1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

ESPN Pallate Cleanser: The 2005 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Apr 10, 2008.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38

Note: take any content that ESPN writes worth a grain of salt, but this is nice props, next week they'll bash Merriman and call him a bust. That's Journalism in the age of narcissism.

1. San Francisco 49ers -- LB Shawne Merriman, Maryland
    '05 team needs: QB, FS, WR, DE, CB, OLB, RB, C
    Actual selection: QB Alex Smith, Utah
    It's still too early to tell if Smith is a bust. But if he can't produce for new offensive coordinator Mike Martz, who knows how to develop quarterbacks, the bust label fits. Even if Smith improves, he will never be as good as Merriman, who would be a great fit in the 49ers' 3-4 scheme and has future Hall of Famer written all over him.

Stan :rivers17:

PS: Since 2003 one of the AFC West dwarves = my favorite punching nag this season the Donkies have had 37 picks in the drafts from 2003 to 07, 17 of them are already out of the league, according the TSN only one is considered an above average player: LB DJ Williams. ONE! :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

3. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    This "If my grannie had wheels...." stuff does not amuse me. The three year update of draft grades does, though. The current political pollsters have apparently be attending seminars taught by these guys.

4. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    they gave us the only A:tup:

5. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    Can someone post the text of the ESPN Insider article?

6. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    According to the three year grades, we clearly had the best draft in '05. When next year's three year grades come out, we will have clearly had the best draft in 2006 (Cro, McNeill, Whitehurst and Manu for a 4th rounder). AJ is freakin' God.

7. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Where the hell have you been? :icon_shrug:

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Incredibly busy, I've been lurking some, but there's been so little going on that I have not felt motivated to post. With the draft coming up, hoepfully we'll have something to talk about.