1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Everyone needs to CHILL

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Electric Chair, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    We had a bad game. It happens. This was a classic trap game with Indy coming in next week. The team simply overlooked Minnesota. It doesn't take away from the positives that have come out of the three weeks leading into this. Our division is dog ****, we should get to the playoffs regardless of today, and as long as we can get healthy and finish the season on a roll, anything can happen in January.

Let's not overreact.

BTW, I feel honored to have witnessed the single greatest performance EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL BY A RB today. MAJOR PROPS and CONGRATS to Adrian Peterson for a day that will go down in history. It was awesome to watch, and my only problem with it is that it was against us.

Bring on the Colts. :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Agreed and keep in mind we were coming off a very emotional game that was won in the first twenty minutes or so. We have the talent, we're young (for the most part) and the majority of this talent will be here for the foreseeable future give or take a few D-Flo's.

:bolt:

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
  4. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I agree. Everyone just chill. I am. I have come to terms with the fact that the Chargers are not going to win the Superbowl this year. Playoffs? Maybe. But Superbowl? Certainly not. So just kick back, enjoy the individual performances, and prepare for a very mediocre season. This type of mindset will keep you sane. I'm as calm as can be right now.

If you cannot get into this relaxed mode... then prepare to drink yourself into oblivion. (Or, "Bolivian" as Mike Tyson would say). Self-medication is sometimes the only answer for people who are unable to come to grips with reality. :icon_party:

EDIT: BTW, EC... Your avatar is drivin' me crazy. I wanna butter those buns with my tongue.

• Like Like x 1
  5. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I was over it as soon as the clock expired, some folks just got to hang on to there own pain.

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    if you think that's bad then get ready for the orgy that is the NE Patriots beating the Indy Colts to commence, that'll put you on suicide watch

7. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    WHEN we beat the Clots next week, people will be sky high yet again.

Teams are allowed to have bad games. It's the NFL. **** happens.

8. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    People get way too high after wins, and way too low after losses. Bottom line is that the team played like crap and got their *** handed to them. We need to get some consistency on both the offensive and defensive lines, and in the playcalling. We're still tied for first because of the horrible division that's allowed us to **** around for half the season. We all need to be thankfull that the division isn't up to its usual snuff so far.

9. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    EC... you gotta stop setting these unreasonable expectations. People read this shiit and think it'll actually happen. Then they get all Chik'n Lil' and think LT should be benched, PR should be replaced by Volek, and Marty should return to his previous job.

Now, back to your avatar. I'm a married man. My wife was a cheerleader, but I doubt that's her butt in that picture. Wrong team colors and my wife has darker skin than that. still, I gotta say... those buns are just beggin' to be spanked!!!

10. utahcharger

utahcharger BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Overreact? I've watched this quarterback regress for the last year, and the coaching staff has no clue. We will not go anywhere this year when you run first down into the heart of the defense on every series. We are losers and we will continue to be, that's just the way it is.

11. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Yep, running into the teeth of their defense was uncalled for, but our defense wasn't worth a **** today either.

12. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Will the REAL Philip Rivers please stand up?

• Like Like x 1
  13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I pretty much agree with everything you say but it's hard to have confidence going against the Ponies right now.

Right now, our Bolts have their backs up against the wall and are in a MUST WIN situation!!! Norv needs to pull something out of his *** to get the team motivated right now!!!!
    The offense also needs to figure out how to get back on track. How come Rivers hit his targets last season but under throws everything this season?!!!!

BEAT THE FREAKIN' PONIES!!! :bolt:

14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    The offense is going to have to have a monster of a game!!!!

We may be without Phillips, Castillo, Jammer and Cesaire. :eek: :eek: :eek: :(

THIS SUCKS!!!!

15. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    The Chargers are as deep as any team in the NFL.

We win this week. Period.

Bring it, Indy.

16. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Go lock yourself in your closet, we'll let you know when it's safe for you to come out.

17. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    You mean, "Bring on the Colts potentially without our best cornerback and defensive end!!"?? Jammer has carried the Chargers the last two times we have played them. If he doesn't play it is a loss. Also, Donnie was huge in these games lining up the defenses and the Chargers masked their coverages which I doubt they will do this time. No reason the Colts won't put up 31+ pts.

18. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Dream on son.

19. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    It is amazing that we played the pass against the rookie Quarterback with the leagues leading rusher/rookie of the year... Now, I Know how other teams feel when LT is dominating... One week at a time... got a big game next week, lets not get down!!! :bolt:

20. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    The Colts will make the Chargers look like practice squad fodder. Humiliated by a rookie RB one week, embarrassed on National TV the next. Pretty good indications that your team is not quite ready for prime time. But you believers can go on foolin' yourselves. Me... I'ma gonna relax. Kick back... get ready for a nice long snowboarding season... and enjoy watching all the individual performances that are taking place this season.

NOW... WHO'S WITH ME!!!????
    (cue Ant's Howard Dean scream)

21. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Why worry:icon_shrug: it's just a fawking game. The sun will rise tomorrow and the bills will still find their way into my letter box. If I was any more relaxed, I'd be asleep.

22. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Didn't Cesaire come back later in the game?:icon_huh:

23. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Give your Norv Turner inflatable doll some extra loving tonight!!!
    Don't forget to wear a dress for him on Sunday!!!

24. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Relax. If Jammer can't go, Cro will step up. Only thing we need to do is put a leash on D-flo. No more moronic mistakes from him next week, I hope.

25. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Wheels done fell off...Car is ghetto parked on the side of the freeway, all your friends are driving by saying " Hey look, there's Charger Joe "...

It's hard to chill when someone ***** slapped your car, knocked off the wheels, you have a tire wrench in your hand while your friends drive by and laugh...

Chill my ***...We got punked...I'm a Charger fan through and through...I am financially invested in this team. Rivers is not the future...10 Pro Bowlers 2 years counting and we have '***' to show for it...

Minnesota was banged up just as we were...They played like winner despite thier seasonal record. They owned the line of scrimmage and we tackle like chicks.

Love,

TBF

26. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you really are just a kid. Son, someday you'll grow up to be a man.

27. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Hmmmmm. You throw a cheap shot at me but if I throw one back, you can't take it.

That's OK because your Norv doll will make you take it tonight!!! :eek: :hilarious:

28. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    With Cottrell on board, id say they put up at least 40

29. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    We always overreact. Are you new to this place or something?