1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

ESPN's Clayton says look for many trades after June 1st

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by O'reilly, Aug 22, 2006.

1. O'reilly

O'reilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +454
    Due to the new CBA which states that trades made after June 1st do not impact the current years cap...they only affect the next years cap...look for lots of movement.....Donnie? :icon_eek:

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I think Shammy also said something where deals done before June 1st could even be worked in a way that they apply as if they were actually done after that cutoff date, therefore having the cap hit take place next season.

:icon_huh:

3. O'reilly

Ratings:
    +454
    So there is still hope for Donnie to reunite with Drew...:lol:

4. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    dunno, thought the chargers were millions under cap anyways? Not sure how much this impacts them or their situation. doesn't seem like they've been signing up the FA's like snyder does...

course, I totally have faith that you posters will show me my dumbassedness...:D

• Like Like x 1
  5. O'reilly

Ratings:
    +454
    It could also impact us by the other division teams making trades...

6. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    ...Yeah, I hate them. Sometimes have trouble thinking about them. But, what does it matter.:icon_shrug: If Den and KC want to wind up in the same situation as SF, I don't get it. Putting off paying the contracts or whatever has not worked for any team yet. Are they hoping that the cap will rise every year to make up for it or are they planning on signing FA's on a yearly basis...???:icon_confused:

• Like Like x 1
  7. O'reilly

Ratings:
    +454
    I have just been truly amazed with how Shanahan has managed the cap in Denver...they have been perennial Playoff contenders for about as long as he has been there and they spend like money grows on trees...they got spanked once by The League and lost a 3rd round draft choice, but that same year they were awarded a 3rd rounder for some other reason that escapes me right now...but IIRC they wasted it on Maurice Clarrett...:icon_rofl:
    But other than that, trade after trade and FA after FA, they have managed the cap as well as anyone...better in fact...:icon_evil:

8. NYchargerfan

NYchargerfan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60

I know, they should be our rivals... not those freaks in Oaktown..
    Shanny the Rat AKA Skeletor has done a superb job in Denver and are always a contender... lets hope the loss of Kubiak does something to bring Denver back to the pack a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    We've hoped that every year for the past few.

10. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    So there is still hope for us to get some O-line help...

• Like Like x 1
  11. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Is there hope against hope?

12. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Agreed......we have until the WEEK 6 trading deadline.........

13. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    The Raiders will always be arch enemy number one. The Broncos are just trying to muscle in.....screw them as well........but the Raiders will always be the most hated (in most fans books).

14. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I hate the Donkos more than any other team. It's not even close.

Dickheads. Every one of them.

15. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    You will never convince anybody who witnessed the Holy Roller of that ....especially the old farts.....there is just too much bad blood and then seeing a fan get stabbed.....fuc the Raiders....

16. O'reilly

Ratings:
    +454
    Shanarat is a genius!!!!!

:icon_eek:

17. O'reilly

Ratings:
    +454
    Dude, there is a whole generation of Charger fans growing up only knowing how much the Raiders suck and wondering why all the hate for such a pathetic organization...:lol
    Their dominance over us is becoming a faint memory...
    We must teach these youngin's...

The Holy Roller
    The 1980 AFC Championship game
    Al Davis
    The Evil Empire
    The Disgusting Raider fans infestation of Our House

NEVER FORGET!!!

:bolt: :bolt: :bolt:

18. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Exactly, I was only three when the holy roller happened, but any Bolt fan worth his salt knows that the Turds were, are and always will be Enemy #1. It's not even close. The organization is evil, their fans are evil, and the world would be a better place if they'd never been brought forth into existence by Satan himself.

19. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    I CONCUR... I want a sweeeeeeeepppppp of their azzs this year...

20. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I don't need no stinkin holy roller play to hate teh raiders
    their existance and what one of their muthafrackin fans did to me is more then sufficient

• Like Like x 1
  21. NYchargerfan

Ratings:
    +60

The fan stabbing was truly appalling.. the Holy Roller is a bit before my time.

That Fouts team in the 80's had no business losing to the Bengals or the Raiders... we should have a lombardi by now.. the way I see it, the NFL owes us one from back in the day.

22. NYchargerfan

Ratings:
    +60

What happened loren? Did you get in a fight or something?

23. NYchargerfan

Ratings:
    +60
    Dont get me wrong guys.. I hate Raider fan and thier religion of scumbags as much as the next guy.

But I we are opening a decade of dominance on them..
    They are a non-factor..

Denver owns us of late though..

I will always hate the Raiders, but of late my venom for the donkey diks is getting more visceral.

24. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    I agree. Denver is Enemy #1 right now. The Raiders suck so bad that its like picking on a retarded kid. Their fans that think they are superbowl bound just may be retarded. As for Denver, thats a whole 'nother ballgame. They abuse that air pressure bonus of theirs too much. We need to get our team there early in the week and get the guys adjusted. Denver fans are usually as big of asses as Raider fans except alot of them actually know who is playing on the team. The Donkey Show must be stopped!

25. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I sure hope so. :icon_mrgreen:

26. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    You young'uns can not imagine the RAGE hardcore Bolt Fans felt that day...we got snookered, hornswaggled, cheated, bambozzled, and shat upon!!

That moment when the Refs signalled TD after they got together to figger out WTF had happened, is forever etched in my brain!!

No, the Donks are NOT the most hated amongst our AFC West rivals. They may be the most fearsome, the most bothersome, and yeah, Shanarat has created angst in 'Dago with his cheatin chop-blockin tactics, but frankly, thats cyclical.

No my young Bolt bretheren, the title of the most hated belongs to those asssholes in Chokeland...they are to be loathed and despised. The should be sent snivellin backta their hovels, like they were on Halloween Nite, '04, when Drew had mebbe his finest hour as a Charger QB, and the slaughter commenced on the very first drive.

Y'all axt me, that was the finest perfomance of ANY Charger QB!!

Hate is good!!

27. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    lmao. That's the truth.

A's fans are a pretty trashy bunch as well. Oakland is trash. Most everything there is dangerous. Driving through there is deadly. The ghetto's there are the worst in the state. It's horrible. And then the Raiders turn around and pander to the lowest level. And they still can't sellout a game. You can bring your kids to a Chargers game. Not in Oakland. People won't even go to the games because the fans are beligerant jerkstores and they'd rather not deal with them. How can anyone run a franchise like this? I mean, your fans actually drive people away by their actions.

28. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I know jdog has been to a game in Oakland wearing all his Charger gear. Super props to the jdog for that. I'd go if I were up that way, but I can't do the Monday night game with my work schedule. I'd love to be up there to watch the Bolts stomp those pathetic Faiders. I could bring my camera and see how many Faider fans I could catch sobbing. I will do it one season, but for now I'll just be at the Faider Charger game here in SD.

29. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I will never forget...........never :icon_evil: