1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

excited about going to the Pats game?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by trevfx, Oct 21, 2010.

1. trevfx

trevfx BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Let's face it... the Chargers have been sucking big time! And when you look at those first 6 games and who we played and LOST to, it feels even worst. I don't get how anyone out there can feel confident about the Chargers beating an established team like the Pats, when we just lost 4 games to teams that were handed to us on a platter to win.

I'm surprised anyone wants to burn their money going to this week's Charger game in San Diego? Is it really worth it? Are you still excited to go? I'm visiting from Canada, and was going to buy tickets to watch my fav team play... but at the price tix are and the fact that the Chargers are probably going to get blown out, it just feels too risky. I think I'll take my kids to Sea World instead.

2. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I've "wasted" money going to several Chargers games, aside from the outcome had a great time, and would do it all over again. If you are a Chargers fan you should be excited, I don't think the ticket you bought guarantees a victory. It's about loyalty, being around people who you share a common goal with. Defending your team and home to visiting fans (not starting **** or fights). In this day and age sports are about the only thing that will (or suppose to anyways) bring thousands together regardless or race creed or religion and unite.

How could you be pessimistic about all that?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Nicely put....but I'm still very hesitant about going to Quualcom in full Patriots gear.

• Like Like x 1
  4. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    I haven't been there in years but I don't blame you. There are a lot of knuckleheads in SOCAL. The best time to go to a game is probably when the team stinks as most the front runners won't even show up.

I for one have been to 15 away games in the past 5 years, and always go in chargers gear. Always hear bullshyt from other fans and lash back every ten or so insults. Baltimore was the worst so far.

5. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    Buck, if you were to meet up with the bolttalk crowd I'm sure that would eliminate much of the issues you could potentially face I'm sure.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Oh, it isn't the bolttalk crowd I'm worried about. You guys are the best.....you'd have to be to tolerate a Pats fan as long as you have tolerated me.

7. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,415

• Like Like x 1
  8. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    Get a ticket from one of the members here, and meet them at their tailgate spot. I don't think tolerant is the word for accepting a knowledgeable fan from another team, you've been respectful, and tolerant of many of us as well. I can only speak for myself but I am glad to have members like you and beerguy on our forum. I am also confident you would have a great time if you were to sit in an area with many of the ticket holders on this site, and I am ever so jealous that you could potentially enjoy carne of the gods in the parking lot this weekend. Don't let a bunch of idiots ruin that experience.

9. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    I appreciate your kind words and thoughts, but I suspect bellying up to the local Steelers sports bar...a half mile away....will be the way to go.

I do want the Pats to win, but I also want to see the Chargers get over their annual first of the season madness...just not this weekend...:)

10. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Qualcomm isn't dangerous for opposing fans unless you act like a complete douche (which is the case in pretty much every stadium). I've seen some heckling and a few shoving matches, but only because the visiting team's fan was instigating it.

And with the Chargers sucking as they are right now, you'll be perfectly safe wearing your gear.

11. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    I don't to single out anyone in particular here, but I will share this little tidbit or two. I am a Chargers fan and season ticket holder. I have been for years. I will continue to be one for years. I have been here through the lean seasons, (1-15) and the good seasons (14-2) where all is good. I have seen my share of victories and losses. Sometimes it feels like I have seen more losses in the long run, but lately things have been good. We have a tailgate section where a few of us from this website and a couple of other sites get together and have ourselves a grand old time regardless of the outcome of a game. We have Europeans, Canadians, Latin American, drinkers, non-drinkers, and every other kind of Charger fan show up at our tailgates. We also have people from opposing teams that show up from being on our website or relatives of some of our members that show up. We treat them all the same, (mostly, except for Raydur fans) give them a ribbing, then share a brew or two with them. People feel comfortable at our tailgate parties, and we respect even those not lucky enough to be Chargers fans. We also have families there. Folks bring their kids, wives, parents, and friends. We have a simple mantra, "We don't hate, we tailgate!" We share our food, stories, and friendships, Charger fans and foes alike. If you want to experience a good time with Charger fans loyal and otherwise, drop on by. You don't have to believe me, just ask anyone else from this site that attends our functions. You want to make your visit to San Diego memorable, put your best face forward and have a chat and a beverage with us. We look forward to meeting new peeps, and if you want to dress like a minuteman sans rifle or a cheese head go right on ahead. It will make for good PR when you get in our group portrait. And if you are a Charger fan, you get to meet all of the other screen names in person, and you will always be welcome! Go Bolts!!!

Thanks,

Pointy :helm1:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Local TV blackout lifted

By Chargers.com
    Posted 29 minutes ago

Southern California to see Chargers-Patriots
    Enough tickets have been sold to lift the local television blackout and allow Southern California to see the live telecast of the Chargers-Patriots game on Sunday, Oct. 24 at Qualcomm Stadium. Kickoff is 1:15 pm PT. Jim Nantz and Phil Simms will call the game for CBS.

A limited number of Club Level tickets and tickets returned by the visiting team are still available at the Chargers’ ticket office at Gate C at Qualcomm Stadium, at San Diego Chargers and through TicketMaster at 800-745-3000. The ticket office is open Friday from 8-5 pm, Saturday 10-4 pm and Sunday starting at 9 am.

Fans attending the game are urged to use mass transit or carpool, and arrive EARLY. To avoid heavy traffic around the stadium on Interstates 8 and 15, fans can reach the stadium via the Friars Rd. East exit off of Highway 163.

There are 12,000 tickets available for the Chargers’ next home game against the Tennessee Titans on Sunday, Oct. 31.

Pointy

13. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Dude, you won't have anything to worry about.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,733
    No kidding, half of OB and PB will be there wearing their Patsie gear, ESPN, CBS or whoever is showing the game will make it look like the Chargers are visitors in their own stadium...

15. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    There is so much truth in Pointy's entire post. This is all WIN!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

" We Don't Hate, We Tailgate" Words to Definitely live by. :)

16. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    This will be my first game this year - I miss all my great friends at the tailgate so to answer the initial question from the title of this thread - yes I am excited about going to the Pats game.

I am a Chargers fan - no matter the outcome

I may not like some of the decisions - but it still does not change the team I root for and go see in person when I can

Win Lose, or Tie...
    Chargers Fan til I Die

• Like Like x 2
  17. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    so would I, luckily I will be wearing the CORRECT colors

18. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    OH yes I will be at the Game as well!

Even if we loose I will still enjoy the whole experience again and again!!!!!

19. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I gotta get out to the tailgate for this one.

Buck, don't worry man, like nickel said, if you don't act like douche, you're fine, Pats colors and all.

20. setanta74

setanta74 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Wow...if I ever make if back to SD again I'm looking you and your buddies up. Thats a touch of class man.

21. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Trust me, the tailgater is worth the trip and Pointy always delivers a good one.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    :tup:

23. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    1000x endorsement on Pointy's gater. Wife and I had a blast when we came down last year for the Ravens game. The tacos alone were worth the trip, but it was cool meeting all the good peeps.

24. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    we have a very good time, and everyone is welcome

25. Lightning

Lightning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Sorry to say, No I'm not excited about it and probably not going if I can help it. I'd say it's about an $800.00 day for us counting tix and I'd say that's a lower end estimate. Ever game of the 1-15 season I looked forward to going to because at least they played their a$$es off every Sunday and gave us "hope". This team is in disarray and can anyone say that they are playing with that kind of feeling no matter what the stats of ranking on offense and defense say? With our financial situation being the way it is I'll pass this weekend if I can.

26. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,415
    How the hell do you manage spending 800 dollars on a game?

I fly in from Arkansas and I don't even spend that much.

27. Lightning

Lightning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Okay Brainless....since you obviously need every little thing explained to you in life. 5 tickets $98.00 a piece...rounded up $500.00 parking pass $35.00, Full tank of gas for full sized truck $100.00 Tailgate done right for five people and guests $100.00, anything bought inside stadium and residuals...breakfast before going in the lot, newspaper etc. $75.00. Without rounding up for the tickets still puts it at $800.00. Any other questions?

28. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,415
    Yeah, I have another question. Are you capable of holding any conversation on a message board without being a dick?

29. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,415
    You're right. I should have known that because you said "us" it obviously meant you had 5 people going with you.

And this information cannot be conveyed without calling someone brainless, so I apologize for presuming you're being a dick by doing so.

30. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    H-Leo, (hehe) I owe you some rep for #28. Forgive me, I haven't read the entire thread, are you in town?