1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Evaluating our defense vs the Seahawks

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Bigkdb

Bigkdb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +73
    Oh no, I'n not giving up on the season yet, I'm just waiting till we can solve what was supposed to be our strength a couple years ago on defense.

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,453
    Well, if we sign Franklin, we could move Lissemore to Reyes's spot on 1st and 2nd down, and bring in Reyes on 3rd down. He still has some value against the pass, but he's ineffective stopping the run.

Just a thought. ;)

3. tito

tito BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +132
    I think they will wait until the cuts start coming in and make another Guy type signing, instead of going after an unsigned player.

4. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,453
    They may...... won't give the guy much time to get up to speed though.

5. tito

tito BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +132
    True and we are short players right now, but you'd think they'd be getting something done no later than tomorrow if they want to sign an older street FA.

6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,696
    At this point if wonder if there is real good reason guys like Franklin and Sopoaga haven't been signed. I'm not confident either will be much better than what we have in Geathers or Carrethers.

I think Tito brough up a good point though, maybe it's Don Johnson that should be under fire. 3 years in and Reyes looks worse than he did as a rookie. He had all the necessary athletic ability, he has a good head on his shoulders, it's amazing that his technique is so terrible. (I'm talking how he turns sideways, losing all strength and leverage getting pushed literally into the secondary)

7. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,453
    Good question...... how does a guy who looked promising regress, when he hasn't suffered a significant injury? Unless he's a lazy *** like Fat Albert, then coaching has to be a concern.

8. Bigkdb

Bigkdb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +73
    Is it too early for me bag on Pagano...I'd say Reyes technique or lack there of has to do with coaching

9. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +310
    No, no, no....nothing that YOU said......I was just referencing those early comparables hype talk right after the Bolts drafted him.....sorry for the confusion. :cool: