1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

even tho its early

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by charger1993, Aug 22, 2010.

1. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    Ok hear me out before i get torn apart, i know its the pre-season,but im a optimistic person, so im already looking forward, and pieces to the team are missing, i know we need to see how last years draft went, but what looks like our main goal already from pre-season? so ive came up with a mock draft even tho it may not be perfect. and so far im not sure if i got the draft picks in order but u get it

RD1(28). San Diego Chargers
    Da’Quan Bowers, DE/OLB, Clemson
    Merriman will be a UFA, while Bowers brings some athleticism and instincts to a position of need for the Chargers.

RD2(36)"via the jackson trade to the seahawks"
    De'andre Mcdaniel,S,Clemson a hard hitting ball hawking safety,

Rd2(52)"cro trade to jets"
    Terrence Toliver,WR,LSU this just screams aj and hey he's 6 ft 4 big receiver with 4.49 speed

RD2(56)
    Derek Sherrod,OT, Mississippi state, big guy that could break out and put mcneil out if he wants to sit forever,

RD3(?)
    Marcus Cannon ot,tcu bye bye clary

2. Bergo23

Bergo23 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    man, I thought I was a draftnik!!!

All of those needs you mention with the potential picks are real, except safety. I say use all those picks to trade up and get a bluechip LT, which Big Mac never was.

I also hope the English/Lang duo prove to fill Merriman's exit.

3. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    yea ima a draft nut, and i like the safety pick for one reason jammer wont have long before hes heading out due to age, and de,andre could be his solution

4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Why pick a saftey to replace Jammer?

Its a tough year to start targeting underclassmen, because if the NFL is going to be in lockout next year they may just stay in college.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    if anything JAmmer will eventually move to safety but that's still two or three years away. So look at corner, and I'd see if maybe i can get better at that position especially if Cason is average.

I'm more interested in taking a tackle with the first round unless Dombrowski just turns into a freak of nature. Nate Soldier or Nate Potter i think are better pure left tackles. Then from there I could go to another OLB, especially because Phillips is really getting on my nerves

6. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Lets wait until the actual regular season starts before jumping to conclusions on what positions will be of need next year. Anyone can have a breakout season... so just chill until a few weeks into the season

7. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    o i agree, this thread is just based on pre-season so far, and de'andre mcdaniel will be a senior next year. but he plays like a corner i was looking at the versatillity of him,rather than the pick, but i agree on waiting, its just somethin to do while the pre-season is still going

8. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
  9. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162