1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Everyone Please Calm Down

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LaDeezie21, Sep 14, 2010.

1. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Aug 26, 2005
    It was just the first game. Sure it is disappointing to lose against the Chiefs but we'll get another crack at them. Remember that the Broncos came out on FIRE last year and if I remember correctly, we still won the division.

It was disappointing to see so many miscues in the passing game, balls were dropped, footing was lost and bad throws were made. That might or might not have been caused by the conditions on the field but regardless those kinds of things are fixable.

Rivers had some time to throw most of the game. There was a point there in the middle of the game where KC was on fire defensively but other than that I think the line did well.

Mathews did okay. 19 for 79 yards isn't too bad considering that he didn't play at the end of the game much. I know he had that fumble and also caused Rivers to fumble but I still think we could of used him a little when we were inside the 10 and ready to tie the game. The guy averaged 3.9 yards per carry, and even at his worst he was getting 3 yards, they should of kept him in there in my opinion.

The defense did good for most of the game. With the exception of the long rushing TD they were solid. Not great just solid. Weddle had a few nice plays, Cason had a few well defended passes and the front 7 applied some pressure at times. I really liked Phillips' sack. That was all him. He made a nice move to the inside after a bull rush. The way I see it the Chiefs only earned one TD and that was the long run. Other than that, it was broken special teams play and a fumble that set up their other two scores.

Special teams were horrible. Not only the tackling but Sproles was just not explosive. The guy looked very average back there and was not a threat at all.

Osgood was most definitely missed out there. There were times where there were 3 or 4 Chargers around the kick returner only for them to just freeze and let the guy run by them, it's as if they were afraid to make the tackle. Special Teams was the most disappointing aspect of the game for me. If it wasn't for them the Chargers could have had better field position and more opportunities to score.

Overall I think they played okay, they were right there at the end to tie the game (and I really thought they would) but then I lost a little hope on the wasted delayed hand off to Sproles that went nowhere. I really thought that Mathews should of been in there instead. He could have pushed the pile a good 2-3 yards EASY, and that would of put more pressure on KC to cover the run. They would of thought twice about putting 3 on Gates.

I'm sure these problems will get ironed out in the next few weeks. I'm disappointed but I still have confidence in the team.

It's just week one guys.
  2. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Jul 12, 2007

For the second year in a row we get a Monday night road game against a weak sister who was WAY fired up.

It was a sloppy game in sloppy weather, ****** weather is a great equalizer. They basically had two long plays that killed us. The rest of the time they didn't really move the ball much.

It sucked, and I'm sure some people are cranking up the annual Fire Norv ****, but it's one game.