1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

ESPN Todd McShay Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by AnteaterCharger, Feb 6, 2008.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,642
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/insider/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=3231292

27. San Diego Chargers -- Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College
    Record: 11-5 | Needs: RG/ROT, NT, FB, RB
    Previous mock selection: Dan Connor, MLB, Penn State
    The Chargers can select the best available athlete if they want, but the right side of their offensive line could use an upgrade, and Cherilus projects as a solid starting right tackle in the NFL. Cherilus' stock is on the rise following his impressive showing at the Senior Bowl.

While I really like this pick up and I think Cherilus is a beast, I'd swear I dind't see Kenny Phillips (S Miami) anywhere on the draft board as being chosen before 27. Would you guys get him over Cherilus? I would

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'm not completely sold on Cherilous as our 1st round pick.

Any of you locals seen this guy? :icon_shrug:
    http://condraft.com/database/mountain-west/san-diego-state/brandyn-dombrowski/

Sounds like a beast & is projected to go in the later rounds.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,642
    Sounds alot like Scott Mrzucowski who i want to be our RG
    Cherilous sounds like a damn good prospect to me but I still like Clary as our RT

4. matt1187

matt1187 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    I've probably seen him at the dining hall (Cuic). The O-line has to eat there 3 times a day I hear. I'll keep an eye out.

5. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Cherilus would be a huge improvement over Clary.

Clary is a solid backup but he isnt that good a starter which says a lot about Olivea. I did not like Olivea much at all.

PS,.............. i just cant stand how slow this site is now.

6. Bergo23

Bergo23 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    McShay seems to be another "like minded media" dweeb and a product of ESPN empire, so I usually don't take his Mock seriously....but O do believe they would give strong consideration to Gosder (he would be a close second to Nanee on his name on our roster). Another RT name to take seriously would be Carl Nicks who may have had a better Senior Bowl week than Cherilus. I think they are 1 and 1a of RT choices at #27.

I still lean toward beef, but a DB is a possibility and if Kenny Phillips is available he would be tough to pass up to play alongside Weddle for the future. We already have a talented tweener in Oliver, so I don't see us drafting Reggie Smith, but Cro squared would be crazy to think about. He could eventually move Jammer to safety.......can you imagine having that much talent to our DB's? I have a suspicion Cro squared will be long gone at #27.