Giants. Giants could be poised for an upset this week.... Need to see if Sheli's playin'.... etc.

Edit: Tampa Bay is also a dog at home... The Giants game is listed at 0 today.

10. darkcharger

darkcharger BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    I don't know about you guys but I love this. Let them continue to underestimate us while we pile up win after win.

Fact of the matter is that besides Pats fans and teams in our division, everyone else will be a Charger fan this Sunday to watch them beat those classless cheaters down..

11. richpjr

richpjr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    I'm a Charger fan, but what exactly have we done to deserve being made a favorite? We lost at home in the playoffs to a weaker NE than we are playing this week. We deserve to be the underdog. Now if we go and stomp their cheating a$$es into the ground, maybe we'll earn a little more respect.

12. LinksterAC

LinksterAC BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    I think Charger fans are bothered by how short people's memories are. The Chargers clobbered the Pats last year at the point of attack, but gave the game away. Additionally, Tomlinson runs through that old defense like a sieve. The addition of Adalius Thomas might offset the loss of Richard Seymour, but that still leaves the Pats exactly where they were last year--hopeless against LT.

Rest assured, I don't think this is a guaranteed win for the Chargers, nor do I think it will be a cakewalk for the Pats, like the media seems to. And, frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if the Chargers came out there and blew out the Patriots. They are physically superior, extremely motivated, and that defense showed me a lot more than I thought it would last week against the Bears.

13. Kev

Kev BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    :)

Well it's official. NFL Network's "Playbook" preview show for this week's AFC games (don't ask me how they decide which program to put inter-conference games in) has BOTH of their "experts" picking the patsies to beat the Bolts Sunday. Don't know who the other guy was, but Sterling Sharpe gave as his reasoning that it was impossible for the patsies to be 1-1 after the first two games of the season. Now that's some irrefutable logic there, dude.

By almost unanimous consent, the "experts" have made the Bolts the underdogs Sunday. Good. Even though I think it's highly unlikely the Bolts will win by a two or three score margin (possible, just not likely), it will make the victory all that much sweeter.

:tup:

14. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Who cares.

When they pick us they are experts.
    When they pick the opposition they become "experts".

Now that the Patriots players can get a good laugh at their light penalty for cheating, of course they will be favored at home.

15. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

:icon_rofl: This is so true!!! It's funny to see how many just don't get it.
    There is only one fact that matters...we haven't won a playoff game in how long???
    Any smart "expert" would pick the Pat's...the experts would also do the same.
    I want nothing more than a trip to the superbowl, but I'm not so short sighted as not to understand why we wouldn't be picked.
    If we do get there this year, we will be picked by all the "experts" to repeat the next year....maybe even by the experts!

16. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Guys, if we are going to win this game Rivers needs to calm down. We are superior or equal at every position except QB. But QB is the most important position. He needs to take a valium or two before the games and get a little of LTs chill going. I know he is an excitable guy and I love the enthusium but at times it is clear he gets too amped for his own good.

If we can get the running game going and get a few picks like last game we could very well put a big hurt on these guys. That defense is old, old, and after Sunday will really start to feel their age. No way they can put up a game like Chicago did. Those dudes were amazing and we still managed 14 (21 actually) points on them.

I expect the offense to bust out. Question is can we contain Brady and his new wideout toys. Time to step up Dflo and Jams.

17. bucnasty

bucnasty BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Peter King picks Pats by 10
    3 of 4 on Inside the NFL (HBO) pick the Pats

The same rules that apply to the stock market applies to NFL picks:

"most of the people are wrong most of the time".

I'd rather be the underdog in this game. We will punch the Patriots in the face, rip off their left arm beat 'em half to death with it and shove it up their ***. Then spit on 'em. Fukc you Belichick. Fukc you Brady. Fukc you New England.

18. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    I, for one, am glad that they are still gonna play the game on sunday...

Seems to me that we have been here before. The patriots have proven that they can win big games like this, after the playoff fiasco the chargers still have to prove that they can.

I like the fact that everyone is looking at how the pats dominated the jets and the chargers struggled against the bears...

Anybody else think that new england's defense could have wreaked the havoc that the bolts did???

19. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Mike Golic is the only person in that lineup who will get that one right.
    (Captain Obvious)

20. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Brady will not face a more aggressive or a more smashmouth style of defense all season long. The playoff game was lost on bad coaching decisions and bone head plays that aren't apt to be repeated. Moss practised lightly this week, and the reason most people give is that they were saving wear and tear on his body. Does that mean there's more for our guys to tear into? We'll see how he stands up to a pounding, whether or not he go to the ball as agressively after he's had his wienie whacked a few times. I expect that both Brady and Moss will be punished and it will wear on them as the game goes on. Rivers will be fine.

21. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Who gives a fawk if we are the underdog, through most of our history we have been and it doesn't bother me a bit. What concerns me is after that physical game last week we that we don't come out flat. If not then we should roll on these dudes and take home the victory. :bolt: :icon_party:

22. chargerhoku

chargerhoku BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Notice when he gets all fired up-we are able to score.

23. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    Really can't imagine that.

24. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Here's several fans that bought into the whole Hype...maybe even starting allot of it themselves?
    So it looks like the "experts" were allot smarter than the "fans" all along.
    I suppose that's why they are where they are, and we write in here.
    Let's hope the "experts" pick us to beat GB. I know I do, but then I'm just a fan.
    I try not to let it happen, but, my view could be myopic.