1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"Experts" and Their Misconceptions

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltssbbound, Sep 11, 2006.

1. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,366
    I've seen this posted a hundred different places, so I just had to vent about it.

"Experts" keep talking about Derrick Burgess vs. Marcus McNeill. None of them seem to be aware that Burgess plays LDE and goes up against the RT. Now, the Turds might put him on McNeill's side to test the rook, but that is not the position Burgess will be at for all or even most of the snaps.

The other misconception that bugs me is the "experts" that have actually watched a game or two and know Burgess' plays LDE talk about how he dominated Shane Olivea last year. Burgess did have 2 sacks against SD last year, but both came in our first game against Chokeland. Olivea did not play that day because his knee was injured. In fact, we had so many O line injuries in that game that if we'd had one more we would have had to play someone out of position. There were no more lineman on the bench.

In our second game against Oakland, the game in which Olivea started, Burgess had no sacks.

I predict a shutout for Burgess. He will not sniff PR tonight. And all of those who are predicting an upset in this game will be made to look like the brainless tools that they are.:icon_toast:

2. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Totally agree. But it's par for the course for these "experts". They try to cover too much about every team, and all that it does is water down the content into nothing more than fluff pieces full of misconceptions.

3. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,366
    The latest "gem" was the scout on ESPN that called Burgess and Brayton a "great pass rush combo." Burgess led the league in sacks last year. Brayton had one sack. How the hell is that a pass rushin combo? That would be like ordering red beans and rice and getting a plate of rice with one bean in the middle of it. :icon_huh:

Even with the attention Burgess demanded, Brayton could not register more than one sack. And the guy has only six sacks in three seasons. Wait it gets better. Brayton played in all 16 games last year and had only 14 tackles. What? We aren't talking about a NT. We're talking an OLB. I'm 5'8, 165, and I bet I could get more than 14 tackles if I played in all 16 games. Just by pure chance. The ball carrier should run into you and fall down more times than that in 16 games. Granted, Brayton started only three games last year, but in those games he registered 0, 1, and 2 tackles. 2 was the most tackles Brayton recorded in a game. What a force.

The other Brayton-related misconception I've read is that Rob Ryan will keep Brayton at DE this year, his natural position, because "Ryan is so good at using his personnel." You mean the same Rob Ryan that has been D-Coordinator of the Turds for two years and has been playing Brayton at OLB for most of that stretch? :yes: :icon_rofl:

4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Merriman + Phillips will be the textbook example of a "terrific pass rush combo". :yes:

12 sacks for Merriman
    10 sacks for Phillips

5. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Who do you guys think has a longer mullet, Rob Ryan or Mtl?:icon_rofl:

6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I thought I detected a "Napoleon Syndrome" :lol:

7. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,366
    Nah, I'd have to be much shorter to have a Napolean complex. That dude was like 5'2.

For the record, I was being hyperbolic when I said I could record 14 tackles in 16 games in the NFL. I couldn't survive 16 games in the NFL. But my real point, which remains the same, is that Tyler Brayton really sucks.

8. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    It's called a coupe longueuil over here and the answer is MTL.

[​IMG]

BTW Rob Ryan is hilarious. Last year you could hear him on the sidelines saying "run the ball up their asses!!!!!!!!"

9. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,366
    Like father, like son, at least in the personality department. In English speaking Canada, the mullet is commonly referred to as Hockey Hair.

For a complete list of regional names for the mullet, consult the lyrics of the Vandals' song "I've got an Ape Drape"

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/I've-Got-An-Ape-Drape-lyrics-The-Vandals/9E6FC51F3E77B85148256C96002ABEE7

10. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    pretty sure this belongs here...

Dan Patrick just predicted that Oakland would win tonight

11. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654

Fuc him.....he is a root smootcher. :tdown:

12. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,366
    It's kind of funny. We are favored to win, but I can think of very few "experts" who have picked us to win. Does Al Davis have pictures of all these dudes in precarious positions with their favorie barnyard animals?

The focking emperor has no clothes. Fock, the entire evil Turd Empire doesn't have any clothes. Wake up you douche bags.

13. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,696

THANK YOU FOR POINTING THIS OUT FOR ME!!!
    Im sick of people getting it wrong.

Im also sick of hearing about this Raider "new attitude"

EVERY TEAM HAS NEW ATTITUDE THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON!!!

If they think the Chargers dont have attitude just look at the run stopping numbers, thats where attitude starts on defense!:bolt: Its gonna come down to talent, and the Raiders are woefully short on that.

The Raiders are retarded if they think some *** 9 yr reciever named Alvin Whitted is gonna take pressure off Randy Moss, Whitted has never had more that 300 yds in a single season!!!!

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
    note on brayton

he was a DE in college, was comparable in skill and sack ability to Jason Babin but he is a big guy (was 6'5 or so) and in the 270lb range; that's a good size for him. He was asked to play OLB which is ridiculous since he had no experience nor any ability to do such. The Raiders basically wasted a really good player but he's gotten better now that he returned to being a 4-3 DE which is his normal position. But still because he's been so mucked up over the last frew years there's no guarentee he'll do better now.

15. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    RAIDERS SUCK!!!!!

16. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,366
    Yeah, you can say they mucked up his career by playing him out of position, but, I'm sorry, if dude is a football player he's going to have more than 14 tackles, 1 sack and 0 passes defensed. You could put Jamal Williams at OLB and he'd have better numbers than that. I realize Brayton was out of position, but come on. That's like saying Gallery's only problem the last couple years is that he was playing out of position at RT.

A football player is a football player.

17. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Ngata ran a ball for 60 yards ........ :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

18. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,366
    Exactly. A football player is a football player. A first round draft pick DE who's moved to OLB and records only 14 tackles in his third season, he's just a puzzy.

The Turds are going to get splattered all over the black hole, and all these pundits predicting a Turd victory will disavow all knowledge of ever having made such a prediction.

19. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654

He also said he ran out of bounds at the NINE yard line because he had NEVER run so far and was looking for someone to pitch it to but basically said fuggg it.

20. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Muuhahahahha!!!

The entire MNF crew picked the Bolts!

Take that, "experts" !!!

21. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    45 post to 5,000 and an hour and a half to kick off !!!!!

22. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I'm down to 25 posts left!

:D