1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Everyone voiced what they want the Chargers to do

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Bolts4lyfe, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +752
    But what do you want ou AFC West Rivals to do?

Hopefully the Cheifs either take Poe or Tannehill both have Potential to be "BUSTS"

God help us if the take Keuchly

Broncos maybe Brockers??? same with him and he won't be a factor this year and maybe not until Peyton is out the door

2. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,019
    I'm actually praying the Broncos buy into the Mayock/network hype and draft Doug Martin. Why you might ask? Because the rumors I'm hearing right now is that they have a legitimate interest in Brock Osweiler (and may even invest into him in the 1st or 2nd round). Martin is going to cost a 2nd round pick - I highly doubt he'll last to the 3rd - and John Fox has a constant jones for RB's. Martin's serviceable, pro ready, and so forth but there's nothing dynamic about him as a runner - in short, he's incredibly average in terms of ceiling. I can handle average, particularly if it comes at the expense of them drafting a DT that could have above average ceiling and fill a much more immediate need.

So long as the Chiefs stick with Matt Cassel, I'm a happy camper. Actually, I'll add a caveat to that. As long as they stick with Cassel and don't draft either DeCastro or Richardson, I'm a very happy camper.

The Raiders... engh. I'm less concerned about them right now. McKenzie has actually made good moves this offseason, but Oakland is realistically at least a year away from being truly competitive because even in death ousting Al from the front office duties, the new GM had to take one step back from the two steps forward the franchise took in '11 because of Al's frivolousness with contracts. They're also a team that will need the run desperate to protect Palmer from turning the ball over entirely too much - and both their primary runners right now are legitimately injury prone.

• Like Like x 1
  3. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,583
    I'd be ecstatic if the Chiefs took Michael Brockers, there is some rumbling on the Chiefs board that they may try to trade or even cut Tyson Jackson or Glenn Dorsey who they have major money tied up in.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,019
    I could see a trade, don't know about an outright cut. They've got the cap space to cover this year pretty easily - but Dorsey is an FA next season and Jackson is due something like $13 million in 2013, so the likelihood is that one of the two won't be with the team after this season (likely Dorsey). This is why there's been some credence connected to the Chiefs giving consideration to Fletcher Cox in the 1st (or Poe, as if he bombed as an NT he could still project at a 5-Tech assumedly).

What would be interesting to see is that the Pats have been rumored to have a severe interest in Michael Brockers and the potential to trade up for him; thing is that fits entirely against Belichick's normal mantra (he doesn't trade up in the 1st, he pretty religiously trades down or out). Could this rumor be more of an interest from the Chiefs or could it spur Pioli (who seems like he keeps trying to duplicate what Belichick does without actually a fully functioning knowledge of how Bill did it - gives you pause as to who really was the architect of that dynasty) to try to head Bill off at the pass and just select Brockers if he's there?

5. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,583
    As long as we don't take Brockers, I will laugh hysterically at the suckers who do.

Yes, I am that convinced he will be about as effective as Tyson Jackson had been... Another player I was very low on a few years ago.

6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,583
    Nobody in their right mind is going to trade for either player, both have big cap hits and neither have been productive. I'd bet you Dorsey gets cut, which is unnerving consideirng how much he reminds me of Liuget.