1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Excluding Luck, who do you think will be the best player(s) in this draft?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Mar 28, 2012.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    In 3 or 4 years when we're looking back at this draft there is sure to be an elite NFL player or two, a guy like Calvin Johnson, Aaron Rodgers, Adrian Peterson, Rob Gronkowski, Terrell Suggs, Darrell Revis, Ryan Clady etc... who will be the premier player at their position. Who do you think will be, or has the raw talent to become an elite player in the NFL, and it doesn't have to be a 1st round pick. Everyone thinks Luck is the shiz so lets not just say Andrew Luck. Feel free to pick more than one.

The obvious ones for me...
    Luke Kuechley
    David DeCastro
    Trent Richardson

Guys I think have the talent but lack in some other areas.....
    Dre Kirkpatrick - Gain 10lbs and move to SS and I think he could become a TE stopping machine.
    Janoris Jenkins - If he can keep his **** together. He's a top 10 pick if not for his character issues.
    Doug Martin - Looks like Ray Rice too me.
    Jared Crick - Very intresting 2nd rounder, theres some Justin Smith there.

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,411
    Whomever AJ passes over to nab his typical "reach" player. :notworthy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    I think the Vikings lucked out with the #3 pick getting Matt Kalil.

I still have 0% faith in Ponder leading that team to the playoffs, but anything can happen in the NFL.

4. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    The 1 meaningless game they won in week 16 vs the Redskins cost them that #2 pick and possibly the same coup of a trade the Rams pulled off. I don't think any Vikings fans are feeling lucky right now, a lot of them don't believe in Ponder either.

5. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    If RG3 turns out to be a super-accurate Vick who's not afraid to make all his reads in the pocket, He may be worth what the Skins gave up.

6. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    What if the Skins draft him and he turns into Leaf, or Marinovich, or even just Alex Smith? They gave up way too much for him. Who's to say they wouldn't have been picking 1st overall next season and grabbing Matt Barkley? St. Louis didn't just screw Washington, they screwed them, filmed it, sold a few million copies of the film, screwed Washington's 18 y/o daughter when she turned 18 while showing her the video of her mother, filmed that, and sold it.

7. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Ponder = :poop: LMAO

8. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +136
    Yah, i'd say Kalil is going to be an elite NFL LT. Decastro will be a great OG, Richardson will be a great RB (though i dont think he'll really be "elite"), Kuechly will be a very good NFL LB, but none of them will be elite like Kalil.

9. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    I want to sig quote this soooo badly, but I'll resist, lest Syd beat me profusely.

10. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Define Elite? Elite at his position, or elite in the context of the NFL? Do you see Richardson setting records, or just being a top RB like Ray Rice? Do you see Kuechley as a generation defining LB like Urlacher and Ray Ray?

11. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I'm talking about the top tier at their position, not about carrer stats or records, and I'm not talking about "value" picks either. Just name a player or two who will have his name bolded as a multiple pro bowler in the future.

For example, Trent Richarson I see eventually being a top 3 RB.
    I see Kuechley as a guy who could definitely become Brian Urlacher 2.0, the team that takes him will be set at ILB for the next 10yrs, and even when his skills start to decline a little like Ray Ray and Urlacher his instincts will keep him among the best. I can also see Doug Martin finding his way in the top 5 RBs with guys like MJD and Ray Rice. And the comparison of DeCastro and Mankins has been made a thousand times.