1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

ESPN Panel mixed on Chargers VS Jets

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LT-Express, Oct 20, 2011.

1. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
  2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,413
    I think Mangini is a douche, and Rice predictably went with the better WR corp...... no surprises there.

3. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Depends on how the Chargers defend the pass and how Rivers plays.

The Bolts can stop the run when they know its coming, but if Sanchez starts to find Holmes, and they get the play action working, it's going to be a long day for the SD D.

Also, the RZ BS and Rivers TOs have to stop if the Chargers are going to win. Clary and McNeill have to step it up. Rivers can't challenge Revis. Let's face it, Rivers has been throwing a few wounded ducks up in the air every game. He's gonna have to keep it tight and wired against Revis. Pick on Cro instead.

4. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606

Holy **** that analysis was bad.
    Mangini: "West coast teams can't play the early game on the east coast."
    Rice: "I really like Vincent Jackson."​

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,158
    THIS http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks (also from ESPN) is probably a little
    more comforting for nervous Bolt fans: 8 of 10 going with Chargers.

(Count me among the nervous: these two teams look VERY even right now)

6. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    I'm not nervous, I see this as two very different teams. One finds ways to win the game, the other seemingly finds ways to lose. After that display on Monday against the Fish I'm not nervous whatsoever.

7. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    I say, just get your popcorn ready and we'll all see what happens on Sunday...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    Rex’s big mouth may come back to bite him big time this week – the players already had Norv’s back, but that fat blowhard personally insulted Turner & his coaching abilities (even if Ryan apologized & claimed that was not his intention) was not only a shot at Norv, but many of the current Chargers players as well. They all have a chance to “respond” where it really counts (on the field of play) and if we win, naysayers will likely shout “They still haven’t beaten a team with a winning record!”

That won’t matter, it’ll be a big win if we can get it and we really need to. Oakland has already beaten this team, they’re making a serious push for the division this year and heaven forbid, it could all come down to common opponents between us!

9. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    F the Jets

• Like Like x 1
  10. SD Charger Fans in Austin

SD Charger Fans in Austin BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    Defend the pass? Against who Dirty Sanchez? No worries there, Sanchez is one of the most over rated QBs in the modern era. I didnt believe in him when he played for USC and I still dont.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Is he really that overrated? I mean I wouldn't go as far as saying he's one of the most overrated QBs. He's incredible average or below average but I don't see anyone saying he's elite or upper-echelon (Tony Romo for instance, actually Mike Vick is probably a lot more overrated even though he's good). Sanchez is not good but I at least don't hear too many people claiming otherwise.

12. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Sanchez is good at managing the game and that's about it. He hasn't taken that next step into becoming the QB they hoped and wanted him to be.

13. SD Charger Fans in Austin

Ratings:
    +15
    Maybe there is some embelishment in my previous statement. Romo and Vick have had great momments, and will continue to do so. Sanchez has been overhyped since the Jets won a play-off game in 2009. Analysts always talk about his great play-off stats, and how he is going to be a great QB. Not going to happen. Some are finallystarting to jump off that wagon. So maybe I should have said pre-emptively overated, having never accomplished anything.

14. SD Charger Fans in Austin

Ratings:
    +15
    Tebow is of course a very pre-emptively over-rated QB, but there are just as many critics as fanatics. So lets call that one even.

15. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Sanchez to Holmes or Burress will work against the Bolts at key points in time IF the Jets get the run moving.
    It's happened before...

16. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Man San Diego has to win this game.. coming off a bye week at that? mane we had too long to prepare for this team and Norv taking a lil shot back at Rex should fire the team up.. Chargers 31-17 ... I like what Takeo spikes brings to that defense

17. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    The Chargers (once again) are perfectly capable of winning this game. That said, they are also totally capable of losing it (hello New England).

I was not impressed with Burress, especially last week vs MIA. Overall, I think LT catching passes in the flat is far more dangerous than their other WR's. They also have Mangold back for a 2nd game, he definitely makes a difference in the Jets oline play. As for their defense, if the zebras let them get away with murder again this week, we could be in trouble there. (Yes Revis you DID mug Brandon Marshall and get away with it, but he's a douche so I don't really care)

I do worry about our red zone offense, our recent lack of 7s and settling for 3s has been a huge part of our struggles to put sub-par teams to bed. I don't worry too much about our defense. They're not the best to ever play but they're reliable and they play hard. The veteran leadership we have on hand helps a lot I think, especially b/c these are guys who are willing to teach the youngins instead of worry about them taking their starting spot. The Jamadian will make some highlight reel plays this week, I just have a feeling.

Just bring home the W boys. Ugly or Pretty - I don't give a crap what it looks like so long as it goes in the left column.

• Like Like x 1