1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Even if they lose...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by OverVolt, Nov 18, 2007.

1. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Today the Bolt are showing me something...2:23 left to go.
    Rivers is playing a good game, and showing something...the O-line is playing tough.

• Like Like x 1
  2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    The Bolts hung tough, but they lost this game in the first half. Their defense couldn't get off the field.

Rivers had a good game, but I don't know what he was looking at on the last drive. On the play where he threw the INT, Rivers had Buster open on a comeback and Gates open across the middle. Not sure why he forced the throw.

3. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    I feel better about this loss, than last weeks win.

4. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    The team did show me something today. The defense gave up too many points in the first half, and the offense stalled out on two of the drives.

I liked the way we mixed up the playcalling, we didn't keep forcing the run, and the offensive line gave Rivers time to make the throws needed. Rivers also did somewhat of a better job moving around the pocket and stepping into his throws. Chambers was great, and LT did a nice job catching passes out of the backfield. The interior line did not have a great day, especially in run blocking. The defense did well enough in the second half, except for Jacksonville's touchdown drive, that killed us, and the defense made it way too easy.

Overall I'm getting the feeling that things are starting to come together, I understand that it is only one game, but I think that the offense is starting to get a grasp on the playcalling, and we're starting to show some sparks. We need to finish the drives, and STOP WITH THE PENALTIES! Luckily the division is allowing us to take our sweet time in finding our offense. If we do find it, watch out!

5. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Rivers had good yardage numbers, but he threw very poor passes to the sides today. Looked good over the middle.

He is not "feeling" the game IMO...To much reaction to the pass rush, routes ran etc...

TBF

6. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Me too kinda...

7. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Is it like saying you got raped, but at least not anal raped.

All joking aside, I know what you guys are saying, but that last gift from Rivers is a tough pill to swallow.

8. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    I agree, the O-line did a much better job of protecting Rivers today than they have all season, and LT finally got some yardage too. But......a loss is a loss is a loss, and no matter how you sugarcoat it, it still sucks.

9. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148

Problem...Rivers played like they were in his face a bit today. Too many times he rushed a throw that didn't need to be rushed IMO.

That ball he floated 80 yards high and 40 yards down field in the 4th quarter is agood example of what I'm talking about....

I have been a Rivers supporter and I still think he has the game. This past week or 4 of hearing posters made me really take a look @ Rivers. He is just playing poorly right now in most aspects of his game.

TBF

10. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    OT...Did anyone see that throw by Randell El just made versus Dallas?

11. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

So than last weeks win is a win no matter how people try and sour it?

We showed more drive in the second half than we have all season.

12. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    ****** secondary got exposed yet again in the 1st half. Offense was playing from behind all day. We made strides, but an L is still an L, and L ****ing suck ***.

Die McCree

13. skawash

skawash BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    :lol::lol::lol:

14. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    :abq2:
    It's great to see that many of us saw the same things today...and I definitely agree, this team played a better game in this loss than they did last week in the win.
    I don't know if this team is turning any sort of corner, but at least they played with heart, and mental toughness in the second half, and that's a start.
    Yeah, that last gift from Rivers was tough to handle, but he IS still very young in terms of starts and that's just going to happen when he's working hard to make the plays. The important thing is he threw some excellent passes, made many good decisions, kept his eyes down the field, and generally showed that he can lead his team into the jaws of hell. (if need be)
    Overall I think the D played OK, no real pass pressure, and that hurt the secondary. However they hung tough against the run and held a physical running offense with a very good passing QB down in the second half.
    If these guys can play like they did in the second half they WILL finish very strong...looking at the schedule, could be 11-5...but that's a little myopic considering overall play this year...maybe 10-6???

Anyway, it's good to see the people in here that know this game can slam this team when they win like they did last week, and find the good when they lose one like this...here to the hope of finishing strong:icon_toast:

15. Yngwie77

Yngwie77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17
    this is what it's come to huh! We played hard. Just shoot me now. What a disappointment this season is.

16. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    spin it any way you want

but

PR is absolutely giving games away

I don't care what he "shows"

dude needs to sit

17. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    That would make your wife a widow, right? :icon_tease:

18. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    If he had a game like last week, I'd agree.

But...none of his picks this week were turned into points. The last one was a bad read. And usually he who turns the ball over last, loses.

I place this L on the D.

Saw Merriman talking to a reported on Football Night in America. He was pissed.

19. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

There's no way Rivers "gave this game away"...what actually happened was he didn't finish...he made a mistake that ALL young QB's make when at the end of the game and they're trying to hard to make something happen.
    I know it's hard, but you gotta remember he's got what, 27 starts under his belt.
    This loss is on our first half defense, and their complete lack of pass rush throughout the whole game. Garrard looked like a pro bowler back there. We had no impact players on defense...AGAIN.

One thing I did like today was the playcalling, as much as I dislike Norv as a HC, his playcalling today was as good as Cameron's when he was at his best.
    Today he got LT to the outside on several pitches, and threw more on first down, giving Rivers a better chance to succeed. I noticed the Jag's playing eight in the box, and Norv's playcalling got them out of it.