1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Excellent Ted Cottrell Interview

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdbound, Dec 22, 2007.

1. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
  2. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I heard this when it aired. It's a great interview and offers a nice insight into what TC is all about. He is very straightforward and not afraid of answering questions that others might side step.

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Great interview. Thanks for posting.

Everyone needs to hear this, especially the FIRE TED crowd.

4. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    The one thing i wanted to hear and I didn't was his misuse of our linebackers. As he's doing now he's got a set formation with our front d-7. He's got to move the linebackers around on the line of scrimmage before the snap otherwise o-lines are having an easy time picking up our pass rush. WHich has been happening all year. Its the reason we run a 3/4 defense so we have an extra linebacker or two to move around and blitze or use in a stunt from different gaps.

Cottrell has to wake up with this. He's misusing our front d-7 talent. This defense could be alot better.:yes::yes:

5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    TC just seems to get it. Really good interview. I saw the exact think in the GB game. If Weddle doesn't trip, he intercepts that corner route and we win that game.

Best TC line, "I woulda taken a green stick and hit my quarterback in the butt with it." :icon_rofl:

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Yeah, Ted really let Kitna have it. "Hung his recievers out to dry", harsh.

7. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    This kind of thing is what the Chargers don't do enough of. Most of the time, in fact all of the time, they muzzle everyone on the team accept for the Head Coach. This is the first really insightful interview with a coach other than Turner I've come across.

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Any chance of getting the text of the interview? Dial-up just doesn't lend itself well to viewing video clips. :tdown:

I'd love to read it as I've been down on Teddy from the start. It would be interesting to hear his take on his performance as DC.

9. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Thank you, too, for posting this interesting interview.
    I noticed what lots of puzzle pieces a good coach has to be in mind.
    but I'm still not convinced that the DEF couldn't have a better
    start. Of course the expectations were high, but Merriman an Phillips were held on a leach the first five/six games.
    I don't mind the Green Bay game that could have been won.
    I am angry about the homegame vs. the Chiefs.

10. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    The past is prologue and water under the bridge now. Both TC and players understand one another at this point and the results are obvious. Hated losing to KC, too. Green Bay harshed my buzz. They are both but distant memories. In a few weeks we'll find out if it's real or if it's memorex.

• Like Like x 1
  11. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    That'd be me. I'll listen to it after I hit 18 holes of golf action!
    FORE! :icon_toast::icon_party: