1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Expect Jackson and Floyd to get 1st and 3rd tenders

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Expect receivers to get 1st and 3rd tenders

Kevin Acee
    Sunday, February 28, 2010

Wide receivers Vincent Jackson and Malcom Floyd are both expected to get the first-and-third tender from the Chargers, based on conversations I've talked had with people familiar with the Chargers' intentions.

I have also heard all sides have had at least preliminary talks about long-term contracts for both of the restricted free agents.

The tender will give Jackson $3.268 million since he has five years of experience. Floyd will get $3.168 million.

That is a raise of over $2.723 million for Jackson, who played out the final year of his rookie contract in 2009. Floyd, who made $1.545 million in '09 after receiving a second-round tender, will get a raise of more than 100 percent.

2. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I am surprised about Floyd, but that is what I expected for VJ. I am surprised that Floyd is getting higher than a 2nd round tender, as I would be surprised if a team actually gave up a 2nd for him, especially since he will be 29 when the season starts

3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,422
    Taking care of the main cog of our offense. :abq1:

4. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Yup, gotta keep the twin towers together. VJ, Gates and Floyd, the 3 headed monster.

5. CraziFuzzy

CraziFuzzy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    That monster's got a LOT more heads than that.. :tup:
    Unfortunately, it's limping around on half a leg.. :tdown:

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Now we just gotta sign them long term

7. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    The San Diego Union Tribune reports the Chargers are going to make it difficult for four of their restricted free agents to leave.

Receivers Vincent Jackson and Malcom Floyd, linebacker Shawne Merriman and left tackle Marcus McNeill will also receive the high tender. Any team that wishes to sign any of these players will have to surrender a first and third round pick to sign the players. Even if a team decides to swallow the high cost, San Diego would have the right to match the offer.

The only player who could possibly attract a first and third-round pick may be Jackson.

Jackson and McNeill were expected to get the high tender. Merriman and Floyd’s designations are a bit surprising, but the Chargers value both players