1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

ESPN's Chargers Team Preview

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Aug 27, 2008.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
  2. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Yeah..been there done that.

3. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    There appears to be a faster start and a different attitude starting out this season. I doubt the wisdom of the decision, but Merriman's decision to play will be an emotional boost for this team. I doubt how effective he can be with a knee like that, but he is a shot of adrenalin when he's around. He better also cool it with the sack dance with that knee, too.

4. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Last season it took a few games for the players and the coaches to get on the same page. By the end of the season we had a well oiled machine until the injuries decimated our offense. This year should not begin with a slow start like last season. It seems to me that we have built our defense to counter the spread offensive sets that the Colts and Patriots use, and we get them both at home. If the players can stay healthy and the injured ones get well soon, I really like our chances for playing in Tampa in February

P.S. I recall that the last time we lost Merriman for 4 games we went 4 - 0, I hope he can play at a high level in the brace and with the pain but if he has to shut it down at some point during the season I think we will be alright.

Go Chargers!!!

:abq2::flag::abq1:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Oh Man, that IS a lot of love for a change. I agree with them on the Bolts maybe being the biggest shoo-in for division title and 1st round bye. One of the things I really have enjoyed hearing from soooo many different writers and analists is what us Charger fans have said all along. Had we been healthy against the Patsies, the SB match-up very easily could have been Chargers vs Gnats. I would have liked our chances there :bolt:

6. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    The season starts with 0-0 and a double digit division champion is a long and windy way to go. Everything
    can happen on any given Sunday. But with those expertise
    we can start to be proud of our 2008 team.