1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

ESPN: Sunday Conversation with LT

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, May 4, 2008.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    <object width="440" height="361"><param name="movie" value="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3380857"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><embed src="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3380857" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="440" height="361" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    hearing him talk about retiring sent a cold shiver down my spine, that's something I never thought about but isn't a pleasant thought at all

having said that he's probably going to stay in for a good 5-6 more years

3. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    I caught this out of the corner of my eye this morning and had the same reaction. His tone was just down, he sounds more upbeat usually. Maybe he was just having a bad day?

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Maybe he heard some jack-holes calling him a *****.:unsure:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    The big question comes when his current contract ends in 2011, I believe. Once we get to that point, I think it will come down to whether or not we have won a Superbowl by then.

God, if LT retires without a Superbowl, than something is not right with this sport......

6. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192

:unsure:

7. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    LT is the Greatest Of All Time!

8. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    I think the things people said about him, hurt him more than he is letting on. Deon is definitely on his **** list.

I am sure he hears what the fans say as well and that I would guess hurt the most. Fans are suppose to have your back. He has given everything he could to this team and I for one, am very thankful he is wearing the lightning bolts. :bolt: :tup:

Fuk the Fantards and Mediots. :icon_finger:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    He is going to be a terror this year because of how last year ended. That said, the criticisms were not without merit. His comments about not doing anything differently are just pig headed.

I really don't care who is on the team, who is happy, who is on roids, who wants to be traded, who is coaching... I don't care about any of that crap. I care about winning a Lombardi, and until that happens I will demand perfection from the guys playing on my team. We had a golden opportunity to take the next step last year, and for whatever reason it didn't work out. This year, like all years, brings a new opportunity. I hope we are able to capitalize this time or I am going to be pissed.

10. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    And there's not a damn thing we,as fans, can do about it. :no:

11. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Trusting in AJ is about as empowered as I've ever felt. This has been a fun quest that we are on. It's going to get better.

12. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    we need to get him his Lombardi

13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I want LT to get the rushing title.

Not go out like Barry Sanders, with the record in sght, but turning away from it.

14. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    When you are at the point of not caring about who is on the team or playing, all that matters is winning the Lombardi, you seize to be a true fan. True fans embrace the players in any given era. It is not just the wins that matter; it is the way that they are achieved. LT has been a winner on and off the field; he has given us fans, a lot to cheer about. Real fans don’t bust a player’s chops because he or she had a bad game/day, they reinforce their support, and cheer their team on in good times and bad.

Being a fan…it is all about the players and the community in which they play. It has nothing to do with the trophy they have or could earn.

Although, winning the Lombardi would be DAMN SWEET!

• Like Like x 3
  15. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    LT Down?

Maybe he heard about how some dumbfucqs said he "puzzed out". :tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192

I pity the runningback that has to start after LT is gone. People don't seem to appreciate what they got in LT, but they'll realize it after he's gone. Players like him don't come around very often..........

• Like Like x 1
  17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Nah... At first the football Mensa's will be singing his praise, then turn on him the way they do all players... Only to years later justify their angst, claiming it made him a better player, and they loved him all along...

But thy will always believe the excrement they spew... No matter how foul the smell of it, and them is.

18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    :clap :clap: :clap: The Derwins of the world should print this, put it in their wallets and read it daily...:yes::lol:

19. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Thank you for letting me know what it takes to be a "real fan", and thank you for letting me know that I am not one by your definition.

Reading your definition is what I would call a blind homer. But I am not arrogant enough to think that I can define what being a fan means to other people, only myself.

20. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Whenever people start throwing around terms like "real fan" I get the creeps.

21. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Why are you so obsessed with me? :icon_huh:

22. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I dont know, I have heard it from the 'LT is a ***** croud...' some just dont see things from those they run with I gues...

But in short I agree with you on the Real Fan. The point of the message is valid none the less in my opinion...:yes:

23. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    It is like watching a car wreck, you cant turn away, no matter how ugly and disgusting it is...:yes:

24. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    1. Please point to where anyone in that crowd ever used the term "real fan" and suggested that people with a differing viewpoint were not "real fans".

2. The point that Holy Bolt was making was that we should all be mindless cheerleaders and that the players are all above criticism which is simply just not the case. This includes LT.

This reminds me of right after 9-11 and how people were torn to shreds for bad mouthing the President (Dixie Chicks comes to mind). Now here we are 7 years later and people are ripped to shreds for SUPPORTING him. :lol: Time changes a lot of perspectives, and like I said, I am not arrogant enough to try and tell other people what makes a "real fan" even if they don't agree with my opinion and think that my hero pussed out.

25. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    A1) Go look at Eldwins posts. He loves to deem people who disagree with him and not 'real fans'.

A2) I think you point of view is jaded in this matter. What you demand he is saying is not what I take away from it. But I understand, it doesnt support your position so you attack.

I dont care for your political views on 9-11. Take it to the political threads please.

You do tell people what makes a real fan in the opinions you post. You do argue the opinions of others. When you disagree with people that is what you are doing. You have done it in the past, and will do so in the future. That is kinda the point about these forums isnt it? For example, your hackles are up because holy bolt postesd his opinion, and I posted a responce to it. So it could be drawn from this that only EC and friends may deem what is t 'real fan'.:lol:

I think if you backed off for a sec you might find a message in Holy Bolt's post that you can agree with.

26. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    This topic has been picked apart. I have nothing new to add to it. But I do agree with EC that we should all toke more reefer. :nana_rasta:

27. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    He said that?:icon_huh:

:lol:

28. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    One can aspire to perfection, devote you time and effort to achieving it and urge that same pursuit on to others. What you can't to is demand. It exists only as an abstract and demanding is acting like Canute, commanding the tides to bend to his will. The ONLY thing you can legitimately demand is someone's best.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    LT is a puss.

:lol: