1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

ESPN - hates the Chargers and keeps digging

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Mar 25, 2008.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=3309135

I'm happy with two chargers on hte board but its who's in front of them that pisses me off

28. Chris Chambers
    San Diego Chargers
    A change of scenery did Chambers a lot of good last season. He faced far too much attention from opposing defenses in Miami's lackluster passing attack and simply is not good enough to thrive in that tough environment. But San Diego is utopia. Chambers should continue to produce against all the single coverage he is attracting. He can go up and make the spectacular grab and has a lot of big-play ability.
    WRS IN FRONT OF HIM: Roddy White, Bernard Berrian, Joey Galloway, Dwayne Bowe, Donald Driver, Santonio Holmes

38. Vincent Jackson
    San Diego Chargers
    Much like Chris Chambers, Jackson benefits from playing in San Diego as LaDainian Tomlinson and Antonio Gates attract the majority of the opposing defense's attention. However, Jackson took his game up several notches in last season's playoffs and proved to be someone who also needs to be accounted for. He is a very good blocker, springing many of LT's big runs. (Gee, is all it took to be playing with LT? I guess that's why Reche Caldwell's on this list too)
    WRS in front of him: Donte Stallworth, Ronald Curry, Jerry Porter, Calvin Johnson, Bobby Engram, Lavernius Coles, Javon Walker

2. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    What a crock of **** that is. He never had a QB worth a **** who could get him the ball.

Nice back-handed comments from ESPN. Fuk them. ESPN has gone down the ******* anyway.

3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Calvin Johnson????!!!!!

ARE YOU FUGGING KIDDING ME!!!!

he hasn't done shiit in his first year!!

stupid fugging ESPN

EMBRACE THE HATE BABY!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    ESPN analysts are a bunch of dipshits. They'll be eating the negative comments that they make about the Chargers after this season.

Embrace it, baby!!! :icon_twisted:

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    good.....goood, let the hate flow

couldn't stop making shots at the chargers

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    WANT RESPECT?

WELL THEN WE'RE JUST GOING TO HAVE TO WIN THE WHOLE DAMN THING!!! :bolt:

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    When the did the Chargers "On the Clock" segment the other day, it was EMBARRASSING!

They have done absolutely NO homework on the Chargers, and it was obvious!!! They kept rambling on about how we started slow and finished strong (which everyone knows) and then scrambled some BS together about how were going to draft some kid named Justin King who is not even projected to be a first day pick!!!

8. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    The On The Clock segment was a joke. No clue at all.

9. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    It'll be that much nicer to watch them wipe the egg off of their faces in between the bites of crow. Next to Faux, ESPN is my last choice for sports info.

10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Y'all whine and complain to damn much, get over it and let the team do the speaking. If they win it all, the be the toast of the nation, if not all the told ya so's will be out. One thing I've learned being a Bolts fan from the late 60's, don't count on any love outside of the city.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    At one part they mentioned Rivers having surgery and that we have Volek and Whitehurst. Were they suggesting we get a new QB? :icon_huh:

Seemed like it. Though we do need help on our offensive line for that reason.

12. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    That's because when they're freezing their cans off, we're in shorts watching the carne asada sizzle on the grill, fork in one hand, drink in the other, wearing nothing more insulating than an apron and a pair of shades. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it, and we can't expect any gratitude.

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    So that's what it's like for your favorite team to be your home team too, huh? :icon_huh:

You're such a ***** for pointing that out!! :icon_tease:

14. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    It's good to know the hate is still flowing strong and our mantra shall endure.

EMBRACE THE HATE

15. extrememaster

extrememaster BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    "He faced far too much attention from opposing defenses in Miami's lackluster passing attack and simply is not good enough to thrive in that tough environment."

LOL in that case Randy Moss should be ranked in the 30s, because Randy Moss didn't thrive in Oakland.

16. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I prefer that - I want us to go into this with "well they're talented but Idk if they're good enough", I want that hunger like in 2006 during the season "best team to not make the playoffs". Last year we got too damn cocky to start the year because everyone was thinking we would be in the super bowl. I want my guys hungry and pissed off! So let the hate keep flowing!

17. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    What did I tell you? No gratitude for our courage at all.
    :icon_rofl:

18. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    F-ing Great!

Embrace it *****!

• Like Like x 2
  19. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    It really ticked me off because they hyped it for an hour before they actually showed it, and then they told us what we ALREADY KNEW!

Sure, they'll lick the sweat off Jerry Jones' nuts to get a rumour from the Cowboys front office, but if the AFC West Champion Chargers are involved they just phone it in.

• Like Like x 1
  20. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I agree. I actually love the dissing people give us. It just fuels the fire for a Lombardi. I actually wish everyone would keep putting us down. The more mad the team is the better. We will be vindicated in Feb 2009! Chambers & VJ are better than most of those knuckeheads ahead of them!

21. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    Bro...

I Learned To Stop Caring What ESPN Thinks YEARS AGO....Their Just Waiting To Jump Back Off Our Bandwagon.....But Once We Sew Up The 2009 Lombardi They Ain't Gonna Have **** To Say....

GODDDDD I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO START BACK UP!!!!!

Let's ****ing Go Bolts.....:abq2::abq2::abq2:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  22. BrOnCoS/32/33

BrOnCoS/32/33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't see Chris Chambers as an Elite Wide Receiver so :icon_shrug: VJ is still processing .As for ESPN that network is bandwagon support they always have too many segments on teams that always do well,and they are east coast bias too.

23. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Here is their Fearless leader!!!:icon_rofl: "You're with me Leather....."

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3TLG_LtWhj4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3TLG_LtWhj4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

• Like Like x 1
  24. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I'll take Chambers over Marshall any day.

• Like Like x 1
  25. BrOnCoS/32/33

BrOnCoS/32/33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    All homer aside if Marshall was a charger there is no way that would come out your mouth...If Chambers was an Elite Wide Receiver there's no chance in hell the Phins would trade him Right or Wrong :icon_shrug:

I'm not a homer I'll keep it "real" if chambers was better then Marshall i will tell you but he's not.

26. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Chambers has better numbers even with the damn Dolphins, he's done it for longer and Miami had young WRs it wanted to give playing time to and it needed as well to rebuild, so they made hte trade. This is a move normally made by teams that are clearly in the midst of rebuilding and need draft picks. The dolphins fit that mold perfectly last year.

Marshall can still be an elite WR but for now Chambers has had a bigger impact on both Dolphins/Chargers and done it for longer and done it better then Marshall has.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    If you think Chambers was traded because he is not a great receiver, you aren't paying attention.

The Dolphins were going NOWHERE, and had started the rebuilding process. They gave up Chambers for a 2nd round pick that could help them accomplish that. They were losing with Chambers, so they could continue losing without him and start stocking up on draft picks.

I don't watch enough Broncos games to know if Marshall is worth a damn, but Chambers made a difference here immediately, and I am thrilled the Chargers have him.

28. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    WHAT!!!??? :icon_wtf: Of coarse you're saying that, cuz Marshall is a Bronco...If Chambers was a bronco you wouldn't have said that comment...:icon_evil: That just cancels out what you said.

The Chambers trade was second only to the Moss trade. Chambers in not an elite receiver?

29. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I will admit it is the Homer in me saying that. Marshall I have to admit is a solid WR, I noticed that the first year we played against him. Big and strong. Dude is a gamer but Chambers has done it longer and on a real bad Dolphin team with stiffs throwing to him being double covered. Like it was mentioned earlier, he wasn't traded because he was bad, on the contrary, he was traded because it was the only stud the Fish had left and they were so bad they were already thinking rebuild. He would have cost them some cap too and we had and still have a lot of cap room left. Unlike many other teams in the league.

30. BrOnCoS/32/33

BrOnCoS/32/33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    :icon_huh:
    Let me quote myself
    Do you really think chamber is an elite receiver? These are elite receivers
    Rice,Moss,T.O,Chad Johnson...Would you really put Chambers on that list?...I'm not putting Marshall on that list do i want to yea but he's not an elite receiver and chambers isn't either.