1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Eurobolts need advice

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by English, Apr 12, 2009.

1. English

English @tonywaters

Ratings:
    +92
    With the 2009 schedule being announced this Tuesday, Eurobolts are now planning our trip to SD for a game at The Q early in November.

We are looking to book a vacation apartment for a week and need to check in and out midweek as we intend to be there for all televised games over the weekend. There will be a minimum of 5 of us staying there.

Does anybody have local knowledge of such apartments? I have searched online and found so many sites it will take ages to search for what suits us best. If anybody can let us know of local websites offering apartments for short term hire it would help us out immensely.

The cheaper the deal the more money we will have for beer and to donate to deserving tailgates!

Thanks for any help.

English and friends.

2. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Thanks English for posting the Questions.

another idea was to ask if singles or couples of us can
    stay the week in San Diego at houses or appartments
    of Boltfans. If some of you have enough place to invite
    one or two of us Eurobolts to stay within the family
    would create a deep connection and exchange.
    Just think about it.

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
  4. English

English @tonywaters

Ratings:
    +92
    Thanks B4L. I've had a quick look at that site - seems to be some good properties there. I'll bookmark it and have a proper look when we have finally decided how many of us are travelling and on which dates.

Any suggestions welcome.

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Sure thing.

Suggestions...

They have quite a few place in Gaslamp Quarter. Great but pricey. You'll enjoy your stay there but can't be too tight on the wallet.

La Jolla... See above.

Mission Beach... Best recommendation and the places they list are reasonably priced. Very close to the beaches, Sea World, Down Town, Old Town, the zoo, the stadium, etc.
    Also see Pacific Beach, Ocean Beach, Sunset Cliffs, and Point Loma.

Hillcrest... Nice area, very affordable, but also very gay. Not that I have anything against gay people but that's what it is.

Oceanside... It's a decent area with some nice beaches and harbors but it's kind of far from everything. To get to San Diego, you'd need about 45 minutes. If the drive isn't a problem, you'd do better in Encinitas or Carlsbad.

Little Italy... Nice area right by Old Town. Which holds some major San Diego History. Short driving distance to the beaches, Sea World, Down Town, Old Town, the zoo, the stadium, etc. Plenty of public transportation too.
    Also see Mission hills.

6. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    If you going to make the trip, this is where you want to be. :tup:

7. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    You might want to do an internet search on Extended Stay America.

8. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I haven't been home in a few years but....

If I was going to visit the motherland I would stay in the Encinitas Leucadia area

you've got great beaches, and the Murph is only 30 minutes away

:icon_toast::icon_toast:

9. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Hmm...I know a guy that has a place down there. :lol:

Eruoboltfans, pm me with tradeoff ideas after the schedule is announced. Maybe we can work something out. Conc, Buck, LVBoltfan, B4L, other Bolttalkers can vouch for the quality of the accommodations.

10. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    :tup: :abq2: :tup: Superior to say the least!

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Oh man.... if you can rent out sdb's place, that's about as good as it gets!!!

English... are you planning to rent a car, use public transportation, or have you not decided yet?

12. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    My boss rents a cabin in big bear and because of it, also does exchanges with other folks around socal - I'll check with him and see if he knows of any san diego rentals that are a good fit - stay tuned!

13. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Tx for all the advice so far guys. SDB sounds like he might have a good idea for us!!. As for car etc, depends I guess. How practical is it to survive for 5 days without one?. I guess havin/not havin one will also dictate our options in terms of place to stay.

Cannot wait!. (if I can get the funds together!)

14. English

English @tonywaters

Ratings:
    +92

Thanks for all the advice; if we can't get something sorted from all this information then we really do have a problem.

We probably intend to hire a car and have already looked at a few sites for reasonably priced options. If we end up in accommodation close to good public transport links then we may not bother as we all like a drink when we're out and about. Time will tell on that one.

I'll pm sdbound as soon as we decide which game we're going to take in and when we know how many are going to make the trip. There are already 5 definately travelling with a few others still to decide.

Thanks again you guys, we'll keep letting you know our plans and appreciate your advice and recommendations.

Tony

15. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +347
    Any of the beach areas, or downtown area would allow for trolley use. (beach you would have to cab it to the trolley) Also, not sure what is around for rooms, but Old Town, ( www.oldtownsandiego.org ) has bars, restaurants, haunted house, a trolley station, and is central to beaches, downtown, and The Murph (Qualcomm)

This is nice when you are sipping our delicious American beers, and don't want to drive... Sierra Nevada Pale Ale... :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  16. English

English @tonywaters

Ratings:
    +92
    Thanks Syd - all input greatly appreciated.

17. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    I'm looking forward to a nice cold 'Fat Tire' meself!.

18. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Spoke to the bossman - he said to check out www.vrbo.com (vacation rentals by owner) that's where he finds rentals from and he's super snooty so there should definitely be some nice stuff on there. Just in case SDB's spot doesn't work out ;)

So excited that the Eurobolts will be making a cameo this season! You guys are some seriously dedicated fans :yes: Here's to an amazing trip! :icon_toast:

19. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    let us know when you decide what game. with buying a house don't know that i'll make more than one and would love to meet the Euros:icon_toast:

20. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072

I was at an Irish joint in Pensacola last week, and that Fat Tire sure tasted like an Irsh Red.

21. TheLash

Ratings:
    +715
    Have you tried Firestone Ale? Pretty drinkable and reminded me of an Irish Red

22. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Does it come from a Micro Brewery?

23. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Just set up your own PB pub crawl and you'll be fine. October/November is a great time of year in San Diego.

24. TheLash

Ratings:
    +715
  25. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
  26. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Would love to meet yourself and Mrs Lash!. We sure will keep yee posted as to our plans, hope to see u in SD in November!!.

27. clontarf_bolt

clontarf_bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +40
    yo DB, I kinda missed the start of the whole chat about you guys going over to SD in November...why does it have to be November?? :bolt:

28. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    We kinda said November back when we were in Wembley (like a 1 yr anniversary deal). After that early November is when it more suits the troops. I know u said September or even August (do not waste ur time and money goin for preseason), hopefully u can push it back to Nov?.

29. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    That looks like a sweet deal!!!
    Great area. Lots of great stuff in walking distance.

30. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    yeah- i like the fact its near seaworld and the zoo:tup: