1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

ESPN re-ranks all the playoff teams in their areas

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Jan 8, 2008.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
  2. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Sigh .. ESPN and their lists.

3. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
  4. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Ain't that the truth! I had a subscription to FHM, and it died. So to compensate me for issues I had paid for, that wouldn't be coming, they gave me a subscription to ESPN The Dogshit. I blaze through it pretty quickly, as there is little in there that interests me. And since I am an old curmudgeon, I don't fit their demographic.

5. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Yeah .. I can understand that .. To recap the last issue. They were trying to convince the readers why we should like Belicheat. :tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    LOL.

ESPN beat writer goes to the Pats HQ to do an interview:

Interview Kit:
    1) Recording Device.
    2) Note Pad
    3) Writing Implement
    4) Knee Pads
    5) K.Y.

• Like Like x 2
  7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I must be a sucker for punishment because here's where we rank

QB: 8th (Dead Last) - that's offensive that Eli Manning's higher
    RB: 1st (No surprise)
    WR: 7th (we dropped because Gates is out)
    OL: 4th (Obviously holding Haynesworth and Vandenbosch to nothing doesn't mean anything)
    DL: 3rd (Behind the Patriots)
    LB: 2nd (behind Dallas, AGAIN)
    DB: 6th (Titans not a 'suitable test')
    ST: 3rd (offensive)
    Coaching: 8th (no surprise)

8. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942

Plus, they'd have to knock Peter King out of the way before assuming the position.

9. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    Opps, Forgot 6) Cattle Prod to move that heffer.

10. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    ESPN Ranking

1 NE QB1 RB 6 REC 1 OL 1 DL 2 LB 6 DB 3 ST 2 coach 1 total 23
    2 D QB 3 RB 3 REC 4 ol 2 dl 4 lb 1 db 5 st 1 coach 6 =29
    3. Ind qb 2 rb 4 rec 2 ol 3 dl 8 lb 5 db 1 st 8 coach 2 = 35
    4. Green Bay 4 7 3 7 5 3 2 5 5 41
    5. San Diego 8 1 7 4 3 2 6 3 8 42
    6. Seattle 5 8 5 8 6 4 4 4 3 47
    7. Jacksonville 7 2 8 5 7 7 7 6 4 53
    8. New York 6 5 6 6 1 8 8 7 7 54

There it is.

No way is Eli better than Rivers or Garrard imop. The OL is very subjective as well. When it comes to power run blocking the Jags are number 1. The Pats look good due to Brady getting the ball out so fast. If it is a cold rainy , snowy , windy January day in Foxboro you will see the difference big time as the Pats will not be able to spread the offense and hide their OL.

Anyone who thinks that the Jags DL is 7th on the list is crazy. I was in Jacksonville and the Chargers have one of the best OL in football along with the best RB and the Jags played run defense like one of the best run defense lines around.

Henderson is real good his hamstring may slow him down. The Giants get all the publicity due to Strahan and they looked good vs the Bucs but come on the Bucs stink.

The Chargers , N.E. and the Jags are the top three and the SeaHawks don't get any credit , Pat Kerney is playing as well as you can play right now.

Dallas 1# at LB :no: that is funny. The Chargers have the best LB group in football and it isn't close. The SeaHawks and the Jags have a real good group that gets no press .

ESPN has the Colts having the best DB in the playoffs....WRONG they have the best single safety but not the best DB group. The Colts hide the CB with a real good pass rush , CB Kelvin Hayden , CB Marlin Jackson and FS Antoine Bethea don't scare anyone and they have a lot of DNP next to their reserves.

The Pack has a pretty good set of CB but call me a homer I love the Chargers CB group especially in the nickle and dime. Cromatie who leads the N.F.L. in INT and Jammer who has to be the best run support corner in football are joined by Drayton Florence who will be starting next year for a N.F.L. club near you and rookie sensation Eric Weddle form a good looking group.

The Jags get no respect here again no one has a better safety set than Sammy Knight and rookie sensation Reggie Nelson. The Jags also line up all - pro Rashean Mathis along with CB Brian Williams however they allow a bend don't break style so the CB allow some under neath passes so they get a bad rep. However try and go long and watch out.

Knight also rings a lot of WR Bells , watch out Randy Moss.

The SeaHawks have a better DB than the Colts as well in fact Marcus Trufant maybe the best CB in football.

ST is up in the air for the Bolts as for as Nate goes but nobody has a better Punter than the Chargers and our coverage teams are a weapon.

I guarantee that the Jags have the worst punter in the playoffs and they may suffer big time as a result.