1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

ESPN ranks the WRs

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Jul 11, 2007.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=2921051

We are
    23. San Diego Chargers
    The Chargers recognized their weakness at wide receiver and were aggressive in their selection of Craig Davis in the first round of this year's draft. Davis brings something that this great offense was lacking -- speed on the edge. Obviously, Antonio Gates is the featured receiver in San Diego's offense, but Davis' deep speed will force defenses to stay honest, which should open up room for both Gates in the middle of the field and for LaDainian Tomlinson in the run game. Eric Parker has great hands and good quickness. He will play a valuable role and should begin the season as a starter. The Chargers have a rare bird in Vincent Jackson, who is a massive wideout with impressive physical tools. This could be his breakout season. Jackson has become an effective blocker as well and can be key in springing Tomlinson on long runs. Keenan McCardell's stay in San Diego is over and this is now a young group on the rise.

WE are ahead of Jacksonville, Oakland, Kansas City, Houston, Minnesota, Tenneseee, SF and TB. Washington is just ahead of us

• Like Like x 1
  2. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    I dont know why, but i was :icon_rofl: when i read that, cant remember the last time i heard someone referred to as a Rare Bird

• Like Like x 1
  3. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Bird should be cooked all the way through, steak on the other hand...

4. Buttmunch

Ratings:
    +108
    Can't really be too surprised. I am glad that others realize we have some "up and comers" on this team. I love Gates, but I want our WR's to make a name for themselves in the league too. I will be watching VJ like a hawk this year.

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    This ball watcher has a good feeling aobut our Receiving corps. Great Tight Ends and some young Receivers who are showing that they can be really good. I think they will prove to be a strength this season.

6. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    every body talks about receivers needing about three years to become good...

how long have VJ and MF been around?:icon_huh:

7. Buttmunch

Ratings:
    +108
    This is it for VJ in terms of having a breakout year (3 yrs). Although, even if he takes a step back this year (which I think he won't), that still wouldn't force AJ into taking a WR high in next years draft in my opinion.

Floyd has 2 yrs under his belt. Given all the changes he's made to his body, I actually expect MF to grow exponentially as a player this year.......more so than VJ given the fact that MJ will be a major red zone weapon for us (taking the heat off of Gates). He just needs to stay healthy, but that's why I think he did the right thing with his body during the off-season. I still remember the catch he made again the Steelers last year (I went down for that game).

8. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Right again, Robin! That ESPN attitude will, with all fervent hope, last atleast through our first two games. :yes:

9. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Our WR's have to nut up and catch the rock this year, there is no turning back. This team has been building since, well hell it seems like forever. I'll go with 04, and I am one Charger fan that doesn't want to see, hear or make anymore excuses. We have to win it all this year!!!:bolt2: